Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Manly Spoon. The table does not lie

Mark from Brisbane

“ Triggered Boomer”
Premium Member
Tipping Comp 2021
Reaction score
Manly and The Dogs are currently the worst teams in the NRL fullstop.

The Cowboys only just got beaten by the Dragons and their effort vs Penrith was better than ours.

I think the Dogs pack will maul the pussies in our powder puff pack when we meet. Sure we have a lot more potential strike power but it hasnt looked like surfacing in a dozen matches.

I have no issue at all if we get the spoon and deserve it. Actually I cant see us not being in a wrestle for it at seasons end.

Next up Warriors, Titans,Tigers and Penrith.

I think the Warriors are more likely to put a big score on us than any other team. I think we will bottom out completely next week, with or without Tom I see a 50 nil.

Titans will be way too good.

Tigers having an off day might be our only hope. But if they play like they did last week 0-8 here we come..
I have predicted absolute rock bottom is round 10.

Lapped by last years spooners , at their stadium for our 10th straight shellacking.

If there’s no changes by then I’m not going to even bother packing the Foxtel box when we head away in the caravan for 3 months.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Super Coach Member
Tipping Comp 2021
Reaction score
I have predicted absolute rock bottom is round 10.

Lapped by last years spooners , at their stadium for our 10th straight shellacking.

If there’s no changes by then I’m not going to even bother packing the Foxtel box when we head away in the caravan for 3 months.

@Mark from Brisbane I honestly dont think Des can make any changes other than blokes returning from injury. Tom, Sirro, Taufua etc.

Other than Sipley i dont think we have any unused options.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Comp 2021
Reaction score
@Mark from Brisbane I honestly dont think Des can make any changes other than blokes returning from injury. Tom, Sirro, Taufua etc.

Other than Sipley i dont think we have any unused options.
There is nothing in BWSE. Only Saddler whose not even in the top 30. Tom, Sirro, Olakuatu, Jorge , Harper, Sipley. That is it. It's the so called stars who have been most dissapointing.

The Who

First Grader
Premium Member
Reaction score
There is nothing in BWSE. Only Saddler whose not even in the top 30. Tom, Sirro, Olakuatu, Jorge , Harper, Sipley. That is it. It's the so called stars who have been most dissapointing.
Does it matter if we promote players and they fail?
We know we are not going to win with the current mob. So let's see what the others can do.

BOZO

The Incomparable Immortal Bob Fulton
Premium Member
Tipping Comp 2021
Reaction score
Does it matter if we promote players and they fail?
We know we are not going to win with the current mob. So let's see what the others can do.
It is not about promoting players to fail

It is all about lifting players to play above their weight

Des cannot even lift his elite players like DCE at the moment

• ✔️
Reactions: Rosko

Jerry1

First Grader
Reaction score
Dce has not been elite since Killer retired.

BOZO

Premium Member
Tipping Comp 2021
Reaction score
Dce has not been elite since Killer retired.
Let us not forget DCE was one of the great leaders that led the under strength QLD team to Victory last season . The team that had to pick players from NSW cup . The team that no one gave a chance to win the series .

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Comp 2021
Reaction score
Let us not forget DCE was one of the great leaders that led the under strength QLD team to Victory last season . The team that had to pick players from NSW cup . The team that no one gave a chance to win the series .
The Qld side won on the back of Cam Munster not DCE.

BOZO

Premium Member
Tipping Comp 2021
Reaction score

NYEagle

Bencher
Reaction score
DCE.....hmmm was that the same guy doing all those arm tackles with Suli against Penrith, and who watched and didn't put his body on the line to gift Penrith a try, and the guy who turned away while Jake was speaking?.

My oh my can a lot happen in a year!

NYEagle

BOZO

Premium Member
Tipping Comp 2021
Reaction score
DCE.....hmmm was that the same guy doing all those arm tackles with Suli against Penrith, and who watched and didn't put his body on the line to gift Penrith a try, and the guy who turned away while Jake was speaking?.

My oh my can a lot happen in a year!

NYEagle
Yes , a lot can happen in one year

DCE Kills it at the highest level in the game as Maroon captain last Season

And this Season as Manly Captain his confidence is shot as are all our other players after 12 consecutive trashing.

Just because some one speaks and you do and not look at them it does not mean you have your ears blocked and you cannot hear them.

Peter Peters questions Haslers direction he was taking in the beginning of the year and that Manly would struggle and Peter was right

The buck stops at the coach .....The Head coach who over sees it all
At the end of the day . We are all accountable for our circumstances and so is Des

XV-1

Bencher
Reaction score
So we are 2nd last and and ex Manly coached team last.

We have to improve a whole lot to have a chance to beat the Titans this week as the Dogs could well beat Nth Qld.

Then back to spoon.

Very very important match against Titans.

Last edited:

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Comp 2021
Reaction score
Sportsbet has Manly now equal with Knights at $67 to win the comp (yes, I know, haha, but at least we seem to be moving away from the wooden spoon market!)

For what it's worth, Broncos, Tigers and Cows, are currently at $151.
(Poor old Dogs at $251) :)

Mark from Brisbane

“ Triggered Boomer”
Premium Member
Tipping Comp 2021
Reaction score
Sportsbet has Manly now equal with Knights at $67 to win the comp (yes, I know, haha, but at least we seem to be moving away from the wooden spoon market!)

For what it's worth, Broncos, Tigers and Cows, are currently at $151.
(Poor old Dogs at $251) :)
Which probably sees us around the 13/14 mark, at this stage you’d have to agree with that

Staff online

Latest posts

2021 Ladder

Team P W D L PD Pts
1 Panthers 9 9 0 0 200 18
2 Eels 9 8 0 1 136 16
3 Storm 9 7 0 2 184 14
4 Rabbitohs 9 7 0 2 61 14
5 Roosters 9 6 0 3 123 12
6 Dragons 9 5 0 4 24 10
7 Titans 9 4 0 5 -1 8
8 Warriors 9 4 0 5 -27 8