Post-Game Discussion Manly v Bulldogs [Round 1, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Bulldogs
31 4 Pines Park
04 Mar 2023 15:00
80:00 minute

Match Stats

I think the eels will be a much bigger test for us. The dogs were off the pace yesterday. Burton had a shocker and Flanagan had no impact at all for them. DCE had a great kicking game and our middle was strong. Whilst there was plenty to like yesterday (especially defensively) there is still much improvement to come from our team.
Lots to look forward to.

Nice solid start to the year, I’ll take the 2 and bank then but not really feel any clearer on where we are at, because the Dogs would have struggled to beat Blacktown with how bad they were

Attack wise, thought we looked very conservative for the most part, lot of opportunistic tries we grabbed, it wasn’t terrible and will improve, but probably won’t trouble the top defences, however haven’t seen it with Schuster involved yet

Defensively nice effort, especially on the downhill skier Kikau who the Dogs fans are going to have a long frustrating year watching

Standout highlight of the day for me was Bullemore being who I thought we were getting when we signed him, thought Tuilagi was good as well

Nice solid start to the year, I’ll take the 2 and bank then but not really feel any clearer on where we are at, because the Dogs would have struggled to beat Blacktown with how bad they were

Attack wise, thought we looked very conservative for the most part, lot of opportunistic tries we grabbed, it wasn’t terrible and will improve, but probably won’t trouble the top defences, however haven’t seen it with Schuster involved yet

Defensively nice effort, especially on the downhill skier Kikau who the Dogs fans are going to have a long frustrating year watching

Standout highlight of the day for me was Bullemore being who I thought we were getting when we signed him, thought Tuilagi was good as well
I think most games I’ve watched ( pretty much all to date which is unusual for me ) the teams haven’t been “ slick “, Melbourne / Parramatta, both sides pretty average , Brisbane / Panthers , Panthers ordinary ,Brisbane only marginally better.

For me a good first hit out with positive signs, but we will need to beat one of the top sides to be really back !!

If Dogs hadn't copped a sin bin and made just a fraction less unforced errors, game would have gone down to the wire. Still, compared to the back end of last season, a huge step forward in the right direction. Parker and Bully showing they have the fire for another contract, well done lads

I think our next two games against Parra and Rabbits should give us a better indication of where we are at
But we are definitely much better team than last year and getting better with each game

I think most games I’ve watched ( pretty much all to date which is unusual for me ) the teams haven’t been “ slick “, Melbourne / Parramatta, both sides pretty average , Brisbane / Panthers , Panthers ordinary ,Brisbane only marginally better.

For me a good first hit out with positive signs, but we will need to beat one of the top sides to be really back !!
I haven’t watched all the games, but from what I have seen, Eels v Storm and Sharks v Rabbits looked a level up in pace compared to our game and Warriors v Knights

Didn’t realise my disdain for Penn until I saw his smug little ****grin on Facebook last night holding the pre season trophy
Consider it realised.
67DA8A6E-62B7-4CEE-B3CD-6A24CA821E57.jpeg

Just saw the game.
Not going to get too excited,it was a good performance but will see how we go against better sides.
Good to see DCE and Johns playing both sides of the field and will help our attack.
I always thought our forwards were talented enough,but Des could not seem to light the fire under them.
Good aggression from them in defence and better to see Jake playing at prop and 2 forwards charging hard instead of him playing as first receiver and Walker coming on later.
Paseka was outstanding,hit hard in defence and chased hard from the inside,hit it up strongly and got a quick play the ball and the second stint was even better.
Aloiai did well I admit and even though Bully did a good job,I thought we lost a little intensity when Paseka and Aloiai went off.
Good defence allround and something to build on,hope the bye doesn't blunt a bit of that momentum.

Bit of an arm wrestle for a while and to be expected but Manly generally held their game together which had to be a good sign . Probably the type of game where Shuster could have opened the game up a bit more but plenty of time for that . One of the best games i have seen from D C E , Jake certainly led by example , Oloaka - atu really good . Don 't mind Alioia at 13 and at this stage , bustling in attack and defence [ or can be ] Prefer Jake and Keppie as starting props , then Paseka and Bully[ who were both good yesterday , from the bench for maximum impact . Parker's defence a standout , staved of some decent ball but koula still did well and as obviously noted in defence especially . Turbo is just such a quality player , surely some injury luck for him now and to be only more influential . Good morale boosting win , great crowd turnout , sure that there is more improvement in the offering as well . Next few games will naturally be a clearer indicator how their prospects may be looking for the season but certainly starting on the right note .

My opinion.. you have got no idea.. how do expect Schuster to be doing anything other than what the coaching team ask of him.. he will be playing mostly on the left and doing the odd right hand side play JUST like Johns was instructed to do.. do you really think the players can just pick and choose where they want to play ( stand )..hahaha. seriously.... and you call yourself technical coach..

I dont even think your a Manly supporter as many others on here have called out before..

And your line today where you say "Manly.... before your statement" tells me a lot.. on here we are Manly so you think you would start your sentence with ..We...blah blah.. just my opinion but reading the multitude of posts you have up here for the last few years you provide nothing but negativity
He's more technical clown than technical coach actually. A lot of his analysis doesn't really make any sense. Particularly when compared to the some of the plays he claims to be analysing? "The sweep plays were boring and lacked intricate detail to improve effective execution"
For example -
Sweep plays were boring? What does this actually mean? Initially, both DCE and Turbo were a bit rusty, but their execution improved dramatically through the course of the match.
Intricate is another word for very detailed, so we end up with very detailed details?
Improving effective execution sounds more like a HR buzz phrase than NRL analysis.
Even the term sweep plays can stay in the NFL, where it originated.
You are absolutely right @Jay Eagle TC has no idea.

He's more technical clown than technical coach actually. A lot of his analysis doesn't really make any sense. Particularly when compared to the some of the plays he claims to be analysing? "The sweep plays were boring and lacked intricate detail to improve effective execution"
For example -
Sweep plays were boring? What does this actually mean? Initially, both DCE and Turbo were a bit rusty, but their execution improved dramatically through the course of the match.
Intricate is another word for very detailed, so we end up with very detailed details?
Improving effective execution sounds more like a HR buzz phrase than NRL analysis.
Initially , I thought he was really smart , I certainly don’t profess to have that knowledge , and he’s certainly “ technical “ but the longer I read it the more I thought “ this guys just taking the piss”.

I don’t believe he’s a Manly fan , I think he just comes on here to annoy us.

@Dan reckons he’s a Stormer

That wouldn’t surprise me.

I take zero notice now , don’t even bother to read as he just uses fancy stuff that doesn’t really relate to what I see.

For example -
He’s one of those people who think they can bamboozle people with lots of big words but only reveal their own limitations with their misuse of grammar & oxymorons.

“Improve effective execution” for example.

Effective execution cannot be improved, something is either executed effectively or it isn’t.

Last edited:
Did I hear the Fox commentators correctly during the pre-game warm up say Olakau’atu dropped 10kgs in the off-season?

He does look leaner in the face but he’s still a beast.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6