Manly in Crisis (a mega thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

#crisis ??

• Yes

Votes: 111 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 91 45.0%

• Total voters

Red Pill

Enthusiastic Amateur
We are under siege. This however is one of the worst attacks I have ever seen considering the lack of real apparent facts involved apart from the @Woodsie mighty tin foil hat… the true oracle….As the great Toovey once said “there needs to be an investigation” everyday we are confronted with pure speculation type stories and trashy scuttlebutt that targets the bottom of our brain stems. Rugby league journalism is the same if not worse than the gossip tabloid magazines say like woman’s day etc. this story spun by the master troll himself beggars belief. This is apparently a top story. How dumb do these media people think we are.? i.e. the implication is if you quickly glance at the story is that there is a relationship problem between DCE and Jake because they have not been seen out socially together.How pathetic have we now become that this is apparently a top story? Even if true this means absolutely nothing! Anyway it appears that that the mob led by the highly paid golem Rothtool would like to see our club in tatters whether there are serious genuine issues or not! apparently this type of reporting and news is aptly called ENTERTAINMENT. Enjoy reading the daily news my feathered friends . As the saying or song goes “ don’t believe the hype”

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
A couple of years ago when cleaning out my Uncles place I found an unopened 1964 Bottle of Grange. Unfortunately it was stored standing up so cork was dry and wine was stuffed. Still drank it but it was like draino. Still had the tag on it and it cost $8.50. 🤦
I knew someone who actually drank Drano as a child. He sounded like a combination of Tooves and Darren Lockyer, but several octaves deeper (he was a big bloke). Killed his tastebuds too. Apparently a favourite party trick of his was to eat sh-t - literally. After all, he couldn’t taste it.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
I knew someone who actually drank Drano as a child. He sounded like a combination of Tooves and Darren Lockyer, but several octaves deeper (he was a big bloke). Killed his tastebuds too. Apparently a favourite party trick of his was to eat sh-t - literally. After all, he couldn’t taste it.
You mix in interesting circles 😉

madmax

Bencher
Schuster on Instagram said and I quote "Foran is the best player his ever played with and is going to miss him". Well if that's the case why did your manager threaten the club so you can play 5/8?
Seriously? Schuster at no stage demanded he play 5/8….his MANAGER did. You just stated that in your post. Give the kid a break ffs!

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member
I watched 5 minutes of the idiots on 360 last night. Some of the dribble about the rift was along these lines.:
There's a big problem when it's two leaders blah blah.
But you don't get on with everyone in your team, workplace.
They don't hate each other.
They don't hang out together.
They have a civil working relationship.
They're just different people.
This wouldn't be a problem if the team was performing but they're not.
After hearing this and working out the mob are just creating their own dialogue I just switched off.
I'd assume married guys with 3 young kids normally don't spend their spare recreational time with younger, unmarried guys without kids.
Bunch of idiots.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
They hate us but we don't care.
Hey, we all know how Des likes under the radar. This is perfect for Manly!
I commented a while back that this years dramas could actually bring our squad together and I still think that. Des has been criticised for locking the owner out of the sheds but I'm sure it was another part of a masterful strategy. Will be a fascinating offseason for sure.

JenEagle

Bencher
I watched 5 minutes of the idiots on 360 last night. Some of the dribble about the rift was along these lines.:
There's a big problem when it's two leaders blah blah.
But you don't get on with everyone in your team, workplace.
They don't hate each other.
They don't hang out together.
They have a civil working relationship.
They're just different people.
This wouldn't be a problem if the team was performing but they're not.
After hearing this and working out the mob are just creating their own dialogue I just switched off.
I'd assume married guys with 3 young kids normally don't spend their spare recreational time with younger, unmarried guys without kids.
Bunch of idiots.
Yeah agree.

They just talk rubbish.

Did anyone see when Ben Elias went off on a diatribe about the Manly management then board and insinuated that the members should vote the board out however his credibility was completely blown when tooves corrected him that manly is a privately owned club so the board is not elected by members.

Damien2812

Bencher
Seriously? Schuster at no stage demanded he play 5/8….his MANAGER did. You just stated that in your post. Give the kid a break ffs!
Schuster could have told his manager to back off and not push the club for him to play 5/8 if he was going to miss Foran.

Briza

Maroon and White - Born and Bred
With news also Des is safe and be offered an extension.
I believe he may or may not get a 1 year extension as Coach, the Crux of the meeting is a succession Plan.
If nobody is ready or another coach can't be found for 2024 Des will get a 1 year etension, the other half of the succession plan is to move Des into the Football department (hopefully)

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
OK, how long are we going to excuse players from responsibility for what their manager said. They choose their manager, their manager is an authorised representative of the player. As a player, you are responsible for being aware of what your manager is saying and doing on your behalf. The player is also responsible for either stepping forward to clarify any actions of their manager that they do not agree with or accept, or alternatively, have their manager step forward to clarify the player's position.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 5 6 47 12