Game Day: Manly v Eels [Round 22, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
This year has been a pretty massive transition in fairness. It's taken time to gel, and we have been smacked with injuries, playing guys out of position and the feedback here is we want to change the team which still puts players out of their usual position. It will still be the same inconsistent stuff from the team.

it is what it is, and it's not been fun this year. There are some good young players coming through getting 1st grade experience this year, and hopefully with a few more worthwhile additions in key positions and less injuries, I can only look forward to next year.

meanwhile, let's continue to show some sack in the last few games, and hopefully build some cohesion in attack.

I know it hurts and I was very angry at everyone at the end of that game, but the boys put the effort in and with a team that's still gelling unfortunately, thats all you can ask. There were mistakes yes but the defence from both sides was outstanding. Bag the boys all you want but they were robbed with that last penalty. What a dud decision! Anyone who thinks the players were very poor can explain to me what else Taupau was supposed to do.

I also want to add that while I'm no fan, Lewis brown had a real crack tonight. You can see that he wants to do well but i think he needs to be given the right role. What it is I'm not sure but he's contracted a for the next couple of years so for the teams sake I hope he finds it.

all been said. No cohesion in attack and kicking is a problem. Same old options that are telegraphed. Tackled, tried etc but lacking many things before we can get into the finals again.

As much as doesn't-matta were offside a lot when rushing up, especially against our left side in attack and even more so against DCE.....the fact is that we didn't adjust to it all game. It was obvious early on that the refs were letting them get away with it so we needed to stand a bit deeper in attack, but again we didn't.

That in itself is poor coaching. Barrett or even Cartwright should have seen what was going on and sent the message out, or at least said something about it at half time.

You know, I'd love to say we were Cecchined out there tonight but the fact is that we played poorly all game. Do that next week and the Dogs will kill us, same with the Storm and Raiders.

BTW, who got Nein's MoM?
Danny Wicks-CH9 MoM

If DCE plays under a proven coach like Bellamy he would be a different player

And if Cronk was the only option in attack or for kicks for Melbourne. Bellamy wouldn't look as good..

We need a five/eighth more than a new coach..

Was all your Manly support at the start of the year a facade.. Seems like after a couple of losses. It's I love complaining about my team, more than loving my team!

And if Cronk was the only option in attack or for kicks for Melbourne. Bellamy wouldn't look as good..

We need a five/eighth more than a new coach..

Was all your Manly support at the start of the year a facade.. Seems like after a couple of losses. It's I love complaining about my team, more than loving my team!
You must be taking the "piss" if you are comparing Bellamy with Barrett LOL
This is a results driven business and tonight's result against a parra team that was there to be beaten was an absolute disgraceful effort by the Barrett coached Sea eagles
The buck stops with the coach .IMO Barrett does not have what it takes to take our team to another premiership

Wow

All week I knew we were going to be in for a tough night and expected the scores to be close but I thought with everything on the line we would have at least played better.

The one player we missed tonight was killer and his leadership... I am more than positive if he was on the field tonight we could have scrapped a victory somehow.

Did not watch the game as I had other plans last night and by the sound of it glad I missed it.

Someone has said this in another thread but over the next 3 weeks someone is going to put a score on us at least by 30... think Des and the dogs will put us to the slaughter... I have tickets to next weeks game not looking forward to it but will go out and support the boys.

Then the storm ......well that could anything...

Really the boys have only one more objective for the year that is send killer and probably snake ( he won't be playing though) out winners from their last appearances at Brookvale oval on August 27th.

To finish this post,we will have no teams playing finals footy this year in September and our 1st grade squad ,2 years now straight without September action.. Just not on for this proud club I love.

Now I look back on the last 10 year Goldern period 2004-2014 and am thankful for all wonderful finals games we were involved in... September is not the same with out us playing in the finals.

I think over that period I took for granted playing in those big finals matches.

This is our ladder positions right now

1st grade 11th , NSW Cup second last and our U/20's last one of the worst seasons I can remember for our club in a very long time.

At least last year the U /20's squad gave us something to cheer over September and on Grand Final Day.

No way Penn , Kelly, Zorba and Bozo can spin this ... we have failed miserably this year on many fronts but most of all our motto " This is a results driven business".

Last edited:
You must be taking the "piss" if you are comparing Bellamy with Barrett LOL
This is a results driven business and tonight's result against a parra team that was there to be beaten was an absolute disgraceful effort by the Barrett coached Sea eagles
The buck stops with the coach .IMO Barrett does not have what it takes to take our team to another premiership

You know I have said this in the year but while TB Joe Kelly Zorba and the Penn Family are associated with this club I don't see us going deep into September and challenging for titles any time soon.

