Game Day: Manly v Bulldogs [Round 23, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I can't stand Reynolds but aren't you allowed to do a one on one strip when trying to stop a try?

Except that it's then the grub who knocks it on, not Jake - same as the Kasiano strip that did get picked up. And that's if you overlook the fact he had hold of Jake's arm BEFORE the ball got to him - last time I checked, that was still against the rules?

I only turned the game on in the last ten minutes,i was surprised by the eagles commitment,we were gifted that penalty just before fulltime,almost had a dejavu feeling about it,Killers hamstring must have been acting up for him to miss a kick like that,shame about the bounce for TT,i reckon he was very unlucky and agree he was thinking falling on the ball would have been the soft way out and he needed to get the ball to the middle of the field.
great finish to the ****tiest season,we all knew it was a young side
next year,bigger,stronger,faster.

Is it just me, or do the Dogs get away with murder with these refs? When Manly back chat, it's an instant 10 metre roll forward penalty.

The way Graham acted tonight, I feel it brings the game into disrepute, and he should be cited for his conduct.
the refs should have felt threatened by grub and graham,thems the rules

It's completely different!
How is bagging on the Manly players - the same as calling "supporters" out for being a negative whingers?

This is a Manly Warringah supporters forum.
People are on here bagging on the players. Defeats the purpose of being on on the forum really.

If Silvertails was a supporters supporters forum then yes - I can see your point. But it's not.

We're all not here so you can air your frustrations about a loss - where here to support the Team - win lose or draw.

Perhaps you should set up a "I apparently support Manly but I'll bag on them any chance I get - especially after a loss" forum. According to Silvertails - you'd get quite a few members.

And to quote you first post - "passion" isn't bagging on your team. Passion is supporting them after they lose in golden point and their season is over.
Enough. That's enough kiddo - either a kid or ZtH.
As a newbie, you need to understand that most of these supporters have been here for a very long time. They've debated the minutiae of pretty much everything that has gone on at our great club since @Dan first set up the site. We've rejoiced at our greatness and despaired at our directions at times. Every person on here has a right to an opinion about our club, good or bad, because we have had the team as a big part of our lives.
You will not dictate what it is to be a Silvertail. Now, back in your box.

Ah ok - I get it now... So the longer I've been on a forum - the more entitled I am to bag on the team. Gotcha. Makes sense.
Pull your head in.

If your prerogative is to put the Manly players down after a loss - maybe you should hit the other clubs forums?...

And Im not dictating anything you clown. I'm as you say expressing my "right to an opinion"

So save me the speech about how long you've been on a forum... Wow. Good for you. I'm happy for you that you've been putting the boys down via you computer for a long long long time - doesn't mean you support the team more or give you more rights than anyone.

What a deluded world you live in. If your "supporters" of the club - God help the team.

10 years and 10,000 posts to get off your L's and onto the P's.

don't listen to anyone who doesn't meet this requirement

Heartbreaking to lose that but they had luck and we didn't. Comparing that game to when we played them in Rd 1 the team is a lot better.

The boys gave it their all and you can't ask for more than that.
That's things losers say. I am calling Bullshxt. We are Manly. We find ways to win. Too many excuses these last few years.

I can't fault how this team turns up, they busted their arses again last night, every single one of them. I'm disappointed that now ends any slight hope we had, but again we have Brown having to slot into the centres in the second half and to be honest I thought they'd run away with it, but they fought. They fought hard and that is what I want to see.

A few signings may be needed in the off season and Tom and Cherry can get themselves right for 2017. I think there is reason for some optimism into next season and I'll be right behind them.

