Post-Game Discussion Manly v Bulldogs [Round 1, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Bulldogs
31 4 Pines Park
04 Mar 2023 15:00
80:00 minute

Match Stats

Post Match Interviews:

I haven’t watched all the games, but from what I have seen, Eels v Storm and Sharks v Rabbits looked a level up in pace compared to our game and Warriors v Knights
For most of the first half against the Raiders, the Cowboys looked phenomenal. Perfect with their completions, plenty of intent in every play, scored three lovely tries. It was the best football of the opening round by a long margin. But the Raiders did very well to hang in there, snatched a try from the Cows' first mistake just before halftime, and nearly got the win in the second half. Their resilience was really impressive as well. Worth taking a look at the highlights!

Gee, tough marker.
The attack was very poor, the defensive efforts and all round work by the forwards had a more unified tough approach about it though.

There were gaps to be exposed and some switching off moments up the middle especially but totally understandable and expected in such hot conditions.

The Dogs didn't offer much to genuinely rate our defensive efforts and structure but i did like the starch and unity behind our display, to win so easily and play in a manner that requires a lot of improvement is a good start.

That game was a punish to watch, the attacking structures on display from both clubs was a yawn.

Dead set @Technical Coach you could turn puppies into a hate rally. And be infuriated by kittens.

I'd suggest prosac but feels more like you need a laxative to help clear that pole out
I tell it how i see it.

I alway get this kind of reply Dan not fussed about it, i complimented the forward efforts, i mentioned the first game nerves and the heat sapping conditions i think my views are balanced and fair.

My gripe is about how poor the attack was in terms of structure and lines used, the positive is we won easily against a very poor team based off the forwards efforts and a poor attacking display, in many ways you can't complain about that.

Dan just because i call things out that i don't like in a display doesn't mean i don't have a smile on my face "sometimes" appreciating a win for what it is, but yesterdays game was a yawnfest.

I stated in the off season the biggest challenge for Seibold is creating an attack that will reward the defensive efforts by our forwards, until i see quality attacking structure that holds up under pressure this year will be a waste regardless if we make the top 8.

I don't call things in hindsight so i am used to the "i'm such a punish" replies it's all good.

Remember i called out our attack during our "better" years when i could see poor attacking structure and lines, that is why Manly struggled for points against the quality Dragons defensive efforts over a decade ago and also struggled against the Roosters back in 2013.

I called out DCE from the outset unlike others about his attacking deficiencies when everyone else was on the hype train stating DCE was better than Cronk, now half the posts are relating to my views over a decade ago.

I called out our soft forward pack in 2014 when Manly was second in the comp and look how that year panned out.The typical view here is "stats don't lie Manly are 2nd in the comp the forwards must not be that bad".
I remember commenting on Menzies being interviewed at the time overly complimenting the forwards in a game i think against the Roosters back in that year. I stated that Steve sounded like he was more trying to instil confidence in the pack to perform better than they really were capable of.(i was lambasted for that view also)

I've called out our poor go forward and it's over reliance on our lateral spreads through the backs and back row to generate forward momentum even during our good periods.

I called out the poor lines of our attacking structure and the B.Stewart sweep play will become ineffective if it continues in this way even when it still looked effective to most.

I stated Foran was a quality 5/8 from the outset when way too many here were questioning his ballplaying and thinking he should be a centre when he first came into grade.

I called out G.Stewart for not contributing enough in the go forwards elements of the game and lacking sharpness for a back rower, but at the same time complimented his ball playing skills and his quality one on one tough defence, a real leader of the pack. B.Stewart was never really a ballplayer but G.Stewart was of a very high quality yet people still think i am one sided negative.

Yesterdays game was not worth the price of admission.

I tell it how i see it.

I alway get this kind of reply Dan not fussed about it, i complimented the forward efforts, i mentioned the first game nerves and the heat sapping conditions i think my views are balanced and fair.

My gripe is about how poor the attack was in terms of structure and lines used, the positive is we won easily against a very poor team based off the forwards efforts and a poor attacking display, in many ways you can't complain about that.

Dan just because i call things out that i don't like in a display doesn't mean i don't have a smile on my face "sometimes" appreciating a win for what it is, but yesterdays game was a yawnfest.

I stated in the off season the biggest challenge for Seibold is creating an attack that will reward the defensive efforts by our forwards, until i see quality attacking structure that holds up under pressure this year will be a waste regardless if we make the top 8.

I don't call things in hindsight so i am used to the "i'm such a punish" replies it's all good.

