Manly set to re-sign star halves Kieran Foran and Daly Cherry-Evans

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
quinny said:
Hi guys-great to have something lively to comment on, it's been fairly quiet.
2012 looks like being very promising, and I do believe the squad assembled have been around the limelight long enough now to handle all the rumours etc. Simple fact is we have the team to do it again THIS year.
As for the future, of course we cannot retain everybody-some will go.
Like many, my hope is they take care of DCE, FOZ and Darcy for long term contracts, in that order.
I hope the Stewart BROS stay, but I think we should leave that to head office to negotiate. If they GO-they wanted more than they were worth. I want the club run with business acumen and professionalism...NO MORE DESSIE DEALS.
I think the club has never been more transparent than it is NOW. I think it is fairly obvious that the changes we see, are as a result of DES going...control freak!
Manly club is a little more relaxed now, and time will measure it's success. Let's get behind the club (not just individuals like GT) and support the whole damn thing.
We have had some good years recently, we can have many more.

Sanity at last. They will sign those players in that order and others will have to decide if they want a change of lifestyle when their contracts expire. Its pretty simple. Manly couldn't be in better shape. Reminds me of the 70's. Heard Skinner is a great prospect. Go Manly

Supernintendo Chalmers said:
Brett won't talk to people like the DT, so the DT write as much as they can about him, throw in a 'sources close to the club' line, which basically means 'it's bull****' and covers their arse if sued because they aren't directly claiming it as fact. thinking if they write enough s**t it will make him come out and talk to us.. in this case, i can't see it ever working. If Brett goes anywhere, it'd be England, and when he's ready to.

It's all about advertising impressions for papers like DT. Rothfield even admitted it in one of his blogs replying to someone giving him a gobful saying something like "thanks for bringing all your mates along to the blog the advertisers will be happy with all these impressions"

they write the story they know will fire up enough people, and just as they hope, it does, and people spread the link around, which brings up their impression numbers and keeps the advertisers happy.

I'm working in the digital marketing industry in north america and you are spot on!

SwornEagle said:
Brett won't talk to people like the DT, so the DT write as much as they can about him, throw in a 'sources close to the club' line, which basically means 'it's bull****' and covers their arse if sued because they aren't directly claiming it as fact. thinking if they write enough s**t it will make him come out and talk to us.. in this case, i can't see it ever working. If Brett goes anywhere, it'd be England, and when he's ready to.

It's all about advertising impressions for papers like DT. Rothfield even admitted it in one of his blogs replying to someone giving him a gobful saying something like "thanks for bringing all your mates along to the blog the advertisers will be happy with all these impressions"

they write the story they know will fire up enough people, and just as they hope, it does, and people spread the link around, which brings up their impression numbers and keeps the advertisers happy.

I'm working in the digital marketing industry in north america and you are spot on!

Spot on boys! It's because someone buys there crap product!

Narly said:
SwornEagle said:

Spot on boys! It's because someone buys there crap product!

Hey guys, new poster here, have been a life long Manly fan for over 30years. A friend of mine who is also a passionate Manly fan and a close friend to one of the trainers.... reckons Brett and Darcy are off to the Roosters next year. Deal done and dusted! Now i hate hearing sh#t like that. Darcy i can understand but Brett, what does this mean for Glenn now if it's true. Don't bite my head off if it ain't. What are your guys thoughts on this?

I'm sick to death of all these rumours. You have Easts supposedly chasing Money-Bill and Dugan, so they must have one of those an expandable caps that Melbourne used. Then you read Cronk is looking for $850,000 a season. He's good, but which club can legitimately pay this? They are all banking on a huge increase in the cap. If it doesn't happen then Hoppa Jrn will be playing with a bunch of Parramatta SG Ball juniors in 2014.

Brett Stewart to a trainer: "Hey man, I've decided I'm leaving Manly after the 2012 season. I got a great offer from the Roosters and I've always wanted to play under Brian Smith. Please don't tell any of the players, especially Glen, or anyone from the club, they think our negotiations are still progressing, and don't tell the media, or anyone really, except you can only tell that close friend of yours who is a Manly supporter, he'll no doubt be thrilled by the news."

A trainer: "OK."

I bet the players really love hearing this sort of speculation. Or, maybe they don't.

The who, totally agree... hate hearing all this crap as well. I was just about over all the Bulldogs garbage, when he told me this. The only reason i mentioned it is because, i would not be surprised at all if it did happen.
Again guys... don't bust my chops, i want the season to start and for this sh#t to be done and dusted. If any of those guys don't wish to be with Manly, come out and say it so we can all move on. This is the type of garbarge that would unsettle any club and is the last thing we need to hear.

Mals said:
I see Daly has written an update on Facebook saying "Re-signing back 2 Manly with Kieran!". If this is legit & no one hacked his page this is awesome confirmation of long hoped for news!!!

definitely a fake / fan made profile.

Came across this article from late last year indicating that they were not going anywhere. Interesting that brett was backended to $500k for 2012

Stewart brothers laugh off exit talk
Written by Danny Weirdler - Sun Herald

Sunday, 27 November 2011 07:21

BRETT and Glenn Stewart are laughing at suggestions they intend to leave Manly and want their fans to know they have no plans to join a rival team.

