Manly v Dragons [Round 15, 2018] - Pre-Game Discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I am as happy for Tom W. to get a game as anyone ...... but sweet honeyed toad testicles on a stick .... at hooker????

Hopefully it is just for the unexpected if he is chosen as #14 ,,,,

Same opponent similar position
Comparisons now: 1v13th..forwards cancel each other out...there spine is better.
What does this mean very little as 2016 proved.
Dragons forwards better than ours, halves also playing better than ours, their centres better also, their wingers have more strike power than ours, all in all it doesn't look good, especially since we haven't won down there since 2003, the year Trent got bitchslapped by Brownie

I am as happy for Tom W. to get a game as anyone ...... but sweet honeyed toad testicles on a stick .... at hooker????

This!

Not at hooker. So much expectation on this guy. At least give him a chance in the BACKLINE! NRL debut in a position you have never played against a top 2 side. I’m not a great fan of Barrett but I’m sure Trent has more sense than this.

FYI
Soward on The Twit today:
If Manly don't pick @JackoHastings this weekend they are ripping off fans that turn up every week. The kid has made mistakes we all have. I wanna see him back on the field playing footy in first grade. Sick of seeing him vanished when his (sic) in your best 17.

After everything has been said this week you forget we have a game to play on Saturday.
Think we will last maybe 15-20 minutes be down 18-8 at half time full time 42-14.
Dragons by whatever they want.
To think we have the rest of this season to look forward to then another boring off season before we start again in 2019.

This!

Not at hooker. So much expectation on this guy. At least give him a chance in the BACKLINE! NRL debut in a position you have never played against a top 2 side. I’m not a great fan of Barrett but I’m sure Trent has more sense than this.

When the alternatives are a 5/8 with both feet out the door, a reserve grade winger and a reserve grade bench warmer does it really matter. There have been plenty of people on here calling for him to get a shot in the halves and he could potential switch roles with DCE if it did not work out.

If we are going with Tom Wright surely one of our halves have to move up front, it would be career suicide to play him in the middle after just 5 minutes of first grade. This game should tell us as much about the coach as it does about the team.

We have nobody to blame but Barrett for this. I agree that Toddy is being a bit of a #$%@ as usual... but why did Barrett pick Matthew Wright on the bench and play him at hooker in the first place? Gave Green**** the excuse that he has used. Not playing Hastings is another dumb move by Barrett.

Ah well season is over... who cares.

As we stumble and bumble for a fit 17 Illawarra has all its players available. Not one injury all season. Unheard of.
So, let's hope that our No. 1 recruitment target for next season is the Illawarra trainer, and No. 2 is the Illawarra pharmacist.

FYI
If Manly don't pick @JackoHastings this weekend they are ripping off fans that turn up every week. The kid has made mistakes we all have. I wanna see him back on the field playing footy in first grade. Sick of seeing him vanished when his (sic) in your best 17.
Jacko has vanished.:tmi:

Wish these experts watched the BWSE games.
Jacko is ordinary at best :nerd:
If he was performing another Club would have already transferred him.

Coach picks the Team and wears the results :wait:

FYI
No chance Hastings will play this weekend. He was not named in the 21 man squad.

My guess is that Wright and Brown will share the hooking role although I would not be surprised if Brown does not play after he apparently had some strong words to say to Barrett a few weeks back about his non selection.

I just put my tips in espn footy tips.

Manly were sitting at 3%. Never seen Manly at longer odds.

They are specials to pull off the upset!!

Having Api out for 10 years is a cruel blow. In the top 3 most important players manly have, plays such a vital position with only Lewis brown to fill in. We are in a world of hurt. More so in the following 9 weeks after this match with no hooker and the wooden spoon on the line!

We somehow need to win a few more games yet, otherwise we could very well get the spoon!

Having Api out for 10 years is a cruel blow. In the top 3 most important players manly have, plays such a vital position with only Lewis brown to fill in. We are in a world of hurt. More so in the following 9 weeks after this match with no hooker and the wooden spoon on the line!

We somehow need to win a few more games yet, otherwise we could very well get the spoon!
10 years longer than the rest of DCE 's contract

Dragons forwards better than ours, halves also playing better than ours, their centres better also, their wingers have more strike power than ours, all in all it doesn't look good, especially since we haven't won down there since 2003, the year Trent got bitchslapped by Brownie
I haven't written us off completely .....we will see if our forwards can match there's
If that happens we're a chance

Tom Wright has been training at hooker this week let hope he gets the nod.

Is this a gee up? That cannot possibly be true.

Tom Wright is probably the fastest player in the Manly club and TB wants him at hooker doing 50 tackles - TB cannot be that stupid.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8