Point taken sir. I shall return to my box and bide my time until I am qualified to put the boys down after a gut wrenching loss. That'll build the winning culture we need. Carry on.
Take a deep breath. Manly lost a heartbreaking golden point game, people are allowed to vent. If all you want to be is a cheerleader of Manly give Scott Penn a call I'm sure he has a position for you at HQ. Your positivity will create a winning culture at the club in no time :)

We are presently on 8 wins and 13 losses for 2016 with 3 games left. In 2015 we finished with 11 wins and 13 losses. I'm not real good with numbers but this suggests to me that we cannot improve on last year notwithstanding the massive recruitment that occurred prior to this season. Whilst I might be use to backing a winning team I cannot and will not congratulate significant underachievement. Whilst some individual players such as Darcy Lussick and the Trj Bros have had great seasons as a team we have had a very poor season. Notwithstanding the injuries and other distractions at least a top 8 finish should have been achieved with this roster. Disapointed!

Just want to say how pathetic we are at setting up for field goal. Aside from the poor passes from dummy half, why do our kickers stand to the right of the play the ball when they are all right footed kickers, and wonder why their kicks slew off to the right? DCE would be better off kicking left footed.
It's not just this year, we did the same thing when we lost the semi to the Bulldogs in 2014. It's almost like they don't practice this at training, and when you compare how often Melbourne win their close games with a field goal it maskes you want to tear your hair out. Also, why didn't we kick for goal about 10 minutes before full time when we had a penalty about 40 metres out and in front when the scores were 16 all

I've been a massive supporter of Koroisau this season and backed him up on this forum countless times but last night in the crucial golden point period he proved that his service is just not up to it.

There are no excuses for not passing the ball off the ground when attempting field goals and why you would double pump to give the opposition time to get up in the face of the kicker is beyond me.

I loved some of His work in D last night; he smashed hoppa in the first half and the line speed was fantastic even after 80 minutes.

I'm torn on this one.

Don't be torn. Everyone admires effort but while it might be ok in park football,at elite level it ain't enough.A player has to be able to execute the skills his position requires at a high level under pressure to command a spot in first grade.

The basic and most important skill that a hooker requires is good service to his playmakers,to the left and right,and particularly in the redzone . It is a non negotiable. Api Korisau does not even come close to having the skills to play the position. To not see that is to have your eyes painted on.

His skills do suit an adequate utility if required and that is where he should be playing.

Point taken sir. I shall return to my box and bide my time until I am qualified to put the boys down after a gut wrenching loss. That'll build the winning culture we need. Carry on.
Mate, it's like you're in year 7 and have to sit up the front of the bus whilst the older, cooler kids sit up the back. Just relax and enjoy. Not everyone will agree with you. We all love the team and maybe some of us have different ways of expressing our disappointment when they lose. I am pissed off. Especially after a shXt sandwich last two seasons and lots of crap from the club and owners....

Don't be torn. Everyone admires effort but while it might be ok in park football,at elite level it ain't enough.A player has to be able to execute the skills his position requires at a high level under pressure to command a spot in first grade.

The basic and most important skill that a hooker requires is good service to his playmakers,to the left and right,and particularly in the redzone . It is a non negotiable. Api Korisau does not even come close to having the skills to play the position. To not see that is to have your eyes painted on.

His skills do suit an adequate utility if required and that is where he should be playing.

Agree, Parcell would have got the ball to Cherry in half the time, it's really why we were so **** in the Golden Point period last night.

@Batty

Don't worry about it mate , not everyone agrees with me either and I've got almost 15,000 posts!!

Say what you feel, that's what it is " a forum".

I didn't bother posting after the loss, knew it would be a **** fight on here.

Great effort team, compared to round 1, and considering the troops out, sterling effort.

Get the injured fixed, get us a 5/8, and we will do better in 2017.

That's all!
What is we will do Better 2017 mean ? What are your expectations of Better feathered friend ?
It it an 8th spot finish ? A top 4 finish ?

What is we will do Better 2017 mean ? What are your expectations of Better feathered friend ?
It it an 8th spot finish ? A top 4 finish ?

Much will depend on off season recruitment.

I've pushed the 5 year plan all year, and this was year 1.

In year two I'd expect a bottom of the top 8 finish, so in 2017 I'd expect say 6th-8th.

Top 4 would not come until maybe 2019/20.

5 stars for Defence
5 stars for Forwards
0 for backs movement and fluency

boy do we miss the likes of snake, foran and skivvy. in our backline

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10