The pair are fiercely loyal to former coach Des Hasler but they want the message out there they are not looking to leave. I sought out Sea Eagles boss David Perry to get to the bottom of the situation after recent reports had them joining the Bulldogs, the Dragons and then the Roosters. The Stewarts are traditionally media shy, actually they can't cop most of the media after the way Brett was treated during his court case, hence the approach to Perry.

''I knew what you wanted to talk about so I cleared it with the boys first,'' Perry said. ''They are actually joking about the stories turning up at training. Brett's words to me were very simple: 'I'm not going anywhere'. In fact, we are about to start negotiations with Brett to tie him up beyond 2012. I am confident we will be able to do that and it would be great if he played his whole career at this club.''

What about a clause in Glenn's contract? The word is a payment has not been met but it's unclear if that payment was written in his contract. ''Glenn's contract is watertight and he has no clause and he is not going anywhere. He is with the club until the end of 2014. Both the boys have said that they are excited by the new era under Geoff Toovey.''

As for rival clubs - especially a move to the Roosters - word from the Roosters' inner circle is they have no genuine interest in the brothers. And the reason? They are not sure they want to fork out top dollar for Brett because of concerns about his ongoing leg issues and his age. He will be in huge demand next year. Brett was never going to jump from the final season of the contract - he signed for smaller money in the initial years - but will get $500,000 in 2012.

lsz said:
You hate hearing it but have no fear in spreading it?

No i'm not trying to spread anything, it is a discussion forum afterall. Like everyone else... would love the boys to all remain at Manly. The culture we have at Manly is probably envied by all other NRL clubs. I just hope we smash those Rhino's next week, that way we can all be on a high to start off the season defending our crown silencing everyone!

Mick, I live out in 'burbs and was chatting to a Dragons supporter who reckons Lussick is a done deal at the Eels. Check.

StuBoot said:
Mick, I live out in 'burbs and was chatting to a Dragons supporter who reckons Lussick is a done deal at the Eels. Check.
lol I hate these type of comments, how is that a reliable source? lol

StuBoot said:

Mate, 4 months ago called, they want their Joey Lussick story back.

StuBoot said:

Why would you believe a dopey dragons supporter? I spoke to him in December and in my honest opinion he wouldn't have agreed to any deal for 2013 yet. I say this because I got the impression he was an intelligent guy that wouldn't get overly influenced by a manager pushing for the highest offer because it meant a larger commission.

He grew up on the Northern beaches and loves the lifestyle. His Dad played for Manly, he grew up following Manly and now he's a Manly player himself. He is already signed for 2012 and his preference is to stay. If he ends up signing somewhere else it will be because the money was too big to turn down.

The fact his younger brother is at the eels means nothing. Darcy is the older brother and how many older brothers follow their younger brothers? It's usually the other way around. I believe it'll get down to two things.... Money vs lifestyle. He'll get a bigger offer from somewhere else but the lifestyle on the beaches and being a Sea Eagle is a big consideration.

1 thing for sure is we have him this year and I'm looking forward to a great season. Go the Sea Eagles.

I incorrectly thought people would have realised I was taking the p!ss.
Ceagle - I never said it was a reliable source.
How touchy & paranoid are we?, people.
See how easy it is to stir the pot regarding rumoured signings / defections etc.
PS - She did say it, but what would a dopey dragons supporter living in the 'burbs know what Lussick is doing today, let alone in 2013?
Check mate!

doohan said:
Hey guys, new poster here, have been a life long Manly fan for over 30years. A friend of mine who is also a passionate Manly fan and a close friend to one of the trainers.... reckons Brett and Darcy are off to the Roosters next year. Deal done and dusted! Now i hate hearing sh#t like that. Darcy i can understand but Brett, what does this mean for Glenn now if it's true. Don't bite my head off if it ain't. What are your guys thoughts on this?

Callin' BS on that! Sorry mate

"Hey guys, new poster here, have been a life long Manly fan for over 30years. A friend of mine who is also a passionate Manly fan and a close friend to one of the trainers.... reckons Brett and Darcy are off to the Roosters next year. Deal done and dusted! Now i hate hearing sh#t like that. Darcy i can understand but Brett, what does this mean for Glenn now if it's true. Don't bite my head off if it ain't. What are your guys thoughts on this?"...........My thought is that the footy season can't get here soon enough.

Anthony Griffin yesterday finally admitted what he had previously been denying for 6 months. That is he, believes Wallace's future is at 6 and the Broncos long term are looking for a no. 7 replacement for Lockyer.

Like I have been saying for nearly a year, Cronk has been the speculated target but now I cant see the Broncos paying $850k that they say Cronk is valued at. Regardless of what happend there, there will be a knock on effect with the 7's that are coming of contract.

Brisbane have too many other well-paid stars to be able to splurge on a marquee halfback. They will rely on finding the next gun junior, and they have a lot of juniors to choose from. Even Cherry would probably be out of their price range now. Don't forget the highly publicised revelation that Locky was only on 250 grand (cough). So they probably don't have an unlimited budget for a new half.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2