Post-Game Discussion Manly v Eels [Round 3, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Eels
34 4 Pines Park
16 Mar 2023 20:00
80:00 minute

Match Stats

I think many are overlooking the impact of the heat. It was immense and impacted both teams.
Parra had had two really tough games coming in so must have been a little fatigued, while we had the dreadful situation of a game then a break so no chance of being really match fit.
Our start was brilliant and aggressive, then I think the heat really played a role.
Let's not be unhappy about a WIN over PARRA.
Woo bloody hoo!!!!!!

Funny how much better we looked once we brought on Weekes (a fullback) to play hooker over Croker. Imagine if we, you know, played an actual hooker there! Surely people are starting to realise the jig is up with Croker

Defence was awful but I’m happy to put that down to the heat last night and the bye/lack of game time. I would like to see any other winger on our right hand side and for Tom to put in just a little bit of effort in defence, but overall the attack looked great (especially around Schu/Tom) and how good is a win over Parra. Them being 0-3 is just as good as us being 2-0 and on top of the table

Moses manufactured the obstruction by getting in brad’s way. Next time schu should hit Brad with the pass, Moses wouldn’t have stopped him.

Our defence looked ragged dealing with multiple offloads, I’m sure the coaches will deal with that.

Koula dropping off gutho was very disappointing, also his pass over the sideline when he made a half break was shocking. Maybe his worst game so far.

I agree with other posters that Tuipulotu is not quite the ticket, and he was outsmarted by gutho for that non try.

I am very interested in the response by the coaching staff this week (not that we will really ever know what it is) and next weeks selections. Meanwhile I hope that Souths and the Rorters absolutely batter one another tonight.

Another big game and DCE was no way near close to being a top player.Which is Exactly same story the last few years, at a minimum.
How many times is this going to be ignored.
being the highest paid player who never turns up for big games, almost automatically ensures Manly is never a serious chance of winning the GF.

Player wise, Manly’s right side attack is far more dangerous than its left side, but because DCE passing attaking game is so non-existent, all of Manly the best attack comes on the left, which is easily it’s weaker side.
Put Schuster or another ball player on Manly right side, and that attack would be devastating.
Manly‘s right side attack is Huomole & Koula doing most attacks by themselves.

Another big game and DCE was no way near close to being a top player.Which is Exactly same story the last few years, at a minimum.
being the highest paid player who never turns up for big games, almost automatically ensures Manly is never a serious chance of winning the GF.

DCE wasnt the best player on the field because FINALLY he didn't have to be, Turbo was out there, Schuster was creating space, the forwards were doing their job. It hasnt been DCE being the problem. Its been a team strategically lost and reliant more often than not on DCE to do something. Often he did and successfully. But a team is not one player. DCE will benefit greatly if Turbo and Schuster remain fit. We'll see him much more like he was in SOO where he had top rankers alongside him. Make no bones about it. For what he does DCE is invaluable and worth top dollar.

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

Are You High Episode 2 GIF by Big Little Lies

Moses manufactured the obstruction by getting in brad’s way. Next time schu should hit Brad with the pass, Moses wouldn’t have stopped him.

Our defence looked ragged dealing with multiple offloads, I’m sure the coaches will deal with that.

Koula dropping off gutho was very disappointing, also his pass over the sideline when he made a half break was shocking. Maybe his worst game so far.

I agree with other posters that Tuipulotu is not quite the ticket, and he was outsmarted by gutho for that non try.
I think the thing about Koula is that he is still young and a lot to learn. At the moment it's his speed and usually his defence that he's known for. Those kind of ball skills should develop with more experience. And him falling off that tackle was a bit of a shock but it happens. I think the reason there was no one else to make the tackle when he did fall off, was coz of the confidence they have in his defence. So thankfully, in the end both errors didn't cost us. and yep, what to do about Tui coz he has some upsides but I do find myself yelling out "stay on your wing" way too many times.

Did anyone else see the mobile bar staff in the stands, selling cans of 4 Pines out of their esky backpacks? Getting a cold beer on a 28C night, and not even having to get out of my seat.
It was good to see the club coming up with new solutions after the debacle of the bar lines in round 1.

Did anyone else see the mobile bar staff in the stands, selling cans of 4 Pines out of their esky backpacks? Getting a cold beer on a 28C night, and not even having to get out of my seat.
It was good to see the club coming up with new solutions after the debacle of the bar lines in round 1.
I sure did see them. Two of them stood right in front of me for 5 minutes with their big eskies blocking everyone's view 🤬🤬🤬🤬

Another reason to be annoyed I was in Covid iso!!

Would have been tragic if Manly lost last night after having the edge for most of the game . Certainly have the attacking ability and being able to combine some well structed plays with some razzle dazzle and some terrific individual skills . Maybe could attribute some of the defensive problems with a degree of fatigue but just poor reads and application in most of the break downs . Such a really capable side but and one would think [ and hope ] can only get better . Plenty of self belief and positive attitude , a couple of obvious weaknesses but nothing that can not be fixed to a large extent . Lane was a big out for them , Eels can not be underestimated, were able to stay in the game somehow but Manly still had the better of them overall last night and reckon can only improve more and particularly with a few individual players . High level of intensity again in the main in defence , not easy to sustain but the intent is there . Wrap for Paseka in particular , some really good individual efforts but he was right up there

So Guthrson says "we are scoring pretty good footy tries and we are letting in soft tries".

News flash Gutho - at least 3 of your tries were as soft as any I have ever seen.

Take off the rose coloured glasses and go to a man's hairdresser instead of one of those poodle barbers in Oxford Street.

Top player but complete arse-clown.

I noticed last week and last night that Moses and Gutho are always straight in the ref's face after every try is scored against parra, they argue about obstructions, put-downs etc within a split second. Surely they need to be warned to get out of the ref's face.

Big time they have always been like that. Bunch of bitches. Hate to think top knot was once an 🦅

Oh I get it...

It's cheating unless Parra does it, then it's "Genius".

A crafty move from Mitchell Moses wasn't enough to score the Parramatta Eels a victory against the Manly Sea Eagles at Brookvale Oval on Thursday night.

It looked like Tom Trbojevic had his second try of the match after streaming over the line early in the second half, however it was called back when Moses was spotted lying on the turf.

Manly centre Brad Parker was penalised for making direct contact with Moses, taking him out of the play.

However, Nine commentators Phil Gould, Andrew Johns, and Brad Fittler could only giggle at the "genius" ploy from the halfback.

They suggested the crafty No.7 has made a habit of seeking contact in the defensive line in an effort to prevent opposition tries.

"He's a genius, Mitchell Moses, at that," Gould said.

"He can find them.

(sorry if posted)

- Parra suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4