Game Day: Manly v Bulldogs [Round 23, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Apologies Fluffy, there's so much negative crap written about the team it was hard to tell.
Just not our night.
Just passion, Batty. There was a lot riding on tonight and I'm sure a lot of fans, like myself, are hurting to see the team's season officially over again.

What a crock.

I remember when Reynolds kicked it into the ref and they got the ball back. We lost.

Now Josh Morris' head gets a try assist. We lose.

These stupid random happenings drive me nuts. I wish they occurred only in matches not involving the Dogs or the Eels. I hate those teams the most.

If only my will power could get a ball through the sticks for a field goal.

Poor Tom was just by self in the dressing room, head down, absolutely shattered. He'll be right. You can see how much the turbo brothers hate losing and feel gutted after a loss.

Man the boys have been having a real dig over the last two months. To lose four games, two against top four sides and one top eight by four points or less is an outstanding effort. Particularly when you take in the injuries and disruptions to the team. Things are looking very good for next year and I'm even getting excited to see which outside backs we pick up in the off season. I've got a feeling they might be a bit left field. On another note, Tony Williams was very strong tonight, you can tell he's up for a new contract.

Since goal kicking was one of the key points in the match tonight, I have a question about it. What is the difference between goal-kicking in League and Rah Rah? Union kickers seem to pot it far more accurately and consistently than League players (and often from much greater distances). It's not unusual to see 40-50m out, even 50+ meter conversions/penalties in Union. Is it just more time and effort put into training technique because it is more valuable in a Union game, so teams/kickers invest in it more seriously then League? Is it the actual balls (I vaguely remember something suggested about this a while ago)? Is it something else? It's just one of those things that has always intrigued, along with the short kick off tactic.

Since goal kicking was one of the key points in the match tonight, I have a question about it. What is the difference between goal-kicking in League and Rah Rah? Union kickers seem to pot it far more accurately and consistently than League players (and often from much greater distances). It's not unusual to see 40-50m out, even 50+ meter conversions/penalties in Union. Is it just more time and effort put into training technique because it is more valuable in a Union game, so teams/kickers invest in it more seriously then League? Is it the actual balls (I vaguely remember something suggested about this a while ago)? Is it something else? It's just one of those things that has always intrigued, along with the short kick off tactic.

Not much of a sports guy i take it.

Why is it league can kick a big kick 50m?
Why is it AFL can kick a big kick 60m?
Why is it union can kick a big kick 70m?
Why is it a soccer player can kick a big kick 100m?

Drum roll......

The shape of the ball

Same as me. But I don't feel the need to jump straight onto a forum and bag the players.

I'd prefer look at the positives after a loss - it's what I like to call - "supporting"
cause jumping on to Silvertails to having a whinge after a loss is just plain sad.

But hey - I'm just a Manly supporter. What do I know. Bring on 2017.
Well, that's fine, you deal with it in whatever way works for you.

At the end of the day, whether bagging a player's performance or criticising how a forum poster chooses to express their emotions is pretty much the same thing. It is dealing with disappointment and unmet expectations. :)

Not much of a sports guy i take it.

Why is it league can kick a big kick 50m?
Why is it AFL can kick a big kick 60m?
Why is it union can kick a big kick 70m?
Why is it a soccer player can kick a big kick 100m?

Drum roll......

The shape of the ball
Well, TBH I'm not much of a Union fan, watch a little and never played it myself. So, the ball is quite different to a league ball I take it?

Jake got penalised earlier in the game for back chat. His words:

"That was the worst call ever."

A penalty for that? Heaven help us if he had said, "My dad could beat up your dad." Or, "Yeah, well you smell bad, wee-face."

Guess what, Klein: my dad is ready when your dad is, you stinky poo.

Well, TBH I'm not much of a Union fan, watch a little and never played it myself. So, the ball is quite different to a league ball I take it?

as a prop i could prop a field goal with a union ball from 60m when at school just playing around (i.e. not during a game) and i never played reps or anything so you are talking about your bog standard kid here.

as a prop i could prop a field goal with a union ball from 60m when at school just playing around (i.e. not during a game) and i never played reps or anything so you are talking about your bog standard kid here.

60 metres Fluffy? Did you type that number correctly?

Best game Wright has had in a Eagles jersey tonight. First 5 minutes his desperation to get up off the ground, make a second effort to cover a gap in the defensive line.

If only everyone in our team should that kind of effort and commitment. Top stuff Matty.
Yes, he played well but he had to atone for the stupid penalty he gave away in the first half that invariably led to the 'dogs second try. Dumb, just dumb...how he thought he could get away with it is ridiculous.
But yes, he played well and had a dig.

The ball is slightly bigger, allowing for more air inside.

I'm so glad that I have found someone else to share that "bog standard kid" feeling. I thought I was all alone.

60 metres Fluffy? Did you type that number correctly?
I'll back that: used to kick goals (and also a prop!) and fair dinkum a Rah Rah ball is just butter off the boot. They feel almost like you can't kick them wrong and seem to carry forever... Pretty much anywhere inside 50 was pretty straightforward but starting to stretch a bit on the other side of halfway..

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12