Manly need a centre.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Further to this. Snake benefitted from having two world class centres outsid him where he could hit a hole or link inside or out. They were a threat so he had more room. Slater had the same decoys but they were around the ruck with smith and Cronk.

Play turbo at centre and he won't end up busted like Inglis but will contribute and dominate like hodges and Lyon have in recent times. Shoring up those outside edges also makes a huge difference to the defensive work a fullback needs to do.

Not saying snake wasn't brilliant but I watched the Tigers last year with a half back who is struggling with the hype piled on him early and a small but decent 6 - but Tedesco killed it with quality centres creating uncertainty.

Look how Milford went without Copley and hodges.
I too would not be opposed to playing Turbo in the centres. Particularly if Locke was to rediscover his best form at the back.

Options at centre are sketchy....but maybe 1 of these not as bad as the rest
*Kelly is an unknown at NRL level but...attitude up to talent = worth a go.
*Wright is a backup at best...too slow, struggles to read a play.
*Parker deserves more credit imo and has shown potential.
*Turbo would kill it anywhere, but WILL play FB...
*Taufua is a Powerhouse, but lacks the smarts...a finisher - defence here also Iffy.
*Omar/Locke - Both crazy attackers but defensively have doubts.....either or both will get an opportunity in the 1,2,3,4 or 5.
*Due to financial constraints/players eating up cap but unlikely to play, will miss a quality centre option, or the "plan" would have started in 2017.....:wasntme:

Options at centre are sketchy....but maybe 1 of these not as bad as the rest
*Kelly is an unknown at NRL level but...attitude up to talent = worth a go.
*Wright is a backup at best...too slow, struggles to read a play.
*Parker deserves more credit imo and has shown potential.
*Turbo would kill it anywhere, but WILL play FB...
*Taufua is a Powerhouse, but lacks the smarts...a finisher - defence here also Iffy.
*Omar/Locke - Both crazy attackers but defensively have doubts.....either or both will get an opportunity in the 1,2,3,4 or 5.
*Due to financial constraints/players eating up cap but unlikely to play, will miss a quality centre option, or the "plan" would have started in 2017.....:wasntme:
you forgot Lewis Brown :wasntme:

IMG_1755.jpg
I'm hearing Horo is going back to Manly : I hope I'm wrong; but I doubt it .
I saw that, too.

The scary part is talking Horo up as a centre...Lewis Brown would be a gun in that league...very uninspiring if true, however...if money becomes available, expect a step up from that call.

you forgot Lewis Brown :wasntme:

Every 2017 preview I have read in the media has Lewis Brown locked in as one of our starting second rowers. I'm beginning to think that most journalists don't like Manly lol.

And just on Horo.....I don't believe a word of it. After all but being snubbed in first grade this year then being released to Salford because he was seen as surpluss, why would he come back the very next year when the same coaching and back room staff is in place? I'm more inclined to believe the James Graham rumour than this one.

Last edited:
I 'd love to see Horo back, great decoy runner, can offload and gives %100.

Horo > Brown

Barrett won't drop Brown just as the dog wouldn't drop T-rex even though everyone bar the coach can see we have better players on the sidelines or in lower grades that are better than them.

How good are the Titans recruitment going! And If they get Copley as well. Just may be being owned by the NRL is not so bad.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8