Manly in Crisis (a mega thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

#crisis ??

• Yes

Votes: 111 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 91 45.0%

• Total voters
Geez people have short memories. Des and Foran shat on this club big time in 2011. Why have they be absolved and now anointed? We had Des in charge and Foran playing most games at 5/8 with the million dollar man at half back this year and we finished 11th! Lots of excuses as usual but it was a monumental underachievement. IMO we looked like a very poorly coached team on the field that played dumb football on the back of low percentage plays by their captain and then crumbled in defence showing little or no resilience. We all saw this happen. What is about Des that suggests that he will do anything differently in 2023. History suggests that he will not and more of the same is on the way.

We are under siege. This however is one of the worst attacks I have ever seen considering the lack of real apparent facts involved apart from the @Woodsie mighty tin foil hat… the true oracle….As the great Toovey once said “there needs to be an investigation” everyday we are confronted with pure speculation type stories and trashy scuttlebutt that targets the bottom of our brain stems. Rugby league journalism is the same if not worse than the gossip tabloid magazines say like woman’s day etc. this story spun by the master troll himself beggars belief. This is apparently a top story. How dumb do these media people think we are.? i.e. the implication is if you quickly glance at the story is that there is a relationship problem between DCE and Jake because they have not been seen out socially together.How pathetic have we now become that this is apparently a top story? Even if true this means absolutely nothing! Anyway it appears that that the mob led by the highly paid golem Rothtool would like to see our club in tatters whether there are serious genuine issues or not! apparently this type of reporting and news is aptly called ENTERTAINMENT. Enjoy reading the daily news my feathered friends . As the saying or song goes “ don’t believe the hype”

Hold up ... If you recall, the first signal I received from my tin foil cap was when Penn, rather than support Dessie for blasting the ref, decided to throw him under the bus and publicly chastised him .
I said at the time it was the first shot in a power struggle ...

Whilst I agree that all the players don't get on hysteria is just click bait .... the power struggle is very real ..

I thought by Thursday the media would be concentrating on this weekends finals games and not the Sea Eagles.

Nup, we are living , rent free , in their heads.

It’s 1030 am and I’ve seen 3 stories from 9NRL , 2 from Code Sports , 2 from FoxNRL and there’s probably more but they’ve blocked me for calling them ****ing Wankers !!

I thought by Thursday the media would be concentrating on this weekends finals games and not the Sea Eagles.

Nup, we are living , rent free , in their heads.

It’s 1030 am and I’ve seen 3 stories from 9NRL , 2 from Code Sports , 2 from FoxNRL and there’s probably more but they’ve blocked me for calling them ****ing Wankers !!
I understand what you are saying feathered friend

But the sad fact is we at Manly are adding Fuel to the Fox fairy tail head lines

Hold up ... If you recall, the first signal I received from my tin foil cap was when Penn, rather than support Dessie for blasting the ref, decided to throw him under the bus and publicly chastised him .
I said at the time it was the first shot in a power struggle ...

Whilst I agree that all the players don't get on hysteria is just click bait .... the power struggle is very real ..
I would not ever get in the way of freewill mate. Reality like beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
PS. Would love to see a pic one day of your tin foil hat.

Geez people have short memories. Des and Foran shat on this club big time in 2011. Why have they be absolved and now anointed? We had Des in charge and Foran playing most games at 5/8 with the million dollar man at half back this year and we finished 11th! Lots of excuses as usual but it was a monumental underachievement. IMO we looked like a very poorly coached team on the field that played dumb football on the back of low percentage plays by their captain and then crumbled in defence showing little or no resilience. We all saw this happen. What is about Des that suggests that he will do anything differently in 2023. History suggests that he will not and more of the same is on the way.
You do have some valid points there TE

Even last year when we made the top 4 at the back of the Tom Turbo show

As soon as clever coaches worked out how to block Turbo out of the game they also blocked any winning game plan that Des produced

And since then it has been stop Turbo and you stop Manly competing with the top 8 teams

Other good top teams have a game plan to win with out their star players but we seem incapable

What is it that the great Des will do anything different in 2023 you say ?
Des is known for his resilience and never say die approach and this has some Meritt to get Manly back on track

You do have some valid points there TE

Even last year when we made the top 4 at the back of the Tom Turbo show

As soon as clever coaches worked out how to block Turbo out of the game they also blocked any winning game plan that Des produced

And since then it has been stop Turbo and you stop Manly competing with the top 8 teams

Other good top teams have a game plan to win with out their star players but we seem incapable

What is it that the great Des will do anything different in 2023 you say ?
Des is known for his resilience and never say die approach and this has some Meritt to get Manly back on track
Tragic eagle - brilliant summation.. Bozo agree with your thoughts. Let’s face it, Des did similar to the dogs… leopard and spots comes to mind. Just send Des to the newly created director of football and he can take a back seat, behind the scenes with a new coach. Question is, who’d work in a coaching role under Des

Foran was our best player this year and gives all every game.

I think you mean 2015 re: Foran. Looks like your memory is even shorter.;)

Tragic eagle - brilliant summation.. Bozo agree with your thoughts. Let’s face it, Des did similar to the dogs… leopard and spots comes to mind. Just send Des to the newly created director of football and he can take a back seat, behind the scenes with a new coach. Question is, who’d work in a coaching role under Des
I understand what you are saying feathered friend

Trying to look at things from a positive point of view

What also comes to mind with Des is He did similar with the Dogs in taking them to 2 Grand finals as he won 2 grand finals with us

Des was also capable of working together with coaching staff during those successful years

The 64 dollar question is
Is Des still capable ?
Is his time up ?
As every greats time comes to an end

This just may be the post of the year for so many reasons.

I would not ever get in the way of freewill mate. Reality like beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
PS. Would love to see a pic one day of your tin foil hat.
1662600361197.jpeg

Well I am getting on. Thanks for the correction TZ. But they have both betrayed us in the past is the point.
All people are getting on @Tragic Eagle But Passionate Eagles like you will always keep on keeping on

So keep up with your great Passionate Views

My views on Foran and Des are these

They may have both betrayed us but they Both also Glorified us with Grand final Glory

All people have flaws and have strengths and weaknesses and No one is Perfect
Des and Foran will always be Manly Legends and we must always respect them for their Great Contribution to our Legendary club

Well I am getting on. Thanks for the correction TZ. But they have both betrayed us in the past is the point.
I know.

However in Hasler’s case he was forced into a position by the Board, apparently with the Penn forces to the fore. He felt he had no choice but to leave.

It was a major downer after winning a GF. In order of magnitude, perhaps a little higher than our greatest ever player’s decision to leave straight after a GF victory in 1976.

With Foran, I put a lot of that down to relative emotional immaturity, hand in hand with a tumultuous personal life at the time.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2