Manly Match-Fixing Investigation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Status
Not open for further replies.
I must admit I do like the prospect of Zorba trying to throw his (considerable) weight around when it comes to the police:
Zorba: tell us everything
Police: no
Zorba: you have to
Police: don't
Zorba: do so
Police ... s i l e n c e

Not sure if it has been raised before in the 50 pages of posts but I'm not looking back fondly at our Centrebet sponsorship at the height of our success in 2011. Between them and Tom Waterhouse they really up the ante on rugby league betting advertising even renamed Penriths ground.

I preferred the old days where you left the old stinky deros to punt on footy tab in the corner of the pub or at the tab and everyone was happy... or sad.

Once again I long for the old days of rugby league when things were simpler and we all loved the game more but we still hated our rivals. Now we only have common disdain for the refs and nrl administration.

Better stop rant as am I am starting to sound like Gus and we all know that is not a good look

Luckily manly has a professional media manager, who will be able to guide the club through this crisis with wise advice and well-considered statements.

NOT!!!! :0)

Now is the time for bringing in a pro to advise on crisis management PR.
Nothing a quick "good sort" comment to Deputy Police Commissioner Catherine Burn won't fix.

Luckily manly has a professional media manager, who will be able to guide the club through this crisis with wise advice and well-considered statements.

NOT!!!! :0)

Now is the time for bringing in a pro to advise on crisis management PR.
You know we actually have a media manager that is not Zorba. Just imagine going to work everyday dealing with ....well nothing as the big fella has it all covered.

Let's get another media type in there as well it
Nothing a quick "good sort" comment to Deputy Police Commissioner Catherine Burn won't fix.
Skyhooks wrote a song about that didn't they?

from the DT article:
"Details have also emerged of former and current Manly officials who expressed concern about events at the club in the last two seasons, which included a push to have Geoff Toovey sacked."

Anybody have any idea as to what this means? Is there some relevance to the fixing?

I know little about the inner workings of the Manly club and certainly dont know much about Toovey's personal life, but I do know a little about the law.

If a Manly official who made that comment is identified, and he has no evidence of Toovey being involved in this matter, he has brought himself and the football club into potentially deep manure. If it's an accurate quote and recorded, that's defamation of character even by implication and I would suggest Toovey's solicitors would be looking at the item very carefully.

As an official the person represents the club and therefore Toovey would have the right to sue the football club big time. I'll be interested to see how this pans out.

Heard this too but haven't seen it and don't know anybody who has.And you don't have to be Hercule Poirot to work out who it is if the photo does exist at all.

Last edited:
I know little about the inner workings of the Manly club and certainly dont know much about Toovey's personal life, but I do know a little about the law.

If a Manly official who made that comment is identified, and he has no evidence of Toovey being involved in this matter, he has brought himself and the football club into potentially deep manure. If it's an accurate quote and recorded, that's defamation of character even by implication and I would suggest Toovey's solicitors would be looking at the item very carefully.

As an official the person represents the club and therefore Toovey would have the right to sue the football club big time. I'll be interested to see how this pans out.
It's a clumsy sentence in the article, but I take it to mean that officials expressed concern about happenings at manly, including the push to have tooves sacked.

It's a clumsy sentence in the article, but I take it to mean that officials expressed concern about happenings at manly, including the push to have tooves sacked.

Or is it officials were concerned at the happenings and wanted to push Toovey out over it.

We'll after all is said and done and his career does come unstuck. IF hes gonna fall from grace at least he's having one hell of a 'crack' at making it worth the while.

image.png

I tend to agree Shoe1 but its worthy of an apology at least because the implications in the sentence can be interpreted as Toovey having been involved with the gambling issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10