Manly in Crisis (a mega thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

#crisis ??

• Yes

Votes: 111 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 91 45.0%

• Total voters
You’ve got a bit more up top than that …

Feeding his mates opposite him details of where negotiations are at and when this club and that club become involved is an obvious advantage into setting up the best scenario for his client, now Melbourne came in and upped their offer all of a sudden they start reporting that the Tigers are now throwing big money in

Mate ... not one single thing said on 360 wouldn't have been said, or would have been unknown to Melb .. Munster is being chased by Benny with an open chq book, and you think Melb increased their offer because Braith said something on telly about Tigers ...

Can I suggest that whilst the sun is shining everyone go outside and just spend 10 minutes out there, Spring is here, footy is effectively over, life's too short to dwell on the goings on of this footy club.

Bass season is open too, go fishing or something and smile a bit

A couple of years ago when cleaning out my Uncles place I found an unopened 1964 Bottle of Grange. Unfortunately it was stored standing up so cork was dry and wine was stuffed. Still drank it but it was like draino. Still had the tag on it and it cost $8.50. 🤦
Yep , they have to be stored correctly , sad really

You’ve got a bit more up top than that …

Feeding his mates opposite him details of where negotiations are at and when this club and that club become involved is an obvious advantage into setting up the best scenario for his client, now Melbourne came in and upped their offer all of a sudden they start reporting that the Tigers are now throwing big money in
Admittedly l haven't watched 360 this week but l've always thought that when talk turned Munster and his contract that Anasta has changed the subject quite well.
It seems that Hooper and Kent like to try to stir the pot on that subject but to me Anasta keeps that at arms length.

One million percent

The first time I was seriously worried about the direction of the club was when I looked into the role of Tartak the other day.

Hugely concerning
He’s already gotten rid of a club great who loved the club for his underperforming client. Now he wants to eliminate Des, the only stubborn fixture resisting his political influence at the club. So many leaks lately and motives are all behind it.

If Tartak pulls his players out of the club now, it’d be a much more short-term impact than if he gets control over the coach and the entire direction of the club
It may have an unhappy ending for Des but at least he has stood up against Tartak and not sure any other coach other than the likes of Bellamy,Robinson or Bennett would of survived this long

Yes that’s the bonus with that one , it tastes like a 10 year old wine.

Don’t worry mate with a 240 bottle wine fridge built into my new house that’s just the budget lines I like.

I just bought 2 bottles of St Henri Shiraz and a 407 Cab Sav to store for a few years ( my 70th coming up in 3 years ).

Whilst I have a few bottles ( 3 ) of Grange and 1 Henschke Hill of Grace stored away now I’m retired I don’t have the income to buy $750 bottles of wine so the 3 above ( costing $390) was a real splurge for me currently.
St Henri...
Without a doubt my favorite. So smooth. Prefer it to the Grange.
Not that I have drunk many Granges.
But now I couldn't even justify buying a St Henri.
At over $100 per bottle, while I might be able to afford it, at that price I wouldn't enjoy it!

My son did recently gift me a bottle... Ah bless his little heart. Almost justifies having children :rofl:

@Mark from Brisbane ... did you hear the one about old Hamish, he was getting on in years, and one day approached his life long friend Macdonald ... Macdonald he says, you've been a true friend all these years, through good and bad, and never let me down.

Aye, says Macdonald .. and Hamish pulls a 75 year old bottle of the finest single malt from his backpack and says, I haven't got long to go old friend, and when I'm gone and buried in the soil of my homeland, will you do me the honour and service of pouring this bottle of whisky over my grave .

Aye says Macdonald .. would you mind terribly if I filtered it through my kidneys first?

Mark's talking about wine, you wont get anything from him

Ironically, a few years ago I asked him about wine, and got nothing from him either!

Can I suggest that whilst the sun is shining everyone go outside and just spend 10 minutes out there, Spring is here, footy is effectively over, life's too short to dwell on the goings on of this footy club.

Bass season is open too, go fishing or something and smile a bit

close the site for 3 days.

lulz

Look at that absolute jerk in the photo thinking he is better than everyone else wearing his blue suit. Once again showing he thinks he is a cut above the rest

Forans hands on Toms shoulders warming him up to take DCE out the back and flog him
What about those that aren't wearing socks?
Seriously, grown men going to a formal function and showing us their ankles!
Not that you can see in this photo but they know who they are!

Thanks @Merchant Of Doom . Supporter of 55+ years and I am dropping my membership. Not happy with the Club and team performance. Not prepared to prop up Penn with my meagre donation and it has been ravaged by my super fund.
In my work life, I always stressed to my staff, if you have either your home life or work under control you can fix and improve the other.
All gone to crap. I will be watching, cheering and supporting but holding on to my money until something is fixed.

And not one boomer in the photo to tell everyone how they should look whilst remonstrating how much better the good old days were. Ageist bastards!

The front office has been a pig's breakfast since the Penns took over yet we still made GFs and semi finals. The buck stops with the coaching staff, the conditioning staff and most of all the players who miss tackles, drop balls, throw stupid passes, do dumb nothing kicks, run around in circles and generally look like a rudderless ship. They're paid hansomely to perform and do all the simple things right. So FUKING get out there and earn your FUKING money.
The Penn family took over after the end of the 2014 season. More than 12 months after the last Manly GF appearance. 2014 was of course the last year in a 10 year run of finals’ appearances.

Since they took over, the firsts have only made the finals on three occasions.

Tends to blow a solid chunk of your theory out of the water, Quick from Meensland.

St Henri...
Without a doubt my favorite. So smooth. Prefer it to the Grange.
Not that I have drunk many Granges.
But now I couldn't even justify buying a St Henri.
At over $100 per bottle, while I might be able to afford it, at that price I wouldn't enjoy it!

My son did recently gift me a bottle... Ah bless his little heart. Almost justifies having children :rofl:
$139 now

A very very VERY occasional purchase

Des has never engaged with the fans and never will

He is fiercely loyal to his players and doesn't care about anything else

The buck stops with the coaching staff, the conditioning staff and most of all the players who miss tackles, drop balls, throw stupid passes, do dumb nothing kicks, run around in circles and generally look like a rudderless ship. They're paid hansomely to perform and do all the simple things right. So FUKING get out there and earn your FUKING money.
100 % !!!
The Buck stops with the coach that gets paid big Bucks who should be competent enough to Inspire his team and turn set backs into resilient winning come backs that were non existent

The Des Hasler Inspired teams could only manage just one win all season against a top 8 contender

The Des Hasler Inspired teams broke records of successive losses at the highest point scoring deficits

The Des Hasler Inspired teams earned the mediocre name of flat track bullies from their inability to compete with premiership winning standard contenders

The Des Hasler Inspired team underachieved BIG TIME !!!

Father time and Des Conclusion ....
The Great Champion Des has had an incredible career
and each Great Champion must someday bow to that perrenial old Champion father time who
always wins in tjhe end

Is this the End of Dessies time ???
I hope not but into the 2023 season father time will tell

See the source image

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8