Manly to hit open market for Walker replacement

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Who are you going to pick up for $98K ?? Maybe add on Frankenstein's wage and we might have $250K tops to spend

Ranga

Bencher
Tipping Member
$98k pro-rated over a year (7 months to go) means a player on about $170k per annum assuming we have nothing else in the kitty. If that is the case, I’d just play the kids to be honest....

Mitch

Bencher
Who are you going to pick up for $98K ?? Maybe add on Frankenstein's wage and we might have $250K tops to spend

One thing to remember is that all contracts within the NRL run from November to November, so players are already 5 months into their yearly contract so $98,000 plus whatever from Winterstein etc for the remaining 7 months of their 2018/19 contract.

$250k is a good start Des can manage the cap and get Aitken for that and then ‘backend’ for the next couple of years

smithy

Reserve Grader
We also have to sign a 30th player as per the CBA before June 30 so money would also need to be made available for that as well as any walker replacement.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
We also have to sign a 30th player as per the CBA before June 30 so money would also need to be made available for that as well as any walker replacement.
That can be someone upgraded from a development contract or some nuffy and only has to be minimum wage which is $100K, and I presume $50K for the prorata amount of contract left from June 30. So not a big stretch of finances I wouldn't think.

The problem with this hastily cobbled together NRL policy is that no fan understands how it works. Is Walker still part of the 30 man squad ? if we sign someone to replace him using our salary cap "relief" then do we have a 31 man squad ?? If he is found not guilty in May then what happens there ?? do we have to cut the player we agreed to sign to replace him ??

ALinda

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The problem with this hastily cobbled together NRL policy is that no fan understands how it works. Is Walker still part of the 30 man squad ? if we sign someone to replace him using our salary cap "relief" then do we have a 31 man squad ?? If he is found not guilty in May then what happens there ?? do we have to cut the player we agreed to sign to replace him ??
Don't forget Frankenstein's gone so theoretically we should have a 28 man squad at present, including Walker. After signing someone to replace him using cap relief, we would still have 29...by my calculations. (If Walker's not guilty and stays, who knows!)

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
That can be someone upgraded from a development contract or some nuffy and only has to be minimum wage which is $100K, and I presume $50K for the prorata amount of contract left from June 30. So not a big stretch of finances I wouldn't think.

Don’t forget Frankie goes to Pantherwood was part of the 30, so his slot is spare now.

Go manly

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Give killer 98 k to get his ass back to Brooky
Don’t care what he does
Just get him here
Give half to skivvy and let them both hang around for a month
More uosudevto this than a short term average player

Don’t forget Frankie goes to Pantherwood was part of the 30, so his slot is spare now.

Only if we are not paying over a certain amount of his freight apparently mate...a la Mr Plod.

Wasn't Anderson named in the 21 for round 1? I didn't see it but someone here said that he was. If so he must have been upgraded from his devel contract to qualify being picked. There goes a 30 spot if he was.

madmax

Bencher
Ummmmmm....i was taking the pi$$ @:p hahaha.

By the way, where did you see or hear that Walker actually hit a woman? The allegations are he pulled his g/fs hair & she fell. I'm not condoning what he did (if true), but to say he hit a woman?? I don't understand all this dislike of the guy.....he took an overdose of pain killers, he punched a door. He is a dick on the field at times but no worse than others so why the hate? There are plenty worse than him playing the game! I for one will be disappointed if he leaves! Just my opinion........

Last edited:

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
$98K. How'd they calculate that? Sounds a bit short to me.

C'mon man. 98k is a super duper lot! Why I'm sure there is a few representative players lining up to sign for us! (lol)

Meanwhile, over in 'merica, Mike Trout signs a 12 year baseball contract for $426.5 MILLION !!

This nrl is being lead by some real champs!

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
14 7 7 -50 16