Manly need a centre.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Otherwise... Taufua to centre, Locke plays on the wing. Can't see why it wouldn't work. Jorge is built like a blockbusting centre, hits hard in defence, and can't be trusted under a high ball.

I don't think the winger outside Jorge would ever see much ball. Every time jorge breaks the line and has a man in support I have no confidence in him. How often has he thrown a forward pass in those situations. If he can't execute the simple draw and pass I can't see him being able to get his winger quality ball

I don't think the winger outside Jorge would ever see much ball. Every time jorge breaks the line and has a man in support I have no confidence in him. How often has he thrown a forward pass in those situations. If he can't execute the simple draw and pass I can't see him being able to get his winger quality ball
He does have that quick Catch-and-pass thing in his arsenal - have seen him throw a few beauties back inside close to the line...though granted, there have been some less good ones as well of course.

Was just thinking of this scenario. Who will be Walkers partner in the Centre's?

Brian Kelly 20yo
vs
Matthew Wright 25yo

Considering Matthew Wright has played over 100 first grade games, and at one stage was averaging 80% with the boot, although back to 72% now, it wouldn't surprise me that he gets the nod ahead of Kelly. He played some tough games this year, has been signed until 2019, and has played most of his games at Centre.

Wright also filled in with us at 5/8, and from all reports played well, kicked a few goals too. He doesn't have the speed for a wing spot, and I understand he was also playing injured, so should have enough speed as a centre.

Was just thinking of this scenario. Who will be Walkers partner in the Centre's?

Brian Kelly 20yo
vs
Matthew Wright 25yo

Considering Matthew Wright has played over 100 first grade games, and at one stage was averaging 80% with the boot, although back to 72% now, it wouldn't surprise me that he gets the nod ahead of Kelly. He played some tough games this year, has been signed until 2019, and has played most of his games at Centre.

Wright also filled in with us at 5/8, and from all reports played well, kicked a few goals too. He doesn't have the speed for a wing spot, and I understand he was also playing injured, so should have enough speed as a centre.

The smokey is Parker. A natural centre..

Brad Parker 19yo 193cm 90kgs 4 games 2 tries
Brian Kelly 20yo 184cm 96kgs 21 games 11 tries
Matthew Wright 25yo 192cm 95kgs 111 games 32 tries 13 goals

In my opinion Jorge doesnt have the distributing nous to handle centre well. He's big, strong and suits the wing position. Centre? We've got a question mark about one position but better options than Taufua

Well it would appear with the club picking up Kelly for 2017 now, that he is likely to play in the centres.

Well it would appear with the club picking up Kelly for 2017 now, that he is likely to play in the centres.

Worth a try. Sounds like he has the goods and he's still young. If he fails then try other options, but I think he's the best option first unless you consider Omar is up to it.

Trial form should be the basis that our team is picked . If they Go on fake International reputation and pick and persist with players like Brown then they will be creating a recipe for another Walker persistence failure at 5/8 year .
If Brown was a dog I would take him to the RSPCA and have him put down .

There is enough football in Brad Parker for him to be a first grade centre this year. But not in this team. He isn't an athlete although very fast but it's not like slotting a 19 year old Jamie Lyon into a parramatta team full of stars. He would end up like lot of young blokes thrown in in that position too early. It's one of the toughest on the field and is pretty devoid of highlights like the wingers and fullbacks get.

I couldn't believe a few years ago when I coached a school team in the Brisbane area - Everyone wanted to be a winger or fullback.

Wright will do for this year. If snake makes a shake then turbo is the man.

Don't discount slaomankel. He had so much potential coming through.

It's nice to have the depth of Uate Tafua Wright Wright Parker Locke Sloamankel and that's only if Matai can't come back.

Brett Stewart would need to really hit the ground running if he is to make a comeback next year. I'd love to see it I honestly would prefer Turbo to play centre his whole career less burn out and he'd be a rep mainstay. Every team has had a flash fullback for the past fifteen years but only the ones with quality centres have been dominant.

There is enough football in Brad Parker for him to be a first grade centre this year. But not in this team. He isn't an athlete although very fast but it's not like slotting a 19 year old Jamie Lyon into a parramatta team full of stars. He would end up like lot of young blokes thrown in in that position too early. It's one of the toughest on the field and is pretty devoid of highlights like the wingers and fullbacks get.

I couldn't believe a few years ago when I coached a school team in the Brisbane area - Everyone wanted to be a winger or fullback.

Wright will do for this year. If snake makes a shake then turbo is the man.

Don't discount slaomankel. He had so much potential coming through.

It's nice to have the depth of Uate Tafua Wright Wright Parker Locke Sloamankel and that's only if Matai can't come back.

Brett Stewart would need to really hit the ground running if he is to make a comeback next year. I'd love to see it I honestly would prefer Turbo to play centre his whole career less burn out and he'd be a rep mainstay. Every team has had a flash fullback for the past fifteen years but only the ones with quality centres have been dominant.

Further to this. Snake benefitted from having two world class centres outsid him where he could hit a hole or link inside or out. They were a threat so he had more room. Slater had the same decoys but they were around the ruck with smith and Cronk.

Play turbo at centre and he won't end up busted like Inglis but will contribute and dominate like hodges and Lyon have in recent times. Shoring up those outside edges also makes a huge difference to the defensive work a fullback needs to do.

Not saying snake wasn't brilliant but I watched the Tigers last year with a half back who is struggling with the hype piled on him early and a small but decent 6 - but Tedesco killed it with quality centres creating uncertainty.

Look how Milford went without Copley and hodges.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6