Manly Match-Fixing Investigation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Status
Not open for further replies.
We do have a media manager ( Hi Wayne) who reads this forum incessantly, but I'm led to believe the real media manager doesn't do technology.

Sadly, true or not, I think our name has been sullied big time.

As @susan and I have discussed it will greatly affect our ability to recruit any decent player ( at all), and you'd have to suggest that sponsors would be getting more than a tad nervous.

To be honest I don't have any love for the media manager ( not you Wayne) but I'd agree with his stance, this situation is " death by a thousand cuts" and it just can't go on indefinitely without any action other than a media circus.

If it's going to happen then lets just rip the band aid off and get on with it. I'll never forgive Zorba for his treatment of Tooves but he's correct this time. Put up or shut up !

If it's going to happen then lets just rip the band aid off and get on with it. I'll never forgive Zorba for his treatment of Tooves but he's correct this time. Put up or shut up !
Tell me if I'm wrong (im sure you will) but I still feel that Zorbas comments were having a dig a Toovey as well.
Have I just taken this wrong or is his slagging off at the previous employees, that they were worried about, includes Tooves not just A Johns????

If the tele is correct and players are on the punt with shady types and perhaps getting "rewards", then perhaps some other people who go on the punt with the players may be caught up in this. There is no crime there on the face of things, but it's a bit murky.

If the tele is correct and players are on the punt with shady types and perhaps getting "rewards", then perhaps some other people who go on the punt with the players may be caught up in this. There is no crime there on the face of things, but it's a bit murky.
They aren"t getting "rewarded" for tipping the last winner at the Redcliffe trots. If the allegations are true,which I fervently hope they are not, they are getting rewarded for match fixing, which most certainly is a crime;as a lot of Pakistani fast bowlers will attest to.

Last edited:
They aren"t getting "rewarded" for tipping the last winner at the Redcliffe trots. If the allegations are true,which I fervently hope they are not, they are getting rewarded for match fixing, which most certainly is a crime;as a lot of Pakistani fast bowlers will attest to.
It's a crime punishable by 10 years jail :eek:
http://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parliam...ch-fixing_the_Australian_legislative_response

http://www.landers.com.au/publicati...uces-10-year-jail-sentences-for-match-fixing/

I would imagine that the reaction from Manly is exactly what the police want. The more Manly is rattling cages, poking around the bushes (select your cliche), the more chance that someone will slip up.
Manly's problem is that they are collateral damage in the fight against organised crime.
That simple. That damaging. And precisely why they should never have allowed such figures into dressing rooms.

That simple. That damaging. And precisely why they should never have allowed such figures into dressing rooms.
This is EXACTLY THE POINT. I don't believe we have thrown matches but wow haven't we given the haters a free kick due to player stupidity and lack of strength from officials. Charges or not this is doing untold damage to our reputation and prospects in the player market because non Manly people WANT TO BELIEVE THIS.

What would you be thinking if you were a sponsor or someone considering a TPA? Would a business risk sponsoring someone who might just possibly have thrown or might throw a game.Even if the chances are negligible a business cant take that risk.The idea that only a black and white court decision will f...ck us is crazy.

Last edited:
you cant throw a league match. its almost impossible. I dont think there is much in this.

Yep Jen. We don't, but everyone in league land and the general populace outside of Manly wants to believe it and therein lies the rub....and the damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10