Manly need a centre.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
FFS @Harry Smith stop putting unsigned players in your team and saying hey the 2017 team looks strong. You, I and no one else on this forum has a bloody clue if or when there will be more signings for next season!! Preseason starts tomorrow.

Last edited:
FFS @Harry Smith stop putting unsigned players in your team and saying hey the 2017 looks strong. You, I and no one else on this forum as a bloody clue if or when there will be more signings for next season!! Preseason starts tomorrow.
Ok simply replace 4. With Matt Wright and 10. With AFB, still makes no difference

If Whare has signed and DZW is close to signing, I guess that means Jorge has gone. Or maybe it just simply means that DZW is trying to use one of the old Manly pens that never seem to work or Jorge has sabotaged it.

So who was at training today? If Whare had signed, he would have been there and so too DZW. So too Curtis Sironen and all the others.

If Whare has signed and DZW is close to signing, I guess that means Jorge has gone. Or maybe it just simply means that DZW is trying to use one of the old Manly pens that never seem to work or Jorge has sabotaged it.

So who was at training today? If Whare had signed, he would have been there and so too DZW. So too Curtis Sironen and all the others.
He isn't confirmed to have signed so until he has, won't be turning up to our training. Signings really only start around this time of year so that's nothing out of the ordinary if that's what you were wondering. Don't believe Sironen is coming although the players who are confirmed to have signed will be there

So if you are listing stats made from a side depleted with countless injuries then you should at least list the players who made those stats. IF 2016's best available side played week in week out we wouldn't have seen such poor stats making them rather irrelevant

But wasn't everyone complaining about the mass of injuries we had in 15 though? Check this out Bare in mind a player can play 26 games for a complete season.

Matt Ballin22
Cheyse Blair 7
Jamie Buhrer 7
Luke Burgess 18
Michael Chee Kam 4
Daly Cherry-Evans 23
Kieran Foran 19
Clint Gutherson 1
James Hasson 10
Peta Hiku 22
Jayden Hodges 7
Justin Horo 18
Brenton Lawrence 1
Blake Leary 13
Dunamis Lui 17
Jamie Lyon 17
Willie Mason 20
Steve Matai 19
Feleti Mateo 19
Ligi Sao 20
Jesse Sene-Lefao 11
Josh Starling 14
Brett Stewart 22
Tom Symonds 20
Jorge Taufua 17
Jake Trbojevic 23
Tom Trbojevic 9
Brayden Wiliame 5
David Williams 3

That's games played. Pretty horrible remember, so I think it's actually pretty relevant.

I'm happy to debate with you man, but steer clear of @Woodsie . The kids a loose cannon, and I wouldn't be surprised at anything he may or may not do.

But wasn't everyone complaining about the mass of injuries we had in 15 though? Check this out Bare in mind a player can play 26 games for a complete season.

Matt Ballin22
Cheyse Blair 7
Jamie Buhrer 7
Luke Burgess 18
Michael Chee Kam 4
Daly Cherry-Evans 23
Kieran Foran 19
Clint Gutherson 1
James Hasson 10
Peta Hiku 22
Jayden Hodges 7
Justin Horo 18
Brenton Lawrence 1
Blake Leary 13
Dunamis Lui 17
Jamie Lyon 17
Willie Mason 20
Steve Matai 19
Feleti Mateo 19
Ligi Sao 20
Jesse Sene-Lefao 11
Josh Starling 14
Brett Stewart 22
Tom Symonds 20
Jorge Taufua 17
Jake Trbojevic 23
Tom Trbojevic 9
Brayden Wiliame 5
David Williams 3

That's games played. Pretty horrible remember, so I think it's actually pretty relevant.

