Manly need a centre.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Taufua imo is the centre option if as rumoured snake and matai retire.
Kelly or Parker too risky

I dont think Taufua would make a good centre, though I could be proven wrong...and that would not be unusual. But I would take the risk and put Kelly in there. He was a standout in the U20s and therefore like TT is probably just too good for that grade. May take him a while to settle but alongside Walker and outside Green, you have potential fireworks in development. The Walker-Kelly combination could be our next successful long term centre partnership.

I dont think Taufua would make a good centre, though I could be proven wrong...and that would not be unusual. But I would take the risk and put Kelly in there. He was a standout in the U20s and therefore like TT is probably just too good for that grade. May take him a while to settle but alongside Walker and outside Green, you have potential fireworks in development. The Walker-Kelly combination could be our next successful long term centre partnership.

Kelly hasn't signed on for reserve grade, you can bet promises were made.

i did read an interview somewhere that he was promised an NRL starting spot in his original contract(2018) wouldn't be surprised to see it happen sooner.

No offense Briza but I would bet my left nut that no guarantee to play first grade has been or ever will be put in a contract. There wouldn't be a solicitor outside Botswana that would allow any club to place themselves in such a position of risk.

It may have been inferred that he would get first chance, or he may be first reserve, or at some point during the year he would get a run, but not even a rookie coach would make promises.

PS (any offense given to our Botswanian cousins was unintended and in no way reflects the opinion of the author or the Silvertail forum as a group)

Last edited:
Kelly hasn't signed on for reserve grade, you can bet promises were made.

i did read an interview somewhere that he was promised an NRL starting spot in his original contract(2018) wouldn't be surprised to see it happen sooner.

Yeah I also read that the reason Kelly chose Manly was the lure of a FG spot. He hasn't come here to play Ressies.

He was an outside back for the Blues U20s, so he is certainly a talented player and worth giving a shot.

2017 is a lucky dip year with a new team. Now is the best time to take a chance on a young kid.

Last edited:
Yeah I also read that the reason Kelly chose Manly was the lure of a FG spot. He hasn't come here to play Ressies.

He was an outside back for the maroons U20s, so he is certainly a talented player and worth giving a shot.

2017 is a lucky dip year with a new team. Now is the best time to take a chance on a young kid.

Yep, nothing to lose this year and for some everything to gain.

A few of these newbies may well stand up and be part of the next decade of dominance, because don't worry it's coming!!

He was an outside back for the maroons U20s, so he is certainly a talented player and worth giving a shot.

If your referring to Brian Kelly he played for the mighty blues u20s scored 4 try's in a game as well

I dont think Taufua would make a good centre, though I could be proven wrong...and that would not be unusual. But I would take the risk and put Kelly in there. He was a standout in the U20s and therefore like TT is probably just too good for that grade. May take him a while to settle but alongside Walker and outside Green, you have potential fireworks in development. The Walker-Kelly combination could be our next successful long term centre partnership.[/QUOTE

lets hope he lives up to hype eg Ashley alberts

any news on Omar Slaimankhel ... someone commented that he hadn't made it through the train & trial?

I asked the same question ... no answer so I'd say he is still a chance

You can see him in the training photos the club recently released. But than again that will mean nothing as Parcell is in there as well.

It's pretty poor. We finally get some training photos. Only to see it shows shots of guys sweeting it out and working hard, who won't even be at the club next year.

Manly Daily today says Matt Wright will be our first choice goal kicker. Ahead of Dylan Walker and DCE with Jamie Lyon his kicking coach! Now Hastings may change that but Zorba is telling us right now Matt Wright is clearly in the starting team.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8