Manly set to re-sign star halves Kieran Foran and Daly Cherry-Evans

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
if glenn is contracted to 2014, doesnt that dead this leaving talk?? he will be 30 or so when that is up & brett is one knee injury away from retirement, if its a legal contract, i dont understand how this rumour even starts?

Gorgeous George said:
the mauler said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
An official response on twitter from Manly

Contrary to speculation on @triplemsport we are progressing with Brett Stewart and Glenn is contracted till the end of 2014. #gomanly

Progressing? Thats a piss weak response. That's definately not going to stop the innuendo. Something a bit more positive would've been nice.

I fail to understand why that is "piss weak". What more would you expect them to say? I'm sure they are doing everything possible to retain both the Stewart boys long term.

I agree GG. Not sure what you would like them to say? Its not like most contracts are negotiated in one afternoon meeting, even in less troubled times they can take months to nut out the details. Progressing is as good a word to use as I can think of.

I am not sure that the Glenn situation could be as simple as he is contracted to 2014

If he wanted to leave the club, if the dogs / other, were willing to offer compo then you could see how it might work

All that said it is nothing else but idle speculation

Yesterday on my way home from work I picked up the free mx magazine from the train station and back page had a small article which essentially said both Stewart brothers are off to the Dogs, (because of Hasler) - it also said T Williams and Lussick were heading there too?

Seems there is a lot of speculation and rumours around our players.

1947 said:
Yesterday on my way home from work I picked up the free mx magazine from the train station and back page had a small article which essentially said both Stewart brothers are off to the Dogs, (because of Hasler) - it also said T Williams and Lussick were heading there too?

No wonder it's free.

bones said:
1947 said:

No wonder it's free.

Yeah ;)

Chip and Chase said:
WAMF said:
manlysister said:
Im happy but cant get excited until the ink is dry on the contract we have been sucked in to this sort of talk before so until its done & dusted I will wait before I celebrate

I hear Perry carries 3 working pens in his top pocket, if that's any consolation.

Is it a Polo shirt ??

Perry is a suit and tie kind of guy and doesn't need to be told that Polo's have a place on players and coaches, not the CEO of a business trying to attract credible sponsors.
But, even if Perry were to wear a Polo, I'm sure he'd find a way to carry a pen somehow. Just like an AMEX :)

Until the ICC is in and the new TV deal is sorted and salary cap is set most players are going ti sit and wait to see how much they can get. The top level players are not going to in a race to agree to a % of cap as with the rise in cap more of it will go to top level players.

Perry did make that statement on behalf of Stewy's saying thay wanted to stay at Manly and were behind the club. And they have said nothing since.

The media is all about having people pay attention and going on about Manly players leaving means we will read/listen to them and all other fans will also as they want Manly to fall apart.

I still can't believe someone in RLW picked dogs to win comp this year becuase of De$. I can not see any team with can't catch/can't tackle @ fullback winning the comp.

mickyj said:
Until the ICC is in and the new TV deal is sorted and salary cap is set most players are going ti sit and wait to see how much they can get. The top level players are not going to in a race to agree to a % of cap as with the rise in cap more of it will go to top level players.

Perry did make that statement on behalf of Stewy's saying thay wanted to stay at Manly and were behind the club. And they have said nothing since.

The media is all about having people pay attention and going on about Manly players leaving means we will read/listen to them and all other fans will also as they want Manly to fall apart.

I still can't believe someone in RLW picked dogs to win comp this year becuase of De$. I can not see any team with can't catch/can't tackle @ fullback winning the comp.
I think that was Mark Geyer who tipped the dogturdsto win, his mouth was always faster than his brain

Peter C said:
mickyj said:

I think that was Mark Geyer who tipped the dogturdsto win, his mouth was always faster than his brain

MG has the memory of a goldfish. He would give you a different answer to the same question every 5 minutes and not realise he's done so.

All this an attempt to destablise our WCC shot?

Lot of people must be worried that under Tooves it will be a continuation of 2011 success rate.

Let's make sure to save this story from today.

CANTERBURY chief executive Todd Greenberg has rejected suggestions that the Bulldogs have begun making a play for Manly’s Stewart brothers Glenn and Brett.
http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2012/02/09/bulldogs-boss-denies-stewarts-pursuit/

It took a Twitter from Manly and the CEO of Canterbury to pretty much sum up what I already stated. Glen contracted until 2014 and Brett until the end of 2012. Apart from that I have no other substantial evidence to suggest anything different.

