Manly need a centre.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I've just read Kevin Naiqama is being squeezed out of the Tigers to make room for Idris.

Pity mansour got injured on tour today. If it's a reconstruction it Maybe less likely for Penrith to release one of those backs we want.

Just because Josh Mansour is out for 6 months after tearing his AL, doesn't mean Dean Whare won't be released. Whare is not a winger, so holding on to him doesn't solve there problem.

But I still think they would be adding things and would be more inclined keep Whare and release a forward they were tossing up keeping.

So with Barba now given the Flick, there is talk that Beale is staying put.

So whilst Whare/DWZ are defiently our first options, the market for centres seems to be getting thinner.

Given we have had no word on Snake retiring I wonder if the club is thinking that Kevin Lock could be an option or Turbo to centre and locke as cover for snake.

Surely at this stage Manly are aware of what is happening with Matai and Snake?

I would be extremely disappointed if they don't have a clear idea by now and know what caps space they have to play with to find replacements.

I would be stunned if there aren't calls and negotiations happening with other clubs about players being released. Sironen was also under contract remember, as was Taupau last year.

While there isn't much quality off contract this year it means nothing these days.

If any substance in the DWZ rumours I would imagine we will have to wait for NZ to return from Four Nations to confirm anything.

Bozo is many things but he isn't silly and will know exactly what is needed.

I would be extremely disappointed if they don't have a clear idea by now and know what caps space they have to play with to find replacements.

I would be stunned if there aren't calls and negotiations happening with other clubs about players being released. Sironen was also under contract remember, as was Taupau last year.

While there isn't much quality off contract this year it means nothing these days.

If any substance in the DWZ rumours I would imagine we will have to wait for NZ to return from Four Nations to confirm anything.

I'm sure there will be a new high quality centre training with us on monday. We simply need to wait for @Hgbcds to let us know.

I'm sure there will be a new high quality centre training with us on monday. We simply need to wait for @Hgbcds to let us know.

I think you are right. Why would they let Williame go if they didn't have an iron in the fire. I'm hoping it's Whare, he's been with us before, so he knows the club and the lifestyle.

Hopefully the forgotten centre we have in Dylan walker stands up next year and stops banging on doors.

Maybe Steve matai will work through it otherwise we will need another gun centre... Would love to see Izy Folau in an eagle jersey he is after all playing at Brookie next year in February!

I'd take John Folau at this stage off Parra, unless the eels want to do the right thing and let Gutho come home..
(that will never get old)

I like Gutho :D:p

I think you are right. Why would they let Williame go if they didn't have an iron in the fire. I'm hoping it's Whare, he's been with us before, so he knows the club and the lifestyle.

This is a good point. Seems odd to have let him go if we didnt have a plan as he would have had to been a serious option to play centre.

We have backline depth with Parker, M Wright and hopefully Locke but none are serious options at centre.

• 🤝
Reactions: R3
Just because Josh Mansour is out for 6 months after tearing his AL, doesn't mean Dean Whare won't be released. Whare is not a winger, so holding on to him doesn't solve there problem.
According to the larker, we have signed mansour's ACL as a spare part for Matt wright. In the hope that it will improve his speed.

sporting news seems to think we are still in the hunt for Whare.

It is interesting that there is plenty of talk Matai negotiating a medical release. Yet ATM there is nothing on Stewart. Seems likely Matai's finishing up, but Snake plays on.

sporting news seems to think we are still in the hunt for Whare.

It is interesting that there is plenty of talk Matai negotiating a medical release. Yet ATM there is nothing on Stewart. Seems likely Matai's finishing up, but Snake plays on.
He has ongoing meniscus issues, that have been harder to shake than he had hoped.
He told me he will be playing on in 2017, that was of early September.

Otherwise... Taufua to centre, Locke plays on the wing. Can't see why it wouldn't work. Jorge is built like a blockbusting centre, hits hard in defence, and can't be trusted under a high ball.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6