Manly See Red Over Blake Green

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
yes and off to the cocks.

giphy.gif

It is unusual for an average or at best reasonably solid N . R . L . 1 st grader to be offered a very much increased contract amount while still contracted and as in Green"s situation with Manly at present and which could have the potential to be quite unsettling for the club . Matai was in a similar predicament a few years ago , his increased offer was not as significant as Green "s current and apparent increased contract amount but with no comparable replacement , Matai was virtually obliged to honor his Manly contract . It is going to difficult for Green next season if he does have to for go and decline the Warriors offer and still be able to be then content continuing with Manly, regardless of what should be expected from a professional footballer . Much of course will no doubt depend on what may eventually occur with Pearce "s final club commitment but if there is no Pearce to Manly outcome , maybe it could be a case of Manly biting the bullet and to release Green , give Hastings or even Croker an opportunity , and look to strengthen up a couple of other positions . Generally not an ideal situation having a quite discontented player in a key position , admittedly not a proven or ready made replacement for Green right now but again maybe better to let Green go in the present circumstances .

What are Green's options if we don't release him?

Play like **** - he'll probably scare the Warriors off and won't get another pay day offer from them or anyone else; or

Play well - the Warriors will probably still be interested and he might even get another team interested too (it could even be Manly deciding we want to keep him).

I'm not really concerned about the position we are in.

I think today's Lurker post about Pearce, whilst likely being bull****, presents an interesting scenario (or hypothetical at least). Would we prefer Pearce to go to the Knights on big coin, who in turn release Lamb to us? He's 20, speedy, kicks goals, good kicking game, finished the season strong too as a standout on an otherwise utterly useless team.

I think today's Lurker post about Pearce, whilst likely being bull****, presents an interesting scenario (or hypothetical at least). Would we prefer Pearce to go to the Knights on big coin, who in turn release Lamb to us? He's 20, speedy, kicks goals, good kicking game, finished the season strong too as a standout on an otherwise utterly useless team.
Not for me. We have Hastings, Cullen, Crocker and Metcalf - we don't need any more young halves. He is no better than those listed, so I would rather Pearce any day.

If we can't land someone such as Pearce as a replacement for Green, I think we should stick with Hastings (at the very least he would solve our lack of a goal kicker) and them just move on to trying to get a good forward. We released Myles mid-season and have now lost BJ....so we definitely need another first grade forward.

What did the lurker say?

Not that he’s that accurate but just out of interest....

I'd rather green then lamb he's nothing special though he had a few goodgames maybe he could come good with better players around him. I'd rather dog boy but I see the upside in lamb he would be cheap and if he kicks goals he's already a good acquisition lol otherwise it will be dce as Wright won't make the top 17 and if he does for shame

If we can't land someone such as Pearce as a replacement for Green, I think we should stick with Hastings (at the very least he would solve our lack of a goal kicker) and them just move on to trying to get a good forward. We released Myles mid-season and have now lost BJ....so we definitely need another first grade forward.
Holden what do you think of Napa he's a Fiery bastard and paired with marty could be a great duo

I thought about him when I heard that the Knights were in with a big chance for Pearce and thought he would not hang around if Pearce went there.Good skill set and and good upside,played well in a poor side.Cullen is more a DCE type skill set and I doubt Croker is a guaranteed,able to get through a whole season player(don't know if he is an organizer or more a runner type).If we let Green go,(and miss out on Pearce)he would be a good option to battle Hastings for the number 6 jersey.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8