Manly sign Rabbitoh Jack Gosiewski

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hopefully TB will get the best out of him. Also I just checked, there's no you tube highlights package out there on him so he must be the real deal..

Good to see the club is thinking depth now. Plus all our depth signings arent over 30 year olds, they are all young like Gosiewski and Sipley.
Just spoke to a mate of mine who is a Souths supporter and he told me that Gosiewski is a tough aggressive player who had bad luck with injury .
He believes he will be a good buy for us

Our recruitment policy in all it's glory ..............................can't get a game, current club doesn't want you, rejected by other clubs.................welcome to Manly!

I'm predicting a thread on this forum by mid next year "Why did we buy Jack Gosiewski" :clap:

Yeah we should have learnt our lessons when we signed guys like Michael Robertson, George Rose, Mark Bryant, Glenn Hall, Joe Galuvao etc back in the day, and we all saw how terrible Uate and Sironen were for us this season

Last edited:
In related news, you can buy a Herbie Timms 1977 scanlens footy card on eBay for $8, though interestingly, Rabbitohs is spelt Rabbitos on the card, so it could be fake. Though it is unlikely there is a massive undercover market in illegal 1970s rugby league cards, but best get an expert to check it out first. As you were.
I have a couple of Herbie originals so I'll check it out.
Could be Souffs didn't know how to spell way back then either.

Depth signing, I assume on the second tier cap

Replaces Kennedy I'd think

Would be on bottom dollar, has a bit of upside and if it doesn't work out nothing lost

Nothing to complain about here

Horray ...he is from Murwillumbah! Go the mustangs!

Wait...he played for the mullumbimby giants??? boooooooooooooooooooooo
Welcome Jack!

Both The Mustangs and the Giants are slack jawed, wood booger teams....Go the Mighty Cudgen Hornets!!!

The sarcasm is strong in that one
No sarcasm, but I've been on this forum long enough to say no more than I have (Think Cafe-Gate). Let's just say that some better judges than any of us hold that opinion of this bloke and within the next year or so he will be a staple of the starting 13, perhaps along side Jamil Hoppa, it's a strange strange world you know.

Judging by some of the reaction from South fans on social media (how do we re-sign Sutton and let Jack go etc), it may be a pretty astute purchase.

Both The Mustangs and the Giants are slack jawed, wood booger teams....Go the Mighty Cudgen Hornets!!!

Pfffft, cudgen play outta kingscliff! Get yer own ground, peasants!

(welcome back...haven't seen you post in 3 months or so!)

he is best friends with angus chrichton as well. could be a strategic signing!
I would be stoked with that! Angus has so much talent, drive and is a team player.. My understanding is that there are rumours that his management have been talking to the sharks.

He will be better than Crighton in a couple of years from now.
I don't know if you are taking the piss or not Ralphie,but I saw him play a couple of games in 2016 and I have to say that I thought he was more impressive than Crighton at that point.I thought he could have been a lock or second rower with his agro and involvement.Whether he kicks on or doesn't I think this is a good pickup on the cheap and with a good offseason who knows....Don't know why they would want to let him go though.

I don't know if you are taking the piss or not Ralphie,but I saw him play a couple of games in 2016 and I have to say that I thought he was more impressive than Crighton at that point.I thought he could have been a lock or second rower with his agro and involvement.Whether he kicks on or doesn't I think this is a good pickup on the cheap and with a good offseason who knows....Don't know why they would want to let him go though.
Not taking the Piss mate, genuinely excited about this signing. He just needs to stay fit and he will be awesome.

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/20...i_wins_nyc_players_player_award_for_2014.html

Its no youtube highlights video but you get an idea of his aggressive defence and attacking lines from his NYC days.
Batty you are pretty good at digging this footage up! Really impressive. The footage as well...A lot of the rabbits fans are pissed off he was released.. Hope he has a huge year with us. If it eventuates that he is as good or better than Creighton then we may have hit the jackpot.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8