Remember i called out our attack during our "better" years when i could see poor attacking structure and lines, that is why Manly struggled for points against the quality Dragons defensive efforts over a decade ago and also struggled against the Roosters back in 2013.

I called out DCE from the outset unlike others about his attacking deficiencies when everyone else was on the hype train stating DCE was better than Cronk, now half the posts are relating to my views over a decade ago.

I called out our soft forward pack in 2014 when Manly was second in the comp and look how that year panned out.The typical view here is "stats don't lie Manly are 2nd in the comp the forwards must not be that bad".
I remember commenting on Menzies being interviewed at the time overly complimenting the forwards in a game i think against the Roosters back in that year. I stated that Steve sounded like he was more trying to instil confidence in the pack to perform better than they really were capable of.(i was lambasted for that view also)

I've called out our poor go forward and it's over reliance on our lateral spreads through the backs and back row to generate forward momentum even during our good periods.

I called out the poor lines of our attacking structure and the B.Stewart sweep play will become ineffective if it continues in this way even when it still looked effective to most.

I stated Foran was a quality 5/8 from the outset when way too many here were questioning his ballplaying and thinking he should be a centre when he first came into grade.

I called out G.Stewart for not contributing enough in the go forwards elements of the game and lacking sharpness for a back rower, but at the same time complimented his ball playing skills and his quality one on one tough defence, a real leader of the pack. B.Stewart was never really a ballplayer but G.Stewart was of a very high quality yet people still think i am one sided negative.

Yesterdays game was not worth the price of admission.
Just curious mate, have you seen a game this week that was worth the price of admission?
Personally I haven't seen any team that has looked like they have been 100% on it, which is to be expected in round 1. Cowboys 1st half was probably the closest but they couldn't keep it up for 80.

My opinion.. you have got no idea.. how do expect Schuster to be doing anything other than what the coaching team ask of him.. he will be playing mostly on the left and doing the odd right hand side play JUST like Johns was instructed to do.. do you really think the players can just pick and choose where they want to play ( stand )..hahaha. seriously.... and you call yourself technical coach..

I dont even think your a Manly supporter as many others on here have called out before..

And your line today where you say "Manly.... before your statement" tells me a lot.. on here we are Manly so you think you would start your sentence with ..We...blah blah.. just my opinion but reading the multitude of posts you have up here for the last few years you provide nothing but negativity
Even Foran was mainly a left edge player and that was the coached structure of our attack, i'm saying Schuster will be overly "limited" to a left edge quality ballplayer as he wont be physically capable of playing with any sharpness all over the park or offer any quality hold the middle defensive line link plays like Foran was capable of due to his heavy stature.

DCE has mostly for his career been structured to play on the right behind second man depth plays in a 5/8 style, Schuster will own the left in a 5/8 style of play, that is how it mostly will be. The key will be having a more dynamic link player through the middle who can also penetrate the defensive line, if we just rely on Jake filling this role like the past the attack will not evolve.

I think Seibold will look to overall shorten a lot of our passing game, more forwards passing through the middle and pull in the positioning of our 5/8's so they have more options outside them.(our positioning in the past is too much orientated to an edge 5/8 than a more central positioning)

Just curious mate, have you seen a game this week that was worth the price of admission?
Personally I haven't seen any team that has looked like they have been 100% on it, which is to be expected in round 1. Cowboys 1st half was probably the closest but they couldn't keep it up for 80.
Haven't watched any other game but why should that matter. I don't expect a polished display in round 1 from any team but i like to see elements of improvement from a technical perspective that keeps me interested.

I've seen a few things in the trials and in this game in relation to our attacking structures but even so both teams yesterday were boring to watch.

Haven't watched any other game but why should that matter. I don't expect a polished display in round 1 from any team but i like to see elements of improvement from a technical perspective that keeps me interested.

I've seen a few things in the trials and in this game in relation to our attacking structures but even so both teams yesterday were boring to watch.
It doesn't matter.

Fair enough, we all enjoy footy in different ways for different reasons.

There were gaps there, including in the stands. You could still fit more in. I think the ‘sold out’ advice refers more to tickets booked, rather than just showing up and buying GA tickets.

That’s correct it’s tickets sold including season tickets holders. There we’re definitely gaps.

Good start to the season considering Manly don’t always win there first game
Lots of improvement to be had but that’s understandable
Not sure if it just play safe game and get the win but Manly did a lot of one out stuff not anything expansive
Work in progress for the coaching staff I expect , With DCE and turbo not playing in trials an then Schuster not playing could have had an impact
But all in all a good start

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8