Pre-Game Manly v Eels [Round 3, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

34 30
4 Pines Park
16 Mar 2023 08:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Providing Manly can get their defence in order , definitely have the attack to then go on with it . Still have unpleasant recollections of both losses to the Eels last season , i st occasion some very questionable ref "s calls and losing Turbo fairly early . 2nd game just falling apart towards the end after a fairly competitive 60 min . or so . Should be in a better position this time to get the better of them , just have to make it happen on the foundation of some sold defence

The loss of Turbo is always a serious problem. Fortunately we have a pretty decent backup in Weekes if the champion breaks down again. We are better off this year to cover losses of personnel

The loss of Turbo is always a serious problem. Fortunately we have a pretty decent backup in Weekes if the champion breaks down again. We are better off this year to cover losses of personnel
Agree Manly better placed now if Turbo goes down than they have been in the past. They actually played much better without him last year than in previous years.

I'm sure it would have been a focus of Seibold and the coaching team to have a more balanced team in case of break down as well.

Agree Manly better placed now if Turbo goes down than they have been in the past. They actually played much better without him last year than in previous years.

I'm sure it would have been a focus of Seibold and the coaching team to have a more balanced team in case of break down as well.
I doubt much Weekes would get a shot at fullback while Garrick still has two legs.

Eels are still a strong side but currently not where they were late last year, namely top 2.
No Mahoney, Papalii, Kaufusi, Niukore, Matterson, Lane...
They are over-reliant on Campbell-Gillard and Paulo.
Sharks made their left side defence look fragile, so Haumole and Koula will give coach Arthur some sleepless nights this week.
If we have every forward aim up like they did last week we'll win this one. In fact a big win wouldn't surprise me.
We will win & the excuses will come out about their injuries.......

We will win & the excuses will come out about their injuries.......
Yet if we win, then that is all that matters to us.

Let the eels machine do what it does best and self-destruct.

If they have that many injuries then we have our litmus test - we are at home, close to full-strength. If we are set on a top-4 finish this is an early game we should win.

If we maintain the hard hitting defence we had in the Doggies game we should be able to discourage Parra.
Halt Paulo and Campbell Gillard we win comfortably....many feel Eels will be hungry and desperate- I expect the same from Manly who have plenty to prove against a team who took great pleasure thrusting a knife through Manly's final hopes last season.
In fact , I feel the losses to Eels both hurt the team more than any off field drama and have a strong feeling these Manly forwards will be out to hurt them physically and mentally until they crack, then the Turbo /Schu show will be live with no adverts 🔥

I doubt much Weekes would get a shot at fullback while Garrick still has two legs.

Given Weekes offers far more than alternative wing men for Garrick, I would suggest moving Garrick back to full back would weaken the side more than having Weekes at Full back. Garrick is too valuable on the wing at present. Further given Weekes has been receiving training especially from Brett Stewart apparently for the full back role, it would seem odd to not use him there.

Given Weekes offers far more than alternative wing men for Garrick, I would suggest moving Garrick back to full back would weaken the side more than having Weekes at Full back. Garrick is too valuable on the wing at present. Further given Weekes has been receiving training especially from Brett Stewart apparently for the full back role, it would seem odd to not use him there.
Lets hope we don't get to see hey..

Could you imagine the team harmony ryan matterson must bring to a camp possible to be 0-3 , getting ready each week to wear in his new boots..

they will be on full tilt against us this week

lift tackle

I can see the nrl is allowing some more scope this season, so far with the lifting and slamming tackle, but there appetite to swiftly change course worries me a little .

jake, frog, keppie, lawman all use this aggressive style with risk, and frog in particular had that dump at all costs mixed into his enthusiasm last week and was getting a tad sloppy in technique

335455883_446104987685202_6959657127043615971_n.jpg

4 Parra players in the team of the week ..... Good grief ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8