Manly Signings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Agreed

Stability is important.
Balance of the roster is important.
Some new faces to keep things fresh is important.
Price is important.
Potential is important.
Progression is important

Many factors to consider thus no need for us to rush into locking Croker down right now. Wait till the off season, he is not in high demand
A Cool Post by a Cool head
Putting things in Great Perspective Disco

L

Lawton's versatility makes him the perfect 14. Even if Fainu is cleared then he starts and Lawton 14. That means Croker and Cust are back ups. That's the sort of depth in the spine that wins premierships. Look at Panthers, they have Burton and May not getting starts in the spine. Lucky Panthers didn't see Burton as "surplus"
Lets remember the error we made in offloading Api!

Agreed

Stability is important.
Balance of the roster is important.
Some new faces to keep things fresh is important.
Price is important.
Potential is important.
Progression is important

Many factors to consider thus no need for us to rush into locking Croker down right now. Wait till the off season, he is not in high demand
Keeping Croker:
Stability in the squad (tick)
Balance of roster- can't all be stars (tick)
Price- He's cheap (tick)
Progression- improving each week (tick)

I think your own argument has proven why we should re sign him.

U r being a bit harsh on Carney. Carney has never been caught sending nude photos of girls around for spite or arrested for stabbing someone.
If Carney was Lockear, everything would have been brushed under thecarpet.

I agree with a lot of posters here, Fainu is a disgrace as a young man and human being. Guilty or not.
One thing is 4 sure, if he is found not guilty, Des will ensure he fits in or fckcjs off.
Carney had A LOT brushed under the carpet when at Easts.

Garner is a quality hole runner but his defence is average and he doesn't do much muscling up coming out of their end. I was one who thought he might be ok with a change of clubs.
I am really happy with our forward pack. Particularly our backrowers. As far as I am concerned we have the best pack in the game. Our forward depth is outstanding, and Des has done a great job in developing that depth. The competition for spots is the best I can remember in recent times.

Keeping Croker:
Stability in the squad (tick)
Balance of roster- can't all be stars (tick)
Price- He's cheap (tick)
Progression- improving each week (tick)

I think your own argument has proven why we should re sign him.

Balance of roster - They can be all quality stars in their own right .

Price - it is all about seeking better value players

Progression - All players reach their limits . Never limit the teams potential by not looking for better prospects

Stability in the squad- Every player wants to be in a quality winning team with quality players

Question . Is there room for improvement in our playing roster ?

Answer . Bloody oath their is

The moral of the story
If we do not keep evolving . We will never keep improving

3df0f6e7ffa1074acb4cc2617f01edbe.jpg

Progression - All players reach their limits . Never limit the teams potential by not looking for better prospects

Stability in the squad- Every player wants to be in a quality winning team with quality players

The moral of the story

View attachment 18569
We should always be looking to improve. That's what our recruitment team are paid for. Just so long as Jimmy the jet isn't one of the players. He's sh1t.

The moral of the story

View attachment 18569
And we will evolve and improve. We should be letting go Gosiewski, Boyle and Siro. We also have other young guns coming through. Our roster is on the improve!
My point is, getting rid of Croker doesn't help in any way shape or form.

And we will evolve and improve. We should be letting go Gosiewski, Boyle and Siro. We also have other young guns coming through. Our roster is on the improve!
My point is, getting rid of Croker doesn't help in any way shape or form.
Maybe keep Gosiewski for depth and on the cheap, he was a good player before. Croker we definitely should keep for another 2 years. He deserves it

Gotta laugh at posters who were advocating we sign Hetherington, Jimmy the jet, garner etc earlier this year.
Jimmy the jet is finished.

But Garner is a good player in a lost team.

Hetherington is an agro but with a good coach I think could become destructive. If we signed the both of them tomorrow i’d be happy (although for props we’re stacked at the moment, the hetherington discussions were when taupau was rumoured to be leaving)

Gotta laugh at posters who were advocating we sign Hetherington, Jimmy the jet, garner etc earlier this year.
I will put my hand up for the Hetherington call - thought we needed some starch in the middle and he was from good bloodlines as a Panther.....when he chose other clubs ahead of Manly I wished the worst for him....wish granted...he gives away 6-7 penalties agame, has ordinary hands and can't control his aggression.

I am really happy with our forward pack. Particularly our backrowers. As far as I am concerned we have the best pack in the game. Our forward depth is outstanding, and Des has done a great job in developing that depth. The competition for spots is the best I can remember in recent times.
Oh I agree - but when we weren't going great - my view was that this guy could be turned into something - that was all.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8