Manly v Dogs Round 22, 2018 Pre Game thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hopeless vs helpless. The battle of the also rans. I'd expect more sack Barrett threads and DCE overpriced threads if we lose. They seriously should be throwing the gates open and dragging people off Pittwater rd to get a crowd for this. No way anyone should be charged for entry.

Hopeless vs helpless. The battle of the also rans. I'd expect more sack Barrett threads and DCE overpriced threads if we lose. They seriously should be throwing the gates open and dragging people off Pittwater rd to get a crowd for this. No way anyone should be charged for entry.

Money for entry goes to help breast cancer research.

You're not saying there's no need for a cure to breast cancer are you?

Communist!

Money for entry goes to help breast cancer research.

You're not saying there's no need for a cure to breast cancer are you?

Communist!
I didn't know commies were against curing breast cancer LOL.
Ok change that to $5 entry all going to breast cancer. Throw a bit to prostate cancer as well.

Funny how we are favourites based on ONE win.

Shocking record at home.

Bulldogs have had two wins against much more fancied opponents.

And WE are the favourites!!

That’ll do me.

The funny thing is that other than the abysmal effort against the Chooks, we haven't actually been in that bad form lately.

We just lost to the Storm, we should have beaten Penrith and we did hang with Cronulla before getting the win.

To be fair.....we could easily have won 3 of our last 4 games.

Trent to 6 you are kidding and bring Brown into the side !!
You must have a short memory or just no clues
Have you seen how bad our right side defence has been champ? You must be blind to think Suli is a good option. Oh by the way, if Trent actually got decent game time against the panthers, Walker could have been pushed out wide to shut down at least one of those tries and Trent would have got the penalty kick that came off the posts from DCE. Trent is not a great 6 but Walker playing centre gives us a chance to stop some tries out there. Beat it champ

Anyone who says that Lewis Brown should be in this team needs to submit themselves for drug testing ASAP because they are definitely on something.

I'd even take Tangles Parker in the side before considering Lewis Brown and I don't think Parker should be anywhere near first grade right now. And to even suggest that Brown is of more value than Hodkinson....just wow.

Have you seen how bad our right side defence has been champ? You must be blind to think Suli is a good option. Oh by the way, if Trent actually got decent game time against the panthers, Walker could have been pushed out wide to shut down at least one of those tries and Trent would have got the penalty kick that came off the posts from DCE. Trent is not a great 6 but Walker playing centre gives us a chance to stop some tries out there. Beat it champ
No doubt, We would have won more than we've lost if that right side didn't leak so many points.

Trent at 6 is stronger than Suli at 4

This game is really important !! If we beat the dogs I think we will avoid the spoon given the hard draw the eels have ! We just have to turn up with intensity and score some points early !!!

End of the day, I'd say 90% of the team wouldn't give a **** if they earned themselves the club's first ever wooden spoon.

Culture, legacy and history are lost on this playing group.

They'd be tweeting and Instagraming within hours celebrating and drinking away a season past, looking forward to their long holidays.

Gold Coast Titans culture.

Absolute must win game, if for only one thing , to give the die hards who turn up every home game something to cheer about.

I think they’ll do it, and have even picked them in the tipping Comp.

But will be tight AND tough!!

Dogs do not have a better game day playing roster then Manly and Manly on paper probably have more individual player advantages . Providing Manly get a reasonable go from the refs and the bunker and they are switched on and determined with a reasonable share of possession , of course they are more then capable of winning . Dean Pay was a tough and hard edged i st grade forward and no doubt some of his competitiveness would rub off on his players , just need the leadership again from some of Manly 's key players to help match the Dog's expected enthusiasm and to try to gain that important edge . Still should have more then enough motivation , just also have to tighten their defence up a bit and put in the full effort for the full eighty .

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4