Manly Match-Fixing Investigation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamster Huey

Space Invader
We do have a media manager ( Hi Wayne) who reads this forum incessantly, but I'm led to believe the real media manager doesn't do technology.

Sadly, true or not, I think our name has been sullied big time.

As @susan and I have discussed it will greatly affect our ability to recruit any decent player ( at all), and you'd have to suggest that sponsors would be getting more than a tad nervous.

To be honest I don't have any love for the media manager ( not you Wayne) but I'd agree with his stance, this situation is " death by a thousand cuts" and it just can't go on indefinitely without any action other than a media circus.

The 'real' media manager would know all about 'death by a thousand cuts', given it was his preferred method against our last coach, via his mates in the media.

Now, it's not so much fun to play...

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
If the allegations were that Manly threw games I would be concerned and devastated.

Whilst the allegations are that a couple of players threw games I don't give a cuss.

If the likely suspects are found guilty, then burn them, that will tell the world sponsors and fans included what the principles of Manly are.

A coupled of numnuts bring themselves into disrepute, they certainly don't bring 70 years of proud history into disrepute.

On a personal level, if he who cannot be named is guilty, I would be saddened beyond belief.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/le...ove-branding-from-jersey-20160607-gpdlir.html

Manly's woes have gone from bad to worse with revelations they are locked in a bitter dispute with their major sponsor, who are demanding the Sea Eagles remove their logo from the front of their jersey.

In a drama unrelated to the match-fixing allegations that have been raised about two games involving the Sea Eagles last season, the company FAL Food and Beverage, which owns the coconut water brand Coco Joy, has withdrawn its $1 million a year sponsorship of the NRL club, claiming its former chief executive Nick Xenos had no authority to enter into the deal.

The dispute is due for a hearing in the NSW Supreme Court on July 27.

Manly's three-year partnership with FAL was announced last November, upgrading their level of support from the sleeve of the jumper to the front.

However, the alliance has come crashing down in the past month. In early May FAL wrote to Manly advising the club that in their view a sponsorship agreement did not exist and in any event, if it did, it was being terminated.

Lawyers for the company followed up with more correspondence in mid-May demanding the club cease using the Coco Joy branding on their jumper but the Sea Eagles have continued to use it as recently as their last game, a 30-18 defeat to the Raiders in Canberra last Friday night.

"FAL Healthy Beverages has no relationship with Manly RLFC. FAL terminated its sponsorship with Manly on 3 May, 2016," said FAL spokesman Patrick Southam in a statement given to Fairfax Media on Tuesday.

"On 18 May FAL's lawyers wrote to Manly's lawyers directing that the club immediately cease using FAL's 'Coco Joy' trademarks on players' jerseys, or otherwise promoting itself as having any relationship with FAL. Manly have refused to comply with this request.

"FAL contends that Manly's continued unauthorised use of FAL's trademarks has caused, and will continue to cause damage to FAL and its brands, especially in view of the current investigation into alleged match-fixing being conducted by the NSW Organised Crime Squad.

"A hearing in the NSW Supreme Court is scheduled to begin on July 27."

Fairfax Media is awaiting comment from Manly officials on the matter.

A separate civil action is underway in the Supreme Court between FAL and eight defendants including former CEO Xenos, who allegedly also entered into sponsorship deals with A-League clubs, American soccer team New York Red Bulls and Premier League giant Manchester City without the approval of the company.

FAL Healthy Beverages is a division of a global company based in the Middle East and owned by a Saudi Sheihk, Fahad Mohammed Al-Athel. In January, the senior vice-president of FAL Holdings, Khaled Refaat, was a guest at Manly training at their North Narrabeen base.

It is understood that while Manly continue to use the company's logo on their jersey the FAL corporate box at Brookvale Oval has been closed off to the sponsor.

Manly's next match is against Penrith at Brookvale on Sunday.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/le...ove-branding-from-jersey-20160607-gpdlir.html

Manly's woes have gone from bad to worse with revelations they are locked in a bitter dispute with their major sponsor, who are demanding the Sea Eagles remove their logo from the front of their jersey.

In a drama unrelated to the match-fixing allegations that have been raised about two games involving the Sea Eagles last season, the company FAL Food and Beverage, which owns the coconut water brand Coco Joy, has withdrawn its $1 million a year sponsorship of the NRL club, claiming its former chief executive Nick Xenos had no authority to enter into the deal

I'd be guessing Manly would have a formal contract and might fight this one , let's see if they come out with blank jerseys on Sunday.

To be honest be good to see that ugly green blob gone , but good luck getting another sponsor in the current climate.

Ron E. Gibbs

First Grader
^ Always suspected Coco Joy was a dodgy product from a dodgy company. Didn't ZtH claim responsibility for signing them up? Maybe we can get that Sportsbet sponsorship now…

HappilyManly

Journey Man
I'd be guessing Manly would have a formal contract and might fight this one , let's see if they come out with blank jerseys on Sunday.

To be honest be good to see that ugly green blob gone , but good luck getting another sponsor in the current climate.
Rule #1 - Don't piss the Arabs off @:cool:

But Manly would have a valid contract bought in with great fanfare by ZtH !

FAL's protestations are a bit delayed.
The soccer, ours and all other sponsorship deals were publicized way back in 2015.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
The big unanswered question is how much of the sponsorship has been paid in advance?

Do we have the dollars in the bank?

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
Well if they want to pack up the license and transfer it to Perth then they're lining up all the ducks to fold this once proud club up. What a farce we have become.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
Well if they want to pack up the license and transfer it to Perth then they're lining up all the ducks to fold this once proud club up. What a farce we have become.
A move could be a great thing... think of the financial backing and favours we would receive from the NRL, let alone the jarring situation of favourable referring. I'd be very happy with the Hong Kong-Manly Sea Eagles. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14