Manly Signings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We should always be looking to improve. That's what our recruitment team are paid for. Just so long as Jimmy the jet isn't one of the players. He's sh1t.
Yes feathered friend we should always keep looking to improve
as there are no limits towards striving for excellence and our legendary club Manly means Magnificent and we need to live up to its great standards !

Perspective time .....
As for Jimmy the Jet . He is going through a down patch just like our backline players were when we lost 15 in a row by record margins getting thrashed and could not even win a home game

The Jet is not affective when grounded just as our back line players were when they were grounded
But when he takes off and in form . He is unstoppable against the best in the game
And the proof is in the highlights below

The jet In form and out of sight as he blows away the Roosters quality back line including latrell Mitchel and Tedesco and makes them looking like inept NSW cup player.

Speed kills and the faster you go the more mediocre mess you leave behind

This is a no contest
Stop the fight
Shut the gate
Jimmy the jet has bolted

Last edited:
Oh I agree - but when we weren't going great - my view was that this guy could be turned into something - that was all.
I had similar thoughts at the time as well. I felt thst Capewell would have been an ideal fit for Manly back then. Des signed Lawton, which I thought could be a master stroke (after watching him closely through juniors at Bilambil and Tweed Coast Raiders). The rest is history, and Capewell would now be surplus to requirements. Garner is a good player but is now defintely surplus to requirents as well. One more thing about Lawton, he is potentially a very good five eight, with a very similar style to Foran, if Des decides to keep Schuster in the backrow.

I had similar thoughts at the time as well. I felt thst Capewell would have been an ideal fit for Manly back then. Des signed Lawton, which I thought could be a master stroke (after watching him closely through juniors at Bilambil and Tweed Coast Raiders). The rest is history, and Capewell would now be surplus to requirements. Garner is a good player but is now defintely surplus to requirents as well. One more thing about Lawton, he is potentially a very good five eight, with a very similar style to Foran, if Des decides to keep Schuster in the backrow.
Does Lawton have any sort of a kicking game though , must admit that nothing would surprise me with him however as he seems just such a natural type of footy player . Guess that it mainly a time for consolidation now with the strength and depth of the Manly pack , guys like Capewell Garner and Su " a were certainly of interest a few months ago for Manly , things have obviously changed since then in terms of the need for additional back row additions .

Yes agreed. I am still not sold on Capewell yet as a starter. Think he is good but not a full time starter but he is someone like Finucane who will give you great effort every week. Just not sure he is explosive and a game winner. Time will tell. Lawnton is great - I haven't seen his ball playing skills yet so I will reserve judgement but he is a fab pick up that is for sure.

Des has evolved and now is mastering the new game of Rugba League. Part of that evolution has been to develop the broader playing roster and that must go on. The moment we stagnate and stop evolving we will fall behind. All clubs have to shed players that is something that cannot be avoided.

as there are no limits towards striving for excellence and our legendary club Manly means Magnificent and we need to live up to its great standards !

Perspective time .....
As for Jimmy the Jet . He is going through a down patch just like our backline players were when we lost 15 in a row by record margins getting thrashed and could not even win a home game

The Jet is not affective when grounded just as our back line players were when they were grounded
But when he takes off and in form . He is unstoppable against the best in the game

The jet In form and out of sight as he blows away the Roosters quality back line including latrell Mitchel and Tedesco and makes them looking like inept NSW cup player.

This is a no contest
Stop the fight
Shut the gate
Jimmy the jet has bolted
That video is 3 years old. He has been hopeless lately.

That video is 3 years old. He has been hopeless lately.
We all know how hopeless players can be when they are out of from
We also know what brilliant players are capable of feathered friend

When did we last have a Manly centre that scored tries like this ?

Perspective time .....

This is a no contest
Stop the fight
Shut the gate
Jimmy, the jet has bolted
You've been replaying that video for three years now Bozo. Jimmy has been down on form for a lot longer than 15 rounds.

Jimmy was - Harper is.

Manly under Des finally got it right after half a decade of questionable decisions. Manly junior recruitment has been spot on for years, but at the senior level there were some really strange decisions made. Des has identified the right players to hold onto and recruit and though I felt he was a little slow in bringing some of the younger talent through, he has handled the situation well. Manly now has a premiership challenging side.

There would be no doubt that Des and Crusher are looking at other Lawton, Harper types to fill a couple of spots.

I reckon De Luis will get a top 30 spot Plus bring up a couple of youngsters into the squad may Humphries etc.

Des has evolved and now is mastering the new game of Rugba League. Part of that evolution has been to develop the broader playing roster and that must go on. The moment we stagnate and stop evolving we will fall behind. All clubs have to shed players that is something that cannot be avoided.
My big fear is once Des assembles his complete roster for the new rules and development of such.
Vlandys will change the rules the other way just as suddenly as he has this time round.

I half expect on the eve of the finals they will come out and can the 6 agains back to penalties and allow longer wrestling...
Who knows

Does Lawton have any sort of a kicking game though , must admit that nothing would surprise me with him however as he seems just such a natural type of footy player . Guess that it mainly a time for consolidation now with the strength and depth of the Manly pack , guys like Capewell Garner and Su " a were certainly of interest a few months ago for Manly , things have obviously changed since then in terms of the need for additional back row additions .

Lawton has a good kicking game as well. @manly al When he came over to the Warriors he was recognised as having a great kicking game. The only thing that has held him back from playing more first grade in the halves has been injuries.

This is what Shaun Johnson had to say about him after his debut with the Warriors.

"He's really easy to play with Karl, he never misses a chance to get out and run," he said.
"He has a great passing game and a very good kicking game which people probably haven't seen from him yet so he's slotted in really well."

This was towards the end of the season in 2018, which was followed by injuries in 2019, then his achilles in 2020 at Dubbo. As long as he can stay injury free he gives us great options in a number of positions.

Jimmy Jet has speed but that's where it stops...would have been great at U12's running around the entire defence.....as Bozo showed, has scored some blistering tries, but there's far more things to look at - he lets in a heap, does not get involved unless it comes his way, misses tackles and makes poor defensive reads, has no passing game for his winger.
Also when it comes to speed, we have the Saab mobile, which would burn the jet convincingly.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6