Manly sign Rabbitoh Jack Gosiewski

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mitch

Bencher
From Fox Sports Market Watch

Manly have signed South Sydney backrower Jack Gosiewski.

The 23-year-old was not offered a new deal by the Rabbitohs and Trent Barrett has pounced.

Market Watch can reveal the rangy worker has signed a one-year-deal.

Having made his NRL debut last year, Gosiewski has played six games in the top grade.

I found this ....

Early career
In 2013 and 2014, Gosiewski played for the South Sydney Rabbitohs' NYC team,[2] captaining the side in 2014.[3] In 2015, he graduated to their New South Wales Cup team, North Sydney Bears.[4]. At the conclusion of the 2015 season, he played 18 games for North Sydney and scored 4 tries.[5].

In round 10 of the 2016 NRL season, Gosiewski made his NRL debut for the Rabbitohs against the Parramatta Eels.[6][7]. He played a total of 5 games for South Sydney in 2016, for most of the season though, he featured for North Sydney, making 9 appearances and scoring 3 tries. In October, he re-signed with the Rabbitohs on a 1-year contract until the end of 2017.[8]

Gosiewski spent most of the 2017 season out with a torn patella. After getting match fitness and game time with Souths' feeder club North Sydney, he was recalled to the South Sydney lineup and played his sole NRL game of the season in South Sydney's 36-18 victory over the New Zealand Warriors.[

Age 23
Height 190 cm (6 ft 3 in)
Weight 95 kg (14 st 13 lb)

Do you know anything about this guy Mitch ?

Mate I’m quite sure he showed some promise after debuting with Souths but from memory suffered an injury which ruled him out for some time this year (months). He only came back through NsW cup late in the season I think.

Playing for the feeder North Sydney club
This what he looks like
Jackgosiewski.jpg

From Fox Sports Market Watch

Manly have signed South Sydney backrower Jack Gosiewski.

The 23-year-old was not offered a new deal by the Rabbitohs and Trent Barrett has pounced.

Market Watch can reveal the rangy worker has signed a one-year-deal.

Having made his NRL debut last year, Gosiewski has played six games in the top grade.

Our recruitment policy in all it's glory ..............................can't get a game, current club doesn't want you, rejected by other clubs.................welcome to Manly!

I'm predicting a thread on this forum by mid next year "Why did we buy Jack Gosiewski" :clap:

Our recruitment policy in all it's glory ..............................can't get a game, current club doesn't want you, rejected by other clubs.................welcome to Manly!

I'm predicting a thread on this forum by mid next year "Why did we buy Jack Gosiewski" :clap:

If he wasn’t out injured for 5 months this year he would have been playing consistently for them mate. Had some raps from bunnies fans after he made his debut late in 2016.

Good depth, looked decent in some of his games, one in particular I remember him being being one of the shining players. This may not be a bad signing you know, i reckon long term it's a decent move and provides us some short term depth for what probably would be a low price. His name will be a pain to type though..

One year contract and I expect at a pretty attractive price. Worth a shot plus he could also play centre if required. I would have taken a punt on him as well.

Good to see the club is thinking depth now. Plus all our depth signings arent over 30 year olds, they are all young like Gosiewski and Sipley.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4