Pre-Game Manly v Eels [Round 3, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

34 30
4 Pines Park
16 Mar 2023 08:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parra’s edge defence is very shaky, there will be plenty of chances for us with Schuster back and opening up plenty of space for Tommy and co. They will be desperate but we are coming off a bye and are at home, if we’re serious we should take this one
We will be desperate too just show the boys the heartbreak last minute loss of Moses kicking the goal from the sideline.

We must be ruthless and not give them a sniff.

This game will tell us more about us than them.

Eels are still a strong side but currently not where they were late last year, namely top 2.
No Mahoney, Papalii, Kaufusi, Niukore, Matterson, Lane...
They are over-reliant on Campbell-Gillard and Paulo.
Sharks made their left side defence look fragile, so Haumole and Koula will give coach Arthur some sleepless nights this week.
If we have every forward aim up like they did last week we'll win this one. In fact a big win wouldn't surprise me.

Interesting situation for Parra. In recent years they were winning many games by just getting over the line, often by one or two points. Now they are losing by a few points. Just the slightest drop of performance and suddenly you're a loser rather than a winner. Hope it continues on Thursday

Eels are still a strong side but currently not where they were late last year, namely top 2.
No Mahoney, Papalii, Kaufusi, Niukore, Matterson, Lane...
They are over-reliant on Campbell-Gillard and Paulo.
Sharks made their left side defence look fragile, so Haumole and Koula will give coach Arthur some sleepless nights this week.
If we have every forward aim up like they did last week we'll win this one. In fact a big win wouldn't surprise me.
They are definitely short some players , and clearly ( at this point ) no where near as good as last year.

But that does not mean we should underestimate them , they will be desperate for a win and an ambush isn’t out of the question if we aren’t careful.

BUT, if our forwards aim up like they did in game 1 we will bash them into submission, and then I’d expect our backs to have a field day.

My score prediction

Us 36
Them 10

They are definitely short some players , and clearly ( at this point ) no where near as good as last year.

But that does not mean we should underestimate them , they will be desperate for a win and an ambush isn’t out of the question if we aren’t careful.

BUT, if our forwards aim up like they did in game 1 we will bash them into submission, and then I’d expect our backs to have a field day.

My score prediction

Us 36
Them 10
Stop Paulo and RCG and we'll win. Same strategy Panthers used last year, and with all their other forwards gone they rely even more on those 2 now.
In Jake up front we have the ideal man to do the job. So long as all the other middles chip in.
And so long as Schu doesn't throw too many no-look intercepts! :eek:

Let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves.

However from their perspective, if they keep losing, will they eventually dump Arthur Bradley before the season is over?

Will it be a case of:

‘Trent Barrett, come on down!’
Agreed, let’s not get ahead of ourselves. But I doubt the eels will win a game this year. Also the coach will be sacked, and they will lose their nrl licence.

Stop Paulo and RCG and we'll win. Same strategy Panthers used last year, and with all their other forwards gone they rely even more on those 2 now.
In Jake up front we have the ideal man to do the job. So long as all the other middles chip in.
And so long as Schu doesn't throw too many no-look intercepts! :eek:
The middles did really well last game , even Pillowseka

In this day and age of wokeness and political correctness, are you still allowed to kick a team when they are down?

It seems all the top teams are weaker this year, and a majority of the weaker teams are improved.

Excited to see how titans and warriors go, I think there's a chance they both have good seasons (maybe not top 8).

It seems all the top teams are weaker this year, and a majority of the weaker teams are improved.

Excited to see how titans and warriors go, I think there's a chance they both have good seasons (maybe not top 8).
Hard to say that definitively this early in the season. How many years have teams like Newcastle and St George looked like world beaters after 5-10 rounds only to fall away horribly?

Interesting situation for Parra. In recent years they were winning many games by just getting over the line, often by one or two points. Now they are losing by a few points. Just the slightest drop of performance and suddenly you're a loser rather than a winner. Hope it continues on Thursday
I'll always think of them as losers, even when they're winning.

Never underestimate the ref and his gang. I expect us to tire at certain stages due to an uneven penalty count and 6 agains. We still should have too much strike power though but we will probably get a bit of a scare - Manly 23 - Eels 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8