Manly set to re-sign star halves Kieran Foran and Daly Cherry-Evans

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think both Glenn and Brett are fantastic players, and have been the core of a very successful era in Manly's history, and I would hate to see them leave. However if them leaving frees up cash to secure DCE, Foran, Lussick, T-Rex and others long term, then that is the silver lining for that cloud.

We have a ready made replacement for Glenn in Ferris Buhrer. The kid looks like he could be as good if not better than Gifty, given another year or two under his belt. Brett's departure would be more problematic in the short term, especially with Hoppa gone, but I'm sure there would be adequate replacements become apparent. Look at the talk of Mick Gordon wanting to play fullback at Penrith for example.

There is no point agonising over media innuendo, I think we have to accept the fact that we will not be able to keep this side intact much past this season, it's a cold hard fact of the salary cap and the double edged sword that is premiership success.

Cambo said:
lsz said:
Must be an election coming up

Why else would you talk about it now? It does nothing more than help drive up the price etc
There's no election mate it was done and dusted in December

I also can't see the logic behind this announcement (unless the players have both agreed to terms already).

Aren't the Leagues Club elections due shortly?

Im happy but cant get excited until the ink is dry on the contract we have been sucked in to this sort of talk before so until its done & dusted I will wait before I celebrate

manlysister said:
Im happy but cant get excited until the ink is dry on the contract we have been sucked in to this sort of talk before so until its done & dusted I will wait before I celebrate

I hear Perry carries 3 working pens in his top pocket, if that's any consolation.

The salary cap will ensure we lose players after winning a premiership. However, the media will insist that it was fallout from Hasler leaving.

WAMF said:
Cambo said:
lsz said:
Must be an election coming up

Why else would you talk about it now? It does nothing more than help drive up the price etc
There's no election mate it was done and dusted in December

I also can't see the logic behind this announcement (unless the players have both agreed to terms already).

Aren't the Leagues Club elections due shortly?
The leagues club has nothing to do with the mwse ltd anymore they sold their shares to penn health as such they have no one on the mwse board.

The Bulldogs are sick of looking short, fat and ugly and being stuck on the ground and are going to try anything to soar like the EAGLES!

WAMF said:
manlysister said:

I hear Perry carries 3 working pens in his top pocket, if that's any consolation.

Is it a Polo shirt ??

Cambo said:
the mauler said:
In the article about Snake leaving do they mention anything about Gift leaving as well?
From twitter
“@RLW_Mole: @berkeley_eagle Foran will stay, Stewart bros and Cherry maybe not so...”

“@NRL_RUMOUR_MILL: According to Matty Johns both Stewart brothers will be at the Dogs 2013, Dugan to resign with Canberra DCE and Foran to resign with Manly”

...and of course we must believe everything that idiot Johns says...NOT

Well this thread started of with a hint of some good news and released imo as a psychological boost to the team before they head of to the WCC, but as usual some are not satisfied with the news and some listening to Chinese whispers, rumours and innuendos that the Stewarts are leaving, perhaps Foran, no wait it could be DCE, no Brett is going to England, the skies falling and world is ending.

FFS why cant we just accept it as something positive and not turn it into a negative.

I am a maaaassive fan of the stewarts and i think every manly fan are also however looking for the future i think Darcy and T rex have to be signed long term along with our young halves!! that is KEY. We have to keep the balance of youth and experiance and not just have the older guys perhaps stay to long and then leave all at once leaving us in a bit of a hole. The young guys we have are super talents and can be manly greats and with the players we have(as we have seen some are playing rep footy some will be playing plenty of it in years to come), i beleive can be strong and successfull for plenty yeeears to come. I hope they dont go and i hope none of our team does! I dont beleive they could ever play in the NRL against manly if they were to leave i think it would be for $$$ overseas which is fair enough because they deserve every cent!

I seem to remember many many posts complaining about the club not telling us that they were in negotiation with players or were actively looking to retain key people?

I even remember a massive pen being sent to Graham Lowe?

Makes sense that they (like other clubs) would be doing whatever required under the usual constraints to maintain a strong squad and keep top players where possible so not exactly "news" to hear they are doing it?

Of course, David Perry, The players and their agents will be consulting with News Ltd journalists and any other random interested parties at each step to make sure that they can accurately report or have a bit of a chat or tweet on how the negotiations are developing.....

vidmar said:
I seem to remember many many posts complaining about the club not telling us that they were in negotiation with players or were actively looking to retain key people?

I even remember a massive pen being sent to Graham Lowe?

Makes sense that they (like other clubs) would be doing whatever required under the usual constraints to maintain a strong squad and keep top players where possible so not exactly "news" to hear they are doing it?

Of course, David Perry, The players and their agents will be consulting with News Ltd journalists and any other random interested parties at each step to make sure that they can accurately report or have a bit of a chat or tweet on how the negotiations are developing.....

Mate your right I can't fault the club in this. It's force outside the club that seem to be doing their best to destabilize the club. Look at the crap that Matt johns and other fools who like to piss in haslers pocket are saying

Brissie Kid said:
Just what are the full terms of Foran's so called 'Hasler get out' clause? Does anyone know or are we are all guessing? Manly didn't sack Hasler, he left of his own accord. Does the clause still apply for that?

Foran hasn't activated his so called 'get out' clause so how could his manager be fielding offers from other clubs?

How are these other clubs negotiationg with players under contract? Isn't there some date they have to wait for? What date is that? Does the NRL enforce that?

there hasnt been a date for long time

byso said:
Why are we telling the media that we hope to sign them within a week.

Is this raising a red flag for the other clubs to get a move on?

It is all psychology to make an announcement like that. A club makes an offer and they say they certain the signing is close to try to make the agent believe that is as good an offer that they can make.

If they dont they say we still are negotiating, player's agent knows the club is prepared to negotiate further meaning increase their offer.

Notice we havent heard from any of the agents that they are close to signing.

Must lock up Cherry long term.The kid will be the best at Manly since the great Bozo.

Big call I know!!

Masked Eagle said:
bones said:
He is already the best halfback at the club since Toovey IMO.

How quickly we forget. I'll hope you'll be brave enough to post your apology to Adam Brown directly on the forum!
And Luke dorn

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6