Game Day: Manly v Bulldogs [Round 23, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Jorge Taufua
3. Dylan Walker
4. Brayden Wiliame
5. Matthew Wright
6. Jamie Lyon
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Darcy Lussick
9. Apisai Koroisau
10. Addin Fonua-blake
11. Martin Taupau
12. Jamie Buhrer
13. Jake Trbojevic

Interchange:
14. Lewis Brown
15. Josh Starling
16. Nathan Green
17. Siosaia Vave

Be Manly - Don't be a Dawg!

Last edited:
Matt Parcell is worrying me. Round 15 does his calf. Than he injured his hamstring. Now his Ankle until next week.

I know many on here are not Leary fans,although I'm sure those bagging him this yr were cheering him last yr,but how does a player get dropped after only playing 5 minutes last week and 10 the week before?If Barret/Bozo are not fans of him,why pick him when they can pick someone else that they may use that'll benefit the side with longer spells on the field

I know many on here are not Leary fans,although I'm sure those bagging him this yr were cheering him last yr,but how does a player get dropped after only playing 5 minutes last week and 10 the week before?If Barret/Bozo are not fans of him,why pick him when they can pick someone else that they may use that'll benefit the side with longer spells on the field

One word........ Utility

Now Lyon back into the side Walker goes back to centres and pushes Brown back to 'utility' bench spot.

If Parcell was fit i would say Api would be pushed back to bench utility spot and Brown would miss out altogether.

Not everyone has been fit so we haven't seen that yet.

I note that Liam Knight hasn't been picked in Reserve grade. Did he get suspended last match, or is he injured?

One word........ Utility

Now Lyon back into the side Walker goes back to centres and pushes Brown back to 'utility' bench spot.

If Parcell was fit i would say Api would be pushed back to bench utility spot and Brown would miss out altogether.

Not everyone has been fit so we haven't seen that yet.
My point is that the team has been struggling in the 2nd half of games whilst 1 some times 2 fresh players are left twiddling their thumbs on the bench.Im a Leary fan but it doesn't matter who's on the pine,Barrett/Bozo needs to use the bench much better

My point is that the team has been struggling in the 2nd half of games whilst 1 some times 2 fresh players are left twiddling their thumbs on the bench.Im a Leary fan but it doesn't matter who's on the pine,Barrett/Bozo needs to use the bench much better

I agree with you but they seem to like the 'utility' value more than having AFB running off the back fence.
Its only for injury cover in a game and i can see why they do it but hasn't been 'utilised' as such

Brad Parker is in Reserve Grade.

I wouldn't mind seeing him in Wright's spot.

By the way, has anyone been watching Hopoate? How's he playing?

And how about Pratt? At least he can kick goals.

If forwards rip in as they have the past month...the addition of Lyon should steady the ship, plus add extra options when in good attacking field position.
Manly by 4

The injury update from MWSE suggests Parcell / Myles are still two weeks away.

That's almost 3 months for Parcell, and you'd almost think it might be better not to play him again in 2016 ( now that we can't make the finals).

As for Myles, his absence has meant a few younger guys get a chance so that's a bonus I reckon.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4