Manly Spoon. The table does not lie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Manly and The Dogs are currently the worst teams in the NRL fullstop.

The Cowboys only just got beaten by the Dragons and their effort vs Penrith was better than ours.

I think the Dogs pack will maul the pussies in our powder puff pack when we meet. Sure we have a lot more potential strike power but it hasnt looked like surfacing in a dozen matches.

I have no issue at all if we get the spoon and deserve it. Actually I cant see us not being in a wrestle for it at seasons end.

Next up Warriors, Titans,Tigers and Penrith.

I think the Warriors are more likely to put a big score on us than any other team. I think we will bottom out completely next week, with or without Tom I see a 50 nil.

Titans will be way too good.

Tigers having an off day might be our only hope. But if they play like they did last week 0-8 here we come..
I have predicted absolute rock bottom is round 10.

Lapped by last years spooners , at their stadium for our 10th straight shellacking.

If there’s no changes by then I’m not going to even bother packing the Foxtel box when we head away in the caravan for 3 months.

I have predicted absolute rock bottom is round 10.

Lapped by last years spooners , at their stadium for our 10th straight shellacking.

If there’s no changes by then I’m not going to even bother packing the Foxtel box when we head away in the caravan for 3 months.

@Mark from Brisbane I honestly dont think Des can make any changes other than blokes returning from injury. Tom, Sirro, Taufua etc.

Other than Sipley i dont think we have any unused options.

@Mark from Brisbane I honestly dont think Des can make any changes other than blokes returning from injury. Tom, Sirro, Taufua etc.

Other than Sipley i dont think we have any unused options.
There is nothing in BWSE. Only Saddler whose not even in the top 30. Tom, Sirro, Olakuatu, Jorge , Harper, Sipley. That is it. It's the so called stars who have been most dissapointing.

There is nothing in BWSE. Only Saddler whose not even in the top 30. Tom, Sirro, Olakuatu, Jorge , Harper, Sipley. That is it. It's the so called stars who have been most dissapointing.
Does it matter if we promote players and they fail?
We know we are not going to win with the current mob. So let's see what the others can do.

Does it matter if we promote players and they fail?
We know we are not going to win with the current mob. So let's see what the others can do.
It is not about promoting players to fail

It is all about lifting players to play above their weight

Des cannot even lift his elite players like DCE at the moment

Dce has not been elite since Killer retired.
Let us not forget DCE was one of the great leaders that led the under strength QLD team to Victory last season . The team that had to pick players from NSW cup . The team that no one gave a chance to win the series .

Let us not forget DCE was one of the great leaders that led the under strength QLD team to Victory last season . The team that had to pick players from NSW cup . The team that no one gave a chance to win the series .
DCE.....hmmm was that the same guy doing all those arm tackles with Suli against Penrith, and who watched and didn't put his body on the line to gift Penrith a try, and the guy who turned away while Jake was speaking?.

My oh my can a lot happen in a year!

NYEagle

DCE.....hmmm was that the same guy doing all those arm tackles with Suli against Penrith, and who watched and didn't put his body on the line to gift Penrith a try, and the guy who turned away while Jake was speaking?.

My oh my can a lot happen in a year!

NYEagle
Yes , a lot can happen in one year

DCE Kills it at the highest level in the game as Maroon captain last Season

And this Season as Manly Captain his confidence is shot as are all our other players after 12 consecutive trashing.

Just because some one speaks and you do and not look at them it does not mean you have your ears blocked and you cannot hear them.

Peter Peters questions Haslers direction he was taking in the beginning of the year and that Manly would struggle and Peter was right

The buck stops at the coach .....The Head coach who over sees it all
At the end of the day . We are all accountable for our circumstances and so is Des

So we are 2nd last and and ex Manly coached team last.

We have to improve a whole lot to have a chance to beat the Titans this week as the Dogs could well beat Nth Qld.

Then back to spoon.

Very very important match against Titans.

Last edited:
Sportsbet has Manly now equal with Knights at $67 to win the comp (yes, I know, haha, but at least we seem to be moving away from the wooden spoon market!)

For what it's worth, Broncos, Tigers and Cows, are currently at $151.
(Poor old Dogs at $251) :)

Sportsbet has Manly now equal with Knights at $67 to win the comp (yes, I know, haha, but at least we seem to be moving away from the wooden spoon market!)

For what it's worth, Broncos, Tigers and Cows, are currently at $151.
(Poor old Dogs at $251) :)
Which probably sees us around the 13/14 mark, at this stage you’d have to agree with that

We competed well against a decent side, so I have some hope now. If Turbo can stay fit we have a chance of making the 8. Lawton will be another important piece of the puzzle too.

I actually think we're a stronger team with Suli injured, Harper puts in a much better effort. Turbo for Walker is an improvement too despite his injury. It's encouraging to see that Garrick is lifting his game too.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4