Sometimes I wonder where half the forum get there information from as at times it can be so contrary to what I'm hearing. I keep reading that the Stewart brothers are angry with the Manly Board because they sacked Des. Sorry I don't agree with that. Total speculation again.

Can someone please explain the Conspiracy theories within the Manly Sea Eagles management that some on this Forum seem to think exist, because basically I don't see it. The in-fighting amongst the Board doesn't get any more transparent and they were completely honest about losing Des and Hoppa...... Which mind you, for both the Dogs and Parra, it will probably all end in tears. Especially where Hoppa John is involved. He always comes grovelling back to club at some point in his life.

Go Manly

Gorgeous George said:
the mauler said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:

Contrary to speculation on @triplemsport we are progressing with Brett Stewart and Glenn is contracted till the end of 2014. #gomanly

Progressing? Thats a piss weak response. That's definately not going to stop the innuendo. Something a bit more positive would've been nice.

I fail to understand why that is "piss weak". What more would you expect them to say? I'm sure they are doing everything possible to retain both the Stewart boys long term.
If the club had come out and stated what you just have GG that would've been great. The half a sentence they came up with was a little cold IMO. The club have really come out strong about re-signing Foz and DCE, and I believe they haven't publicly done the same for Snake.

I could be wrong, just my opinion.

Brett won't talk to people like the DT, so the DT write as much as they can about him, throw in a 'sources close to the club' line, which basically means 'it's bull****' and covers their arse if sued because they aren't directly claiming it as fact. thinking if they write enough **** it will make him come out and talk to us.. in this case, i can't see it ever working. If Brett goes anywhere, it'd be England, and when he's ready to.

It's all about advertising impressions for papers like DT. Rothfield even admitted it in one of his blogs replying to someone giving him a gobful saying something like "thanks for bringing all your mates along to the blog the advertisers will be happy with all these impressions"

they write the story they know will fire up enough people, and just as they hope, it does, and people spread the link around, which brings up their impression numbers and keeps the advertisers happy.

the mauler said:
Gorgeous George said:
the mauler said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:

If the club had come out and stated what you just have GG that would've been great. The half a sentence they came up with was a little cold IMO. The club have really come out strong about re-signing Foz and DCE, and I believe they haven't publicly done the same for Snake.

I could be wrong, just my opinion.

Why should they. Last time they told us that Des won't be going and that Hoppa was all but signed up. In the meantime both parties involved were doing deals without their knowledge that they couldn't meet.

The aftermath was an uproar from the fans that they had stuffed up.

Maybe they are still negotiating with Snake trying to get on the same page before they announce that his resigning. If things don't come to fruistion then so be it. But his still contracted until the end of this year and his brother until 2014.

Hi guys-great to have something lively to comment on, it's been fairly quiet.
2012 looks like being very promising, and I do believe the squad assembled have been around the limelight long enough now to handle all the rumours etc. Simple fact is we have the team to do it again THIS year.
As for the future, of course we cannot retain everybody-some will go.
Like many, my hope is they take care of DCE, FOZ and Darcy for long term contracts, in that order.
I hope the Stewart BROS stay, but I think we should leave that to head office to negotiate. If they GO-they wanted more than they were worth. I want the club run with business acumen and professionalism...NO MORE DESSIE DEALS.
I think the club has never been more transparent than it is NOW. I think it is fairly obvious that the changes we see, are as a result of DES going...control freak!
Manly club is a little more relaxed now, and time will measure it's success. Let's get behind the club (not just individuals like GT) and support the whole damn thing.
We have had some good years recently, we can have many more.

The Daily Bellylaugh and its fellow-travelling dross elsewhere in Australia - i.e. the Sub-tropical Parramatta (aka Brisbane) Curious Male and Melbourne's Hun, are the local answers to Rupert's unlamented 'News of the World' scandalsheet - rags not fit to wipe the residue from one's stench trench, after giving birth to a Rabbi Phil Rothfeld/Des C-ntler/Odd Turdberg or Sloth Cleal on the dunny of your choice.

They are junk papers waiting to implode - like NofW

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4