Manly v Dogs Round 22, 2018 Pre Game thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
giphy.gif

All roads lead to Brookvale!

Last edited:
Not convinced about our current game plan - let opposition score at will and then try to outscore them. It's worked once in last 3 weeks.

yeah ... but that is a handy % against 3 top 6 teams ..... just wait til we use it against the also rans .....

Don't be silly, it is always the last guy even with 5 running at him who is to blames, the other 12 players never have anything to do with it......
Yeah ,same logic as the guy who scores a couple of tries must have been best player on field .

Totally agree ... but then again I have the benefit of more than a passing acquaintance with the subject matter ....

but I will call upon you if I need advise in how to best get dribble stains off my tie ....
I'm sure you can manage to sort any dribble, as you'd be quite used to dealing with that.

I'm sure you can manage to sort any dribble, as you'd be quite used to dealing with that.

yes I am ... as I believe the world is a richer place , the broader the canvas .... and as you have every right to post ... I am certain my ability to deal with it will continue to grow ....

Before yesterday I had targeted this game as a “ must win”, and I believe it still is but it will be far from easy.

The Bulldogs have won two on a row and against more fancied opposition.

On paper their team isn’t half the team we played yesterday BUT can our players get up two weeks in a row?

It’s at “ Fortfail Brookvale” so that’s not an advantage but a win on Saturday will surely mean we can’t win the spoon as Cowboys can’t take a trick and the Eels have a really tough last month draw.

We’d have to win really big to jump the Bulldogs and I can’t see that happening but I think yesterday’s result will have a positive impact on their confidence so I reckon we can get them.

I’d make one change , Matt Wright is a bit pedestrian BUT is a far better defender than Parker, sorry Brad back to BWSE for you.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on this game.
What wacky tobaccy are you smoking??? "We'd have to have a really big win".

We're on the same competition points. any win puts us ahead of them @:D

MFB, I agree this is a critical game for avoiding the Spoon. The winner really get's a leg up.

The squeels have a tough run home, so a 4 point buffer (assuming they lose) will be handy.

I'd love to day the win vs gummies will lift confidence, but.... we have said that all year.

The Dogs have been better in recent weeks. We have a better team on paper, so we should win this. It's whether we want to .

I am hoping that we get an ok crowd. Beating the dogs is always that little more satisfying because of Des, and the win against gummies will motivate some fans. It is also suppose to be 23 degrees on Sat.

Isn't it amazing how well the Dogs have been going without FOURan, Woods, MBye, and last week Klemmer. Just shows you that 'name' players don't make a winning culture. The no-name Dogs have been defending well and taking their chances. I hope we can compete with them defensively because we have more points in us.
I'm not sure having Hodkinson on the bench is sensible. Either replace him with Sipley and play a power forward bench strategy or put Tom Wright there if we are chasing late points.
Matt Wright V Parker? I actually think Parker is a good defender and a real trier but when his inside man is Suli it causes defensive problems because Suli isn't agile enough to handle speedy opposition centres. Matt Wright is a very reliable winger so, for me, it is a toss-up.

MFB, I agree this is a critical game for avoiding the Spoon. The winner really get's a leg up.

The squeels have a tough run home, so a 4 point buffer (assuming they lose) will be handy.

I'd love to day the win vs gummies will lift confidence, but.... we have said that all year.

The Dogs have been better in recent weeks. We have a better team on paper, so we should win this. It's whether we want to .

I am hoping that we get an ok crowd. Beating the dogs is always that little more satisfying because of Des, and the win against gummies will motivate some fans. It is also suppose to be 23 degrees on Sat.

Just like the Tigers last week who’d had two huge games but couldn’t keep the standard up.

I think it’s hard for teams that aren’t loaded up with Superstars like the Rorters to maintain good form.

I’d also like to think our players have an added incentive to give the home crowd something to cheer for , because if their minds are right they’ll win.

Isn't it amazing how well the Dogs have been going without FOURan, Woods, MBye, and last week Klemmer. Just shows you that 'name' players don't make a winning culture. The no-name Dogs have been defending well and taking their chances. I hope we can compete with them defensively because we have more points in us.
I'm not sure having Hodkinson on the bench is sensible. Either replace him with Sipley and play a power forward bench strategy or put Tom Wright there if we are chasing late points.
Matt Wright V Parker? I actually think Parker is a good defender and a real trier but when his inside man is Suli it causes defensive problems because Suli isn't agile enough to handle speedy opposition centres. Matt Wright is a very reliable winger so, for me, it is a toss-up.
If Api is back id drop Trent and think about keeping young Fainu in the 17

Just like the Tigers last week who’d had two huge games but couldn’t keep the standard up.

I think it’s hard for teams that aren’t loaded up with Superstars like the Rorters to maintain good form.

I’d also like to think our players have an added incentive to give the home crowd something to cheer for , because if their minds are right they’ll win.

Yeah that is true, dogs may fizz out. (although, they have fizzled less without Fizz in the team :) ).

Same could be said for us though. That gummies game may have gassed us.

Being honest, If DCE has a good game, I think we win.

Yeah that is true, dogs may fizz out. (although, they have fizzled less without Fizz in the team :) ).

Same could be said for us though. That gummies game may have gassed us.

Being honest, If DCE has a good game, I think we win.
I just managed to watch the game, and we were far from gassed at the end of it. If anything the boys looked like they were up for more time and charging in hard in that last 15 minutes.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8