Manly See Red Over Blake Green

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I understand that, maybe they should have upgraded his contract which might have been cheaper. Surely he wouldn't command as much as someone like Pearce or Moylan.

Think the sticking point is that we are only prepared to give Green 1 more year and they are offering 4, we don't see him with us that far into the future

Hastings wasn't used enough in 2017 for mine. Not enough minutes off the bench when he did get a run. Nor was he given starting runs to develop into a first grader.
I'm with you on this. At least Hastings wants to be here, as opposed to Green who doesn't! He's a whole lot younger and an added bonus is that he's a goal-kicker.
As others have said, we should use Green's cash to lure a forward.

I get the feeling that Manly wouldn't have been Green's first choice when it was known he was leaving Melbourne, but we were really the only club at the time who were offering. And now he's got a better offer from the Warriors, he seems to want out.

I hope I'm wrong and that its just his manager trying to look after his own interests.

I get the feeling that Manly wouldn't have been Green's first choice when it was known he was leaving Melbourne, but we were really the only club at the time who were offering. And now he's got a better offer from the Warriors, he seems to want out.

I hope I'm wrong and that its just his manager trying to look after his own interests.

Green would be silly not to go if Warriors are going to double his pay and contract length at 31. I can see why he wants out. If I was a journyman like Green I would be doing the same thing.

God bless some of you, but seriously...

If you think there is more than one or two players at the club that care about "Manly" and "Manly" only, then you are deluded. It's the 1970's anymore where footballers want to play for a particular club.

Cooper Cronk is at the Roosters next year in case you didn't notice?!

You hear it said so often, but it really is nothing more than a business to these players. Sure, they might have a preference for playing somewhere out of convenience or the coach or the players at a particular club but that's about it...

The colours, the culture, the fans, they are collateral. The clubs treat the players the same way the players treat the club. It is what it is. Manly would drop Green like a hot scone if they jagged another half they were happy with. So naturally he wants to put his family's financial future first.

I have no problem with him wanting out...he isn't that good anyway. He is a good honest first grader nearing the end of his patchy career and that is all.

We will be fine regardless. If Hastings sticks around, we could do worse than give him a run. I think people will realise he is simply solid as well though.

I always said we should've signed lolohea.
He's a talent, although is a highly overrated half. Found out on multiple occasions against kiwi's although was lucky to escape them once to create points, which disguised his true quality. Good player though, just won't be that good as a half i don't think, can't organise for ****

• 🤝
Reactions: R3
God bless some of you, but seriously...

If you think there is more than one or two players at the club that care about "Manly" and "Manly" only, then you are deluded. It's the 1970's anymore where footballers want to play for a particular club.

Cooper Cronk is at the Roosters next year in case you didn't notice?!

You hear it said so often, but it really is nothing more than a business to these players. Sure, they might have a preference for playing somewhere out of convenience or the coach or the players at a particular club but that's about it...

The colours, the culture, the fans, they are collateral. The clubs treat the players the same way the players treat the club. It is what it is. Manly would drop Green like a hot scone if they jagged another half they were happy with. So naturally he wants to put his family's financial future first.

I have no problem with him wanting out...he isn't that good anyway. He is a good honest first grader nearing the end of his patchy career and that is all.

We will be fine regardless. If Hastings sticks around, we could do worse than give him a run. I think people will realise he is simply solid as well though.
I agree with most of that there,but until we give him a shot we won't know.......many players for the Sea Eagles surprise when given an opportunity(there are failures as well....)

I agree with most of that there,but until we give him a shot we won't know.......many players for the Sea Eagles surprise when given an opportunity(there are failures as well....)
Yeah it's just to do with his skill set. He is not fast, not overly dynamic, just a steady footballer...he was given a real decent crack at the Chooks and was dropped because all he was willing to do was kick or dish off.

He has a great kicking game and a steady head so there are things to work with but I can't see him tearing the opposition to shreds.

Green is ok. I personally think his role in our team's performance has been overstated.

Sure, DCE played last year than he has for the few years before that, and Green played a part in that. But you are comparing Green to Walker @ 5/8 and a disinterested Foran. Both seriously below average options. Green is average. No better, no worse.

As others have said we need to be tough here. It's not that different to the Moylan situation at Penrith.

If they pay us a transfer fee or give us some quality talent they can have him and this could be a seriously good thing for us.

If his heart isnt here then let him go. Give the position to either Hastings or Cullen(who ever performs the best in the trials) and the money we save on Greens contract + whatever else we can scrounge, throw it at Crichton.
Thank-You, Goodnight and see you in 2018.

If the Warriors want Green and we have a replacement ready why don't we swap Green for something we need like a prop, backrower or another back? Manly need to play tough here tbh..
Cause if we swap him for a prop we are ****ed in the halves again, Hastings was decent at times but you can't bank on him providing the goods.

Well, I wouldn't describe Green as 'above' average. That's a bit of a stretch, so I am doubting your knowledge of the game as well. The only time he looked 'above' average was when he was feeding off Cronk and Smith.
ah yes another took.. so he didn't run our team last year and get the most repeat sets? Therefore letting dce chime in as he saw fit which brought about his best season in recent years but no that wasn't greens organization skills or him directing traffic or running the show oh no must of been Frank winterstein ya egg LO neeeeeeext!

Cause if we swap him for a prop we are ****ed in the halves again, Hastings was decent at times but you can't bank on him providing the goods.

I mean if we have a replacement coming in for Green we should let him go but try in get someone in return for giving him early..

I mean if we have a replacement coming in for Green we should let him go but try in get someone in return for giving him early..
Oh true, yeah that wouldn't hurt, plenty of good players there (potential) that are faltering due to the pure ****ness of the club

Think the Warriors are bound to turn a corner this season, but still, they have some hugely underperforming players over there that may be some great signings in disguise, good idea

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8