Pre-Game Manly v Bulldogs [Round 1, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

31 6
4 Pines Park
04 Mar 2023 03:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Keppie actually going to play lock seems an odd choice
And for 80 min?

Could be wrong (I was once back in '63) but I think part of the reason the switch with Jake is .. that at prop, jake will be usually taking 1st or 2nd hit ups, and although he doesn't get big post contact meters, he can get a quick play the ball ... this then allows Keppie to take the 3rd or 4th hit up to hopefully capitalise on a disorganized defense ..

I think Seibs and flannel both know how critical getting a set off to a positive start is

Watch this space @jbay I think we will see both Bullemore and Weekes rotating through that position. Weekes to come on after 20 minutes is my best guess.
That could be the thing , whether Keppie would or be expected to go for the full 80 . Have to watch the interchange sequence but don 't mind the prospect of Bulemor spending some time at 13 . Really don 't think that Weekes would be preferred to have any stint there . Maybe to give Froggy a rest but doubt if he has ever spent time as a 9 , not to say that he could not briefly adapt there Still some handy Bulldog forwards , including one bench forward apparently but surely if Manly can lay on some consistent pressure in the ruck area , should get the better of them there to get an important platform for the backs to work off . .

Hi The Wheel ,I am a newly minted premium member and tipping entrant but for the life of me I cannot find where I put my tips in for the Silvertails NRL comp, I am trapped in vortex of pools etc that indicate there is no Tipping comp ,please give me a hint .cheers

That could be the thing , whether Keppie would or be expected to go for the full 80 . Have to watch the interchange sequence but don 't mind the prospect of Bulemor spending some time at 13 . Really don 't think that Weekes would be preferred to have any stint there . Maybe to give Froggy a rest but doubt if he has ever spent time as a 9 , not to say that he could not briefly adapt there Still some handy Bulldog forwards , including one bench forward apparently but surely if Manly can lay on some consistent pressure in the ruck area , should get the better of them there to get an important platform for the backs to work off . .
I could see Weekes being effective for us, playing a similar role to Walker last year. Seibold will definitely find an innovative role for Weekes, when he comes on. Potentially, sniping through the middle with Turbo.

Hi The Wheel ,I am a newly minted premium member and tipping entrant but for the life of me I cannot find where I put my tips in for the Silvertails NRL comp, I am trapped in vortex of pools etc that indicate there is no Tipping comp ,please give me a hint .cheers
Welcome aboard mate and thank you for your support.

If you go to the tipping Comp thread , and go right back to the very first post @Dan shows you how to do it all.

You have until kick off tonight to do it.

Last edited:
@globaleagle can you assist

maybe burbo subs 13 with bully and aioli subbing the props. cant see keppie playing 80.
really like him but can get a bit sloppy

none of them look like playing the jake/yeo role though
weekes could possibly do a stint as you say similar to walker if frog plays 80

i think seeing lawnton back may show us the overall intent in round 3. he gives us more balance in those areas IMO
weeks doesnt stand out as a 14 for me although he certainly seems to fit somewhere and deserves a run.

maybe burbo subs 13 with bully and aioli subbing the props. cant see keppie playing 80.
really like him but can get a bit sloppy

none of them look like playing the jake/yeo role though
weekes could possibly do a stint as you say similar to walker if frog plays 80

i think seeing lawnton back may show us the overall intent in round 3. he gives us more balance in those areas IMO
weeks doesnt stand out as a 14 for me although he certainly seems to fit somewhere and deserves a run.
It so early days with this squad, I'm sure there'll be tinkering and possibly even significant changes with certain players and positions. I can even see players being moved into different roles during the match if things aren't working. The coaching brains trust is good (on paper) and so I reckon they won't be afraid to change things up mid game if they think it'll work better. Altho this is the real thing Saturday, I still see it as a trial game and come Saturday evening, we'll have a clearer picture of where things are at and what needs to be tinkered with. But come Round 5, it needs to be settled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8