Manly See Red Over Blake Green

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rug...see-red-over-blake-green-20171111-gzjfnl.html

Not great guys, not great:

Manly Sea Eagles see red over Blake Green
  • Danny Weidler
Manly have a significant issue brewing in their ranks with five-eighth Blake Green, who is due back at training tomorrow. And it all stems from the way his agent Isaac Moses has been dealing with the club.

To say Sea Eagles coach Trent Barrett and the Manly management are unhappy with Moses' antics is an understatement. It's similar to the situation with Mitchell Moses when he was at the Tigers and the manager wanted to shift him to Parramatta.

1510394039968.jpg

Unworkable situation brewing: Blake Green. Photo: AAP

It became an unworkable situation at the Tigers and this is reaching a similar level.

The unfortunate thing is that Green is the one whose reputation is suffering. Green is saying things to Manly that are positioning him as a player who wants out of the club.

Moses was the one pushing for the Eagles to sign Matt Moylan a few weeks back. He rang Manly to ensure they were chasing Moylan, a player he doesn't act for.

For weeks now Moses has wanted to engineer a move to the Warriors for Green. There is a rich long-term deal waiting for Green across the ditch.

Yes, it's understandable that Moses wants to do this. Firstly, because it's a good pay packet for him and his client. Secondly, because it helps out another of his clients, Warriors coach Stephen Kearney. Green could then team up with fellow Moses clients Adam Blair and Gerard Beale, who have secured long deals that, in Blair's case, have the potential the hurt the Warriors down the track.

Rival teams and managers are questioning the Moses connection at the Warriors and if Green, 31, secures a long-term deal, the noises will only get louder.

It was Moses who came to Manly with the idea of moving Green on, and now the Sea Eagles are being forced to defend themselves against accusations they wanted to get rid if Green.

The former Parramatta, Cronulla, Canterbury, Hull, Wigan and Storm five-eighth is valued, at least in the short-term, by the Sea Eagles. His style of play complements the way Daly Cherry-Evans plays.

It would be a brave move by the Sea Eagles to let Green go without a replacement. In fact, the board will ask questions of team management if they don't have a Mitchell Pearce lined up to replace Green.

Moylan, meanwhile, is due at Sharks training this week and he will look for a property in the coming weeks. We are hearing he will live with Andrew Fifita and his family in the short-term. The two are close mates and will be quite the combination next season.

Tell me ,why didnt Warriors throw money at him last year when we were after him.Surely Green was a better option than a nothing one year deal to a mental liability.

The if he doesnt want to be here, then let him go,It could be damaging to the rest of the teams moral, and like we have said before,we dont want anyone that doesnt want to be here. The NRL should step in and give this moses a good kick up the ***e and tell him to pull his head in

Tell me ,why didnt Warriors throw money at him last year when we were after him.Surely Green was a better option than a nothing one year deal to a mental liability.
Fiz fooled them into thinking that he'll be there long term . They even released Lolohea who is a future star :cool:

Green should be released. Manly don't want him after 2018, so bite the bullet and start the pre season with the future 5/8 @:cool:

Every interview I saw with Green, he always referenced the Scumos.
Manly was not his first choice to start with and forcing him to stay is crazy :cool:

I know that this article is pointing to Moses as being the instigator in all of this but it's obvious that Green wants out for a better deal. I think he must be related to maloney.. It's not ideal to let him go without a seasoned replacement but there is nothing worse than someone playing without heart. He's overrated in my view so piss him off and we can blood one of our youngsters if we don't land Pearce.

Moses is a grub. He was behind storms salary cap, whilst suspended for 6 months had steve Gillis sign t Rex contract to the dogs for him, behind parramatta's cap issues with his cousin john bolous, held tigers for ransom and still masterminding trades destroying clubs.
Y he is not barred from the game is astonishing.
But anyway we could do with 200 less missed tackles and 60 less penalties and for the year.

An attack on the behaviour of Green and his manager could only have come from a leak within the Manly club.(or made up:)
It would be crazy to leak this story revealing the loss of your number one five eight while in negotiations for a replacement.
For this reason the timing of this story makes me believe Manly must have signed Mitchell Pearce.

If we dont have a suitable replacement then we cant let him go, it would be ridiculous. 2017 was the one season where we looked stable in the halves and it showed in Dalys form. We will struggle for a top 8 spot without a decent 6, Hastings is untrustworthy and goes soft when the going gets tough, Cullen isnt a suitable option beside chez, all the others are too young. We need Green or Pearce otherwise I fail to see us challenging the top 8 sides.

If we dont have a suitable replacement then we cant let him go, it would be ridiculous. 2017 was the one season where we looked stable in the halves and it showed in Dalys form. We will struggle for a top 8 spot without a decent 6, Hastings is untrustworthy and goes soft when the going gets tough, Cullen isnt a suitable option beside chez, all the others are too young. We need Green or Pearce otherwise I fail to see us challenging the top 8 sides.
But if green's heart is across the Tasman he's not going to perform as well as he did last year. He'll only be happy to stay with an extension and I wouldn't waste any money on him for that. So tough call but we need to let him go if he's going to sulk.

I remember when Ridgey,Roberts,Cunningham were signed to SL and the courts made them play for Manly,they didn't like it but they did it and played well.Force him to play and if he plays poorly then put him in Blacktown(and he will be exposed for whatever he may be doing) and play Hastings,if we can get Pearce then do it,if we can get Hingano or/and Fusitua/Kata in a trade then go for it.Personally I will be happy to play Hastings at 6 if we had to,I think he is ready and as for untrustworthy....people are only hinting at that based on Snakes postings on that matter,there are no indications otherwise to suggest he is untrustworthy(not having a go Snake).I think Hastings and DCE would work a treat if we had to go that road.

If Tom Wright can manage one tackle & 3 grubbers in behind the line, then we don't lose out at all...Green is ****e. What irks me, Green is very close to leaving & now he might stay...fark that. We need a 5/8 that threatens the line with more than just a kicking game.

Fiz fooled them into thinking that he'll be there long term . They even released Lolohea who is a future star :cool:

Green should be released. Manly don't want him after 2018, so bite the bullet and start the pre season with the future 5/8 @:cool:

Every interview I saw with Green, he always referenced the Scumos.
Manly was not his first choice to start with and forcing him to stay is crazy :cool:
I always said we should've signed lolohea.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6