Manly set to re-sign star halves Kieran Foran and Daly Cherry-Evans

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Eagle said:
bones said:
He is already the best halfback at the club since Toovey IMO.

He isnt quiet Ox just yet

Don't get me wrong, I was an Orford fan, but DCE is already an international. Thats something Orford couldn't achieve his entire career. DCE is already a better player than Ox by a long shot IMO.

Kicks further and finds grass more often, passes better, runs better, defends just as well. DCE > Ox ...by miles.

I heard that all the players off contract will be signing new contracts to play for either Manly or someone else. Takes this as offical.

I see Daly has written an update on Facebook saying "Re-signing back 2 Manly with Kieran!". If this is legit & no one hacked his page this is awesome confirmation of long hoped for news!!!

From triple M

EXCLUSIVE: Brett And Glenn Stewart Going To The Bulldogs, Dale Cherry-Evans Staying With The Sea Eagles Post by: Dave-O 9 February, 2012 - 8:41 AM

Mark "MG" Geyer had the latest on whether Manly Sea Eagles stars Brett Stewart and Tony Williams would follow coach Des Hasler to Belmore.

"I spoke to an insider yesterday at the Bulldogs," he said on this morning's Triple M Sydney's Grill Team. "He knew nothing about Tony Williams but he was rather confident that both the Stewart brothers [Brett and Glenn] would be signed, sealed and delivered by season's end to the Doggies."

In other news, there were conflicting reports yesterday that Daly Cherry-Evans would re-sign with the Manly side.

Triple M The Grill Team's Matty Johns said the star halfback will be staying put with the 2011 premiers.

"I did a bit of digging yesterday and the Manly Sea Eagles are absolutely confident they will have Daly Cherry-Evans lined up for a multi-year deal before round one."

What do you think?

One thing I will say and I will never bag the stewy boys but I think if these rumours are true theyneed to remember that the entire organisation and fan base stuck by Brett not just de$ ha$ler. It also ****s me how the media is saying the are flithy with zorba getting the flick and des leaving. Hello des wanted zorba gone, the emails leaked to smh proved that.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
From triple M

EXCLUSIVE: Brett And Glenn Stewart Going To The Bulldogs, Dale Cherry-Evans Staying With The Sea Eagles Post by: Dave-O 9 February, 2012 - 8:41 AM

Mark "MG" Geyer had the latest on whether Manly Sea Eagles stars Brett Stewart and Tony Williams would follow coach Des Hasler to Belmore.

"I spoke to an insider yesterday at the Bulldogs," he said on this morning's Triple M Sydney's Grill Team. "He knew nothing about Tony Williams but he was rather confident that both the Stewart brothers [Brett and Glenn] would be signed, sealed and delivered by season's end to the Doggies."

In other news, there were conflicting reports yesterday that Daly Cherry-Evans would re-sign with the Manly side.

Triple M The Grill Team's Matty Johns said the star halfback will be staying put with the 2011 premiers.

"I did a bit of digging yesterday and the Manly Sea Eagles are absolutely confident they will have Daly Cherry-Evans lined up for a multi-year deal before round one."

What do you think?

I think they have very little credibility if they can't even spell DCE's name correctly.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
From triple M

What do you think?

What do I think? I think it is all speculation and innuendo done to get people talking and getting us Manly supporters riled and into a frenzy so they can create another BS story.
I would ignore it all, until official announcements are made.

Perhaps we have to lose Glenn and Brett to be able to retain DCE, Foran and Lussick. The salary cap gives us no choice and the stewarts are obviously pissed at the way they perceive Des was treated.

I feel so sorry for Brett and Glen. The boys were so upset to hear the reports of earlier news saying that they were angry about Des leaving and they were going to follow the former coach to Belmore.

It's no wonder Brett won't talk to the Media anymore.

Glen is signed until the end 2014 and Brett will be the Prince of Brookvale until the end of this year. At the end of the day that's all we really know. Anything else is simply speculation.

Whatever the brothers choose to do I'm shore all the Eagles supporters will give them our full support.

Cherry's Post on his Facebook seems fairly definite to me. It says to me that the Management and Toovey have everything under control.

Go Manly

bones said:
The Eagle said:
bones said:
He is already the best halfback at the club since Toovey IMO.

He isnt quiet Ox just yet

Don't get me wrong, I was an Orford fan, but DCE is already an international. Thats something Orford couldn't achieve his entire career. DCE is already a better player than Ox by a long shot IMO.

Totally agree. I've stated more than once that I think he'll be the best half back we have ever had.

An official response on twitter from Manly

Contrary to speculation on @triplemsport we are progressing with Brett Stewart and Glenn is contracted till the end of 2014. #gomanly

Berkeley_Eagle said:

Contrary to speculation on @triplemsport we are progressing with Brett Stewart and Glenn is contracted till the end of 2014. #gomanly

Progressing? Thats a piss weak response. That's definately not going to stop the innuendo. Something a bit more positive would've been nice.

Berkeley_Eagle said:

Nice 1 BE. Thx

the mauler said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:

Progressing? Thats a piss weak response. That's definately not going to stop the innuendo. Something a bit more positive would've been nice.

I fail to understand why that is "piss weak". What more would you expect them to say? I'm sure they are doing everything possible to retain both the Stewart boys long term.

Berkeley_Eagle said:

Thanks Berks... Good to see the club react to these rumours..

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4