Manly v Dogs Round 22, 2018 Pre Game thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Don't forget it is Women in League round this weekend!

Lottoland have agreed to the once off renaming of Brookie to "McGrath Foundation" stadium.

The club will donate one dollar from every ticket to the game sold and great sponsors Shaw and Partners will be matching that.

Additionally one can donate money to the McGrath Foundation at the ground.

Enjoy!

https://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2018/08/06/welcome-to-mcgrath-foundation-stadium/

https://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2018/08/06/cherry-evans-still-so-much-to-play-for/

If this game was away vs a top 8 side I'd be more confident. How the fortress has now become a brothel with us coping it from all angles. Dogs by 6.
When did we last win a game after starting as favourites? Honestly can't recall, but hope we can buck the trend this week. Really important to build on last week's effort.

We should be up for it and on the back of yesterday, we should have the confidence to win. I still think the bench is not being utilised as best as it could be. To not play Trent H at all is a waste. I thought our young 9 did a good job yesterday but he's not yet built for 80 mins of the tough stuff. I think we need to bring Brown into the side as the utility. I am stlll not convinced re Suli. Everytime they ran over that way we looked shot. We got a couple of obstruction calls go our way but that right side defence is woeful. I would prefer a straight swap of Suli and Matt Wright. OR... Trent to 6, Walks to 3 and Bring Brown in as utility..
Trent to 6 you are kidding and bring Brown into the side !!
You must have a short memory or just no clues

The problems on the right side start well in from Parker .... if you watch the replays you will see both DCE and Walker not moving up and leaving the outside guys with no choice but to scramble or rush up ..... need to put the blame where it belongs .... not simply on the last bloke in the line who has 2/3 blokes running at him 10m from the line ...
I review the replays meticulously and don't see what your imagining you see.
Dce n Walkz are not the problem it's the rookies not reading when to move (Parker back to far) Lanes body position not square gets caught on the inside. Suli doesn't move very well

I review the replays meticulously and don't see what your imagining you see.
Dce n Walkz are not the problem it's the rookies not reading when to move (Parker back to far) Lanes body position not square gets caught on the inside. Suli doesn't move very well
Agree with you on Lane. He has a very good tackling technique but as an edge forward decision-making is just as important as making a good tackle. He does get caught out of position and his marker defence isn't the best, hence why he's done a lot better at front row instead.

I see this going one of two ways. Manly will absolutely demolish the dogs or Manly will lose by 1-2 tries in a terrible performance, similarly to last year.

i see it being played 2 ways in quality of footy, either one of the best games of the year or one of the worst. think it will be close either way.

either one of the best games of the year or one of the worst.
Ah yes and after the game, here on Silvertails it will either be the age of wisdom or the age of foolishness.
Amazing, Charles Dickens predicted all this well before the season began!

This is from the Kennel
I hope we kick their ass
29063495_1726423144112106_3317421954767519744_n.jpg

Can’t see the Bulldogs being up for 3 games straight.

Mind you not so sure about us being up for 2 games straight,

**** me dead this is a tough one!!

If we get out of the blocks well, I see us beating these miserable pricks by 16 to 20 points.

Surely the players feel they owe the home crowd faithful one big win before the season ends.....

Can see Kelly having a field day out wide in this one.

This is from the Kennel
I hope we kick their ass
View attachment 9174

Jokes on them, their Kid is smart enough to be Manly fan!

Sheesh, even their "jokes" backfire!

A pity Klemmer is back. Would have been nice to see him sit out this one. Maybe Jake can continue to tell him Manly is lovely; for an off season sign...!

If we get out of the blocks well, I see us beating these miserable pricks by 16 to 20 points.

Surely the players feel they owe the home crowd faithful one big win before the season ends.....

Can see Kelly having a field day out wide in this one.

I’m with you on Kelly. Get him some early ball against Holland, who can be defensively off at times.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8