Manly in Crisis (a mega thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

#crisis ??

• Yes

Votes: 111 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 91 45.0%

• Total voters
All the hate is coming from this show and these people

These are the Head line Hate Terrorists

The Root of all NRL Evil

NRL 360
Never ever forget that these clowns represented the despised super league and they will always use anything to discredit our club!! bad Manly news equals TV ratings, I take what they say or write with a pinch of salt!!

Also Hadley this morning said that Jake doesn't or has not spoken to DCE and that he Hadley ,spoke to TM this morning and that TM effectively said words to the effect that if we have the same inputs next year as this year it will be the same result .If TM has any power at all I would take that to mean there will be some change with support staff at least, as for the Captain maybe Jake as a Co Skipper ?
And again can we somehow confirm really what the DCE deal is for 24/25 ? I still think that if it is another 1.2 M for 24 and 25 (which I cant comprehend) and if Des has signed off on that, it is unforgiveable. If its 700-800 then fair enough I guess ,but if its 1.2 that hobbles us badly and no wonder apart from everything else there is alleged agitation in the camp ,as we cant be competitive with an ageing and imho line avoiding half on 50% overs

After WHY we are not playing well
Have injuries kileed us in 2022
We need new players
The coachinf system is behind
It was magic round
There is massive player divisions

Maybe there are bits and pieces of the above playing a factor in the Poor current situation.

But the TRUTH is - the sh** all starts at the front office...Power plays from key Manly figures who don't play on the field.
THIS is the area we need resolved moving forward and the rest will fall into place the Manly way.
A few ego's need to be left outside and all move in a Positive direction for the club rather than themselves.

The post nicely illustrates the way out of all of this. It needs to be us against them, not us against us. Aloiai is in a position to be a leader to bring the playing group back together, so I am enormously encouraged by this post.

I had said in another thread that if we wants out let him go. But if he wants in and he is doing what he can to bring the group together (as it appears he may be doing), then he could be one of the best assets we have.

Yes that’s the bonus with that one , it tastes like a 10 year old wine.

Don’t worry mate with a 240 bottle wine fridge built into my new house that’s just the budget lines I like.

I just bought 2 bottles of St Henri Shiraz and a 407 Cab Sav to store for a few years ( my 70th coming up in 3 years ).

Whilst I have a few bottles ( 3 ) of Grange and 1 Henschke Hill of Grace stored away now I’m retired I don’t have the income to buy $750 bottles of wine so the 3 above ( costing $390) was a real splurge for me currently.
Lads - can you take this discussion to the Len Evans Memorial Thread, over in the general discussion area?

Just reading thru the countless stories that have been rewritten about the club, des and the players this week there seems to be new faction so to speak.

Now when all these leaks came out of the club we all thought of the usual suspects eg Zorba, bulldog ritchie, buzz and Hadley. But it has become apparent to me that the a large amount of the are leaks maybe coming from one player manager who has several players from western Sydney at our club on his books.

To spell it out the same manager manages most of the god squad 7 who are tight with Steve Hales. The same manager leaked to the Mole (tony adams) that he told his player not to complete the survey.
Now today the mole is saying that Hales could be the front runner to replace Des..... gimme a break please. How was his record at blacktown. Just because a bloke is a good schoolboys or junior coach doesn't mean he will cut it at NRL level eg Peter Sharp and Garth Brennan

The same manager who since manly brought Foz back in 2021 was leaking to the media that schuster was promised the 6 jumper and wasn't happy.

I think the club is in dangerous ground here with one, we have seen how other clubs like the broncos have had a majority of players signed to one manager and it's caused dramas.

If you want to know the managers name google Crown Sports
We know his name, Mario Tartak. You will not be busted for defamation.

And agree. De-Tartakify - by gradually phasing out the god botherers, taking this non-entity Hales with them.

Please Take it easy with the alcohol feathered friends
as life is short enough as it is with out making it shorter

Also we want to maintain quality of life and we can do this by trying to keep fit and eat and drink healthy

Please look after your selves :h:

Long-term effects of alcohol consumption above Guideline recommendations include:

There was a good documentary on ABC recently 'The Science of Drugs' 3 episodes can be watched on ABC IVIEW. It covered Alcohol and Tobacco, the spicy drugs and even sugar.

Well they’ve brought talent to the club. Who has Des brought in other than Foran?
I think it’s fair for them to question why some of the young players they’ve recruited haven’t got a proper run. It’s not like we haven’t all been doing this ourselves every week when the team lists come out, and the ridiculous injury toll should’ve opened the door for the young guys but Des has just picked Burbo, KDL etc instead.
I don’t think that’s Hasler’s issue. Look back at the conditions that were placed on his re-employment in 2018/19.

Hopefully Mestrov puts the Fultons & Tartak way down the pecking order.
Resulting in a more stable back office.
Hasler has one year to get us back in the finals.
Hasler appoints a Turbo the new Captain.
Let players who want out ,walk .
Make a couple of forward acquisitions.
Problem solved.
Too easy.

You're welcome.
If only it could be that simple 🤠

We need new players
It was magic round

Maybe there are bits and pieces of the above playing a factor in the Poor current situation.

But the TRUTH is - the sh** all starts at the front office...Power plays from key Manly figures who don't play on the field.
THIS is the area we need resolved moving forward and the rest will fall into place the Manly way.
A few ego's need to be left outside and all move in a Positive direction for the club rather than themselves.

The front office is not our front line of defence on the field

The Front office does not miss our tackles , drop our balls , throw froward passes put kicks out on the full and bomb tires
"
The front office does not keep selecting the same underperforming players and set our ineffective game plans

The front office have their issues and have to raise the bar off the field

and the football department need to raise the bar on the field

And Yes we need an upgrade to our playing roster

We need new players
It was magic round

This is the 3rd time Dessie has been embroiled in exactly the same scenario ... in your opinion .. is he just unlucky ... or do you think he is a major contributor to the unrest ?

The front office is not our front line of defence on the field

The Front office does not miss our tackles , drop our balls , throw froward passes put kicks out on the full and bomb tires
"
The front office does not keep selecting the same underperforming players and set our ineffective game plans

The front office have their issues and have to raise the bar off the field

and the football department need to raise the bar on the field

And Yes we need an upgrade to our playing roster
And is it not the front office that upgrades / is responsible for the playing roster?

This is the 3rd time Dessie has been embroiled in exactly the same scenario ... in your opinion .. is he just unlucky ... or do you think he is a major contributor to the unrest ?
Unlucky Perspective

Bad luck and adversity is part of the game of live

Turning misfortunes into opportunities for success is part of a persons ability of competency and Innovation

Interesting Andy Raymond is also represented by them

You would think a commentator would (and he may have) that he works with a player manger...of the game he commentates on

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8