Pre-Game Manly v Knights [Round 18, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

42 12
4 Pines Park
16 Jul 2022 05:30 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't we beaten the teams below us on the ladder and struggled against the ones above? Doesn't that mean we win the games we are supposed to?
I recall a number of games in previous years against the likes of Newcastle, Gold Coast & St George that we should have beaten when favorites and didn't. Whilst it has been highlighted that we hadn't beaten any top 4 sides before Melbourne for some time we are not unbeaten by lower sides. We haven't too many wins against St George in recent years at all and Newcastle always give us trouble. The last time we played Newcastle we only got away at the end of the game with a bit of luck. We are not certainties to beat Newcastle and if the players think that we are in trouble.

Hopefully Davey does a far better job than Talaki defending on that left edge.
What a terrible mismatch and I feel sorry for Talaki being selected there, he defends ok at centre and still has his bad moments at club level, so Fittler throws him into a far bigger impact area he has not been playing in for the SOO decider and actually had him defending as an A defender also - poor bloke, what a Stinker of a call...Slater and staff must have been licking lips saying "Well wait a moment, NSW have gifted us a lifeline" and they were rightfully rewarded on many occasions
Agree, Fittler made a lot of strange calls last night. Cooks limited involvement was puzzling to say the least, if ever we needed his darting pressure relieving runs from dummy half it was surely last night.

I recall a number of games in previous years against the likes of Newcastle, Gold Coast & St George that we should have beaten when favorites and didn't. Whilst it has been highlighted that we hadn't beaten any top 4 sides before Melbourne for some time we are not unbeaten by lower sides. We haven't too many wins against St George in recent years at all and Newcastle always give us trouble. The last time we played Newcastle we only got away at the end of the game with a bit of luck. We are not certainties to beat Newcastle and if the players think that we are in trouble.
ok if you were talking about previous years, then totally on board.

I hope that our Manly Maroon forwards can start to play with the heart

of the QLD Maroon forwards that ran so passionately like men inspired and men possessed

for the full 80 minutes

That would make a huge difference to our Maroon Manly team

If we can't beat the Knights when we are basically full strength (minus Turbo but we won't be seeing him again this year), then this year is basically done.

If we can't beat the Knights when we are basically full strength (minus Turbo but we won't be seeing him again this year), then this year is basically done.
Forget their position on the ladder, have you looked at their line-up? The reason they've failed so far this year is down to the halves and hooker, but they've got their hooker back now. Are Milford and Clune capable of playing well? Sure.
I expect a Manly win by at least 10 points but no way will this be a walk-over.

Forget their position on the ladder, have you looked at their line-up? The reason they've failed so far this year is down to the halves and hooker, but they've got their hooker back now. Are Milford and Clune capable of playing well? Sure.
Agree, SER8. Their pack has started to play pretty well over the last few weeks and this could be a much tougher game than people expect. We need to win and we should win, but that's no guarantee of anything. Just ask the NSW Origin side…

I agree ... but nobody will love you for saying so ...

Triple Treat for all Manly fans at 4 pines park

A chance to watch all 3 grades and all our players in action

If I was not rostered for weekend detention I would be there

To all the Manly people that can make it on this awesome occasion

Have a fantastic time and may all 3 grades grace our sacred home ground with big wins for you

I really hope we win. My son has been given his make-a-wish foundation wish granted (battled leukaemia) and we have come down from QLD to hang with the team on friday training and saturday game day. He absolutely loves this club!
Thank you for your inspiring post @ando and may God always bless your son with good health

It will be a thrill for your boy to be around great Manly people at the club he is passionate about

And also get the opportunity to watch all our Manly players in all 3 games

The Weather forecast is clear sunny skies above our sacred home ground

Wishing you and all the family an awesome time feathered friend

I really hope we win. My son has been given his make-a-wish foundation wish granted (battled leukaemia) and we have come down from QLD to hang with the team on friday training and saturday game day. He absolutely loves this club!
Wow, that's great. And my guess is that your son will provide at least as much in inspiration to the team as anything he gets out of the time with them. All the best to all your family, and Go Manly, to top off the experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8