Game Day: Manly v Bulldogs [Round 23, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Simonmyers11

First Grader
I know there are people bagging the team, but we have definitely improved from the start of the year. We will be better next year. Over the past 8 weeks, our losses have been against the panthers by 4 when we should of won, the cows up there by 4 points, another game we could of won, the Eels by 1 point due a harsh penalty at the death, and dogs in extra time. Heaps of improvement needed but at least the forwards are making an impact and we have some great players to build on.

BirdMan4ever

Reserve Grader
just another game we should have won, so many of these during the past 3 years. we just dont have attacking fluency, we need some speed, we must be the slowest team on the comp.
on a positive, we will improve an eventually win those close games.

Brooke

Bencher
Of all the scummy, filthy pieces of $&@! you don't ever want to see anything positive happen to/for

The mongrel bastard got away with stripping the ball off Jake, and then that. Should still be serving his suspension for tripping if the same rules applied to him as everyone else @:mad:
I can't stand Reynolds but aren't you allowed to do a one on one strip when trying to stop a try?

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Oh shut up. I could have dived on that ball. Was a bad play that any rooky fullback should have got. He'll learn.
Calm down old boy.....shocking bounce many could have butchered....attacked the ball & lost....

double hoops

First Grader
I know there are people bagging the team, but we have definitely improved from the start of the year. We will be better next year. Over the past 8 weeks, our losses have been against the panthers by 4 when we should of won, the cows up there by 4 points, another game we could of won, the Eels by 1 point due a harsh penalty at the death, and dogs in extra time. Heaps of improvement needed but at least the forwards are making an impact and we have some great players to build on.
@Simonmyers11 With Taupau at second row tonight. Is a back row signing a must? His mobility will get shown up against some packs. But he was good. Real good.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
We got what we deserved. Poor execution in so many simple areas of the game. Shame we probably should have won that by 10.

Its funny, we are so bad at times (or so we all thought) and just got beaten by a team in the top 4.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
missed the game, randomly flicked over during a meeting. work in the way again

eaglebuzz

Bencher
@Simonmyers11 With Taupau at second row tonight. Is a back row signing a must? His mobility will get shown up against some packs. But he was good. Real good.

Our pack seems pretty competitive as is to me. Especially with Lawrence to come back. Hopefully he can go a year without a season ending injury.

All we need for next year is a high quality centre, a decent winger, and some more forward depth.

CBreeagles

Reserve Grader
Don't look for common sense on here to agree with you. All you're gonna hear is sack Barrett this and that.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
I think we were playing against ourselves tonight, (a good thing). The Dogs never really turned up nor threaten to dominate us at any stage. It was just like they were there going through their motions. We were the team that seemed to be setting the pace, creating and dictating for much of it.

I think it's a very important part of our development to build and strengthen our mental game. It's just mental toughness to completely block out adversity (such as rubbish calls, unlucky bounces, injuries, etc...) and just stay emotionally detached and focused on what we have to do in that very next moment.

I'll be very interested to see how Baz responds to this challenge and whether he can get us there. I see the potential in him, I just hope it manifests, and sooner rather than later. Looking forward to next year to see how it all unfolds.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13