Manly in Crisis (a mega thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

#crisis ??

• Yes

Votes: 111 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 91 45.0%

• Total voters
@Mark from Brisbane ... did you hear the one about old Hamish, he was getting on in years, and one day approached his life long friend Macdonald ... Macdonald he says, you've been a true friend all these years, through good and bad, and never let me down.

Aye, says Macdonald .. and Hamish pulls a 75 year old bottle of the finest single malt from his backpack and says, I haven't got long to go old friend, and when I'm gone and buried in the soil of my homeland, will you do me the honour and service of pouring this bottle of whisky over my grave .

Aye says Macdonald .. would you mind terribly if I filtered it through my kidneys first?

Yes that’s the bonus with that one , it tastes like a 10 year old wine.

Don’t worry mate with a 240 bottle wine fridge built into my new house that’s just the budget lines I like.

I just bought 2 bottles of St Henri Shiraz and a 407 Cab Sav to store for a few years ( my 70th coming up in 3 years ).

Whilst I have a few bottles ( 3 ) of Grange and 1 Henschke Hill of Grace stored away now I’m retired I don’t have the income to buy $750 bottles of wine so the 3 above ( costing $390) was a real splurge for me currently.

A couple of years ago when cleaning out my Uncles place I found an unopened 1964 Bottle of Grange. Unfortunately it was stored standing up so cork was dry and wine was stuffed. Still drank it but it was like draino. Still had the tag on it and it cost $8.50. 🤦

As I mentioned in another topic, how big is the current conflict of interest where a host on the flagship Rugby League show with 3 hours of airtime a week, is also a player manager, and can use that vehicle to pump his players up, Munster being the prime example

So you think football clubs are likely to pay more for munster because of what his manager said to viewers of 360 ...

Its history .
1662520655603.png

We know his name, Mario Tartak. You will not be busted for defamation.

And agree. De-Tartakify - by gradually phasing out the god botherers, taking this non-entity Hales with them.
Just being cautious. Don't wanna get @Dan or the site in trouble with the lawyers

The front office has been a pig's breakfast since the Penns took over yet we still made GFs and semi finals. The buck stops with the coaching staff, the conditioning staff and most of all the players who miss tackles, drop balls, throw stupid passes, do dumb nothing kicks, run around in circles and generally look like a rudderless ship. They're paid hansomely to perform and do all the simple things right. So FUKING get out there and earn your FUKING money.

Dee Why, if you are drinking an exceptional red it is your duty to share the name and year so I can get some for myself. Need a good glass especially after the last few weeks!.

NYEagle
Was a Taylors Reserve Parcel Shiraz 2014...
Probably a little past its prime but most enjoyable nonetheless.

Taylors Cabernet Sauvignon was my introduction to red...
Ah, mothers milk :)

So you think football clubs are likely to pay more for munster because of what his manager said to viewers of 360 ...
You’ve got a bit more up top than that …

Feeding his mates opposite him details of where negotiations are at and when this club and that club become involved is an obvious advantage into setting up the best scenario for his client, now Melbourne came in and upped their offer all of a sudden they start reporting that the Tigers are now throwing big money in

I have admired what Des has achieved in the past and always will

But his teams predictable selections and game plans have become what his team has become

The front office has been a pig's breakfast since the Penns took over yet we still made GFs and semi finals. The buck stops with the coaching staff, the conditioning staff and most of all the players who miss tackles, drop balls, throw stupid passes, do dumb nothing kicks, run around in circles and generally look like a rudderless ship. They're paid hansomely to perform and do all the simple things right. So FUKING get out there and earn your FUKING money.

Agree .. we are a poorly coached team ...

The office being full of numbnuts is just making a bad situation worse ..

It's all about the game.
It's about the teams.
It's about the players.
It's never been about the fans ,and nor should it be.

@Dan Surprised you haven't heard from several lawyers by now with all the defamation going on in here.
I haven't checked the site email yet. Have been away for work in Singapore and had a sick wife and baby at home footy and the site just haven't been a priority, so who knows.

The defamation would be directed at any individuals who posted it not at the site itself

Agree .. we are a poorly coached team ...

The office being full of numbnuts is just making a bad situation worse ..

The benchmark of excellence must both be raised in the office and on the field

There are lots to learn and improve from this Mediocre Season

Just reading thru the countless stories that have been rewritten about the club, des and the players this week there seems to be new faction so to speak.

Now when all these leaks came out of the club we all thought of the usual suspects eg Zorba, bulldog ritchie, buzz and Hadley. But it has become apparent to me that the a large amount of the are leaks maybe coming from one player manager who has several players from western Sydney at our club on his books.

To spell it out the same manager manages most of the god squad 7 who are tight with Steve Hales. The same manager leaked to the Mole (tony adams) that he told his player not to complete the survey.
Now today the mole is saying that Hales could be the front runner to replace Des..... gimme a break please. How was his record at blacktown. Just because a bloke is a good schoolboys or junior coach doesn't mean he will cut it at NRL level eg Peter Sharp and Garth Brennan

The same manager who since manly brought Foz back in 2021 was leaking to the media that schuster was promised the 6 jumper and wasn't happy.

I think the club is in dangerous ground here with one, we have seen how other clubs like the broncos have had a majority of players signed to one manager and it's caused dramas.

If you want to know the managers name google Crown Sports
One million percent

The first time I was seriously worried about the direction of the club was when I looked into the role of Tartak the other day.

Hugely concerning
He’s already gotten rid of a club great who loved the club for his underperforming client. Now he wants to eliminate Des, the only stubborn fixture resisting his political influence at the club. So many leaks lately and motives are all behind it.

If Tartak pulls his players out of the club now, it’d be a much more short-term impact than if he gets control over the coach and the entire direction of the club

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4