What was the reason for that last penalty anyway?

I think parramatta knocked on which meant with no time left....Manly would win.

The touch judge who had been paid off by someone then sprung into action saying taupau shoulder charged someone off the ball. Penalty to the golden boys of the nrl, parra.

If Parcell played we would have won for mine. If Parcell and Lyon both played we would have won comfortably.

As people have said the Eels' whole game plan was to rush up and choke DCE before he could put on any plays. They should have been penalised for offside just about every set.

If Parcell played we would have had the speed and service out of dummy half to compensate for their rushing, and could have actually put some plays together. Speed out of the ruck was what was missing all night. That and holding on to the @#$# ball.

We had the opportunity to win this game No excuses . I am a proud follower of this club and I have seen us win games under great adversity and your making excuses for our loss because of 3 dropped balls . Our teams of the past had the character to over come these excuses of yours feathered friend .
I just think it is way to simplistic to blame the coach and not the players. Yes we had chances to win the game but at what point are the players accountable? Tom t had the kind of game Brett would get slated about...just like Jamie b did (imagine if that was myles....)
The team lost by a point and several of the players played poorly. Maybe there were coaching errors but I fail to see how it all comes down to one individual

Amazing the amount of people on here that got excited by wins against Dragons,Warriors,Souths and Knights.It also proves how stupid a 8 team finals series is when Manly are/were still in contention.Barrett may turn out to be a good coach but it won't be at Manly whilst he still answers to Bozo&Zorba

I just think it is way to simplistic to blame the coach and not the players. Yes we had chances to win the game but at what point are the players accountable? Tom t had the kind of game Brett would get slated about...just like Jamie b did (imagine if that was myles....)
The team lost by a point and several of the players played poorly. Maybe there were coaching errors but I fail to see how it all comes down to one individual
Thats quite correct especially when we are dropping balls coldly with no pressure put on us,I also fail to see how a coach is responsible for that.Some people on this forum see this as an excuse,This is not an excuse as it's quite the opposite.Holding the ball is the basics of football and we needed to know this before we play first grade and before we are even coached.Not holding on to the ball has NOTHING to do with the coach.I was no more than 50 meters from our players and I know what I saw.We keep basically handing over possession to teams by dropping the ball Coldly.Way to much excitement around the play the ball leads to frustration and we become clumsy with the ball.This is what is happening.If our players can't catch or hold on to the ball then we need players that can.Too much hype and praise on our players for nothing.Since 1972 I have missed only 27 games and I don't mean watching them on tv,I am seeing this day in and day out.Its not that complicated.I totally agree with what you said.

Luckily I missed last night, out with some old friends from Melbourne who were passing through town.

I was sneaking a look at the scores though and knew we'd lost.

Recorded the game but won't bother, and my best mate , a Parra supporter is being ignored on the phone or told to **** off by text.

I really thought after 4 losses against these pricks that we'd be up for a good win.

Apparently the curse continues, home or away we are the Eels " bunnies".

Just a question. We had four wins in a row without Snake. Last night we lost and were shocking and lost without Snake. Was this loss still Snake's fault?:p

I know it hurts and I was very angry at everyone at the end of that game, but the boys put the effort in and with a team that's still gelling unfortunately, thats all you can ask. There were mistakes yes but the defence from both sides was outstanding. Bag the boys all you want but they were robbed with that last penalty. What a dud decision! Anyone who thinks the players were very poor can explain to me what else Taupau was supposed to do.

I also want to add that while I'm no fan, Lewis brown had a real crack tonight. You can see that he wants to do well but i think he needs to be given the right role. What it is I'm not sure but he's contracted a for the next couple of years so for the teams sake I hope he finds it.

Brown covered jennings very well last night. Just missing a geniune 5/8 and need to give better ball to walker and Tommy.

Defence was great, attack will get better with players actually playing in their preferred positions

Luckily I missed last night, out with some old friends from Melbourne who were passing through town.

I was sneaking a look at the scores though and knew we'd lost.

Recorded the game but won't bother, and my best mate , a Parra supporter is being ignored on the phone or told to **** off by text.

I really thought after 4 losses against these pricks that we'd be up for a good win.

Apparently the curse continues, home or away we are the Eels " bunnies".

Watch the game old mate. Lots of good stuff to see.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10
10 5 5 -13 10