I'm happy to debate with you man, but steer clear of @Woodsie . The kids a loose cannon, and I wouldn't be surprised at anything he may or may not do.
Yep 2015 was a shocking year of injuries as well although our current best available side still hugely tops the one in 2015 which was considered to be a side that was on the slide. I'm happy they've been able to rebuild us to where we are, a good young team capable of growing into one of the best again as long as we handle contracts well from here on out. It's been a harsh two years recruitment wise with plenty of our legends retiring, we've somehow managed to come out OK after the likes of Jason King, Matai, Lyon, Kite, Foran, Glenn Stewart, Watmough and more have left due to coming of age. It has been rather remarkable to have come out with players like Tapau, the Trbo's, Walker, Whare/DWZ (or so it seems) and plenty more. Although recruitment has made some really ****ty calls so far, the good ones have outweighed the bad and what I'm unhappy about is the way we've been treating some of our legends

Yep 2015 was a shocking year of injuries as well although our current best available side still hugely tops the one in 2015 which was considered to be a side that was on the slide. I'm happy they've been able to rebuild us to where we are, a good young team capable of growing into one of the best again as long as we handle contracts well from here on out. It's been a harsh two years recruitment wise with plenty of our legends retiring, we've somehow managed to come out OK after the likes of Jason King, Matai, Lyon, Kite, Foran, Glenn Stewart, Watmough and more have left due to coming of age. It has been rather remarkable to have come out with players like Tapau, the Trbo's, Walker, Whare/DWZ (or so it seems) and plenty more. Although recruitment has made some really ****ty calls so far, the good ones have outweighed the bad and what I'm unhappy about is the way we've been treating some of our legends

All very valid points.

I still really think the DCE Contract (from both sides) has crippled us.
Nate Myles - Jesus Christ, Nate Myles.
Winterstein, Wiliame, Wright - bleh.
Brown / Walker have potential, but they were WELL done on previous years.
Need some consistency around Hooker - Parcell (in my view) maybe has the biggest upside in the team

Too many utilities. Koroisou, Brown and Parcell should all not be in the team together. I like Koroisou, but think we should have Parcell / Brown, because Brown can play backrow if required, and we are lacking a true number 12 as it stands, with Taupau 11, and Trbojevic 13.

I also remember it was only a few years ago, regardless of the skill level of players, they were filthy at losing. I hate the body languae throughout the group. Just feels there is an apathy to losing with some.

So on and so forth. Think we'll have to agree to disagree on the roster quality difference from now back in 2015. Full strength, that team would have it over this team, any day of the week.

Foran / DCE vs. Green / DCE
Lyon / Matai vs. Walker / ?
Taufua / Hiku vs Taufua / Uate

etc etc etc.

Just the match ups look better in 15.

That said, you're right, todays forward pack is better. I'll admit that.

Looks like it's gonna be either Whare or Watene-Zelzniak according to the SMH!! See my Matai to retire post!!
Phil Gould just stated on twitter that both players are contracted to Panthers for 2017, both players will play for Panthers in 2017 and DWZ has a contract on the table for 2018/2019 but he's on tour at the moment. Guess that means they are coming

I believe we should be targeting a roosters outside back. If you look at their players you have next year Gordon, Mitchell, Tupou, Manu, Kenny Dowall, Ferguson, Nikorima, Matterson, Watson, Pearce, Copley even perhaps Aubbison? There is a lot of talent there and they all can't fit into the starting side. I would love to poach Kenny Dowall although unlikely to nail, we should at least enquire. Manu would be a great young pickup also! Tupou an option along with Matterson. Assuming we snare DWZ and imo I would pass on Whare. The backline could look like this and one of the best in the comp.
1.TURBO
2.DWZ
3.KENNY DOWALL / MANU
4.WALKER
5.UATE
Or...
1.DWZ
2.TUPOU / MANU
3.TURBO
4.WALKER
5.UATE

Thoughts?

Whare is an unknown commodity right now. Let's not forget he's been out of action for 12 months and has not played a game since he has had a major knee op. He could be back being a regular first grader. But equally, plenty after doing a knee, just aren't the same.

It is a mediocre signing at best IMO. Certainly no DWZ.

If he has signed let's hope it's not on big coin. We are accumulating to many average first graders.

Whare is an unknown commodity right now. Let's not forget he's been out of action for 12 months and has not played a game since he has had a major knee op. He could be back being a regular first grader. But equally, plenty after doing a knee, just aren't the same.

It is a mediocre signing at best IMO. Certainly no DWZ.

If he has signed let's hope it's not on big coin. We are accumulating to many average first graders.
Whare is one of the best centers in the game. love him at manly. dwz has shown to be a good fast winger, but no where near the player whare is when both fully fit

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2