Manly in Crisis (a mega thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

#crisis ??

• Yes

Votes: 111 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 91 45.0%

• Total voters
FB_IMG_1657567690186.jpg

Perfect picture of Kenty.

According to nrl on fox des was happy to move to a coaching mentor role after 2023 and then to mentor and secure the next manly coach however and has been asking since November last year for this to be tabled as an option however nothing has been put in place.

Here's what I think is going on here, Mestrov has narrowed it down to a handful of people within the club who he suspects is leaking all the clubs biz to the media, so he has created several ridiculous rumours to get into the ears of the suspects, one individual rumour per person.
Then when something like 'Turbos to the Dolphins' comes out, they know specifically who they told that one to, and can now plug up that leak permanently.
Or at least I hope that's what this is.
i got the wife to do just that at her work, until then she couldn't figure out who was using trouble running to the boss to dob on anyone.
turns out it was one of her closest co-workers & when she called her on it the woman turned into a blubbering mess & as word got out it didn't take long for her to quit!

According to nrl on fox des was happy to move to a coaching mentor role after 2023 and then to mentor and secure the next manly coach however and has been asking since November last year for this to be tabled as an option however nothing has been put in place.
Perhaps they recognise that a control freak coaching director simply won’t work.

bah i give up, these changes were a ray of hope that we might shake things up and get it right next season... nope. see you guys in march

Payton is/was not afraid of his stars... JT got sat on the pine, the hammer went back to reserve grade and Valentine got told he does not belong at fullback...

And yet the same media imbeciles that people lap up their word as gospel, wanted Payten sacked 4 weeks into the season last year because of how he was using Taumalolo (let’s use Schuster in our scenario), and they were reporting how the players didn’t like his approach (sound familiar again ?) and he didn’t have the support of his playing group (****, sounds a similar yarn again) and in general was just too hard on the players who weren’t responding to it

And yet the same media imbeciles that people lap up their word as gospel, wanted Payten sacked 4 weeks into the season last year because of how he was using Taumalolo (let’s use Schuster in our scenario), and they were reporting how the players didn’t like his approach (sound familiar again ?) and he didn’t have the support of his playing group (****, sounds a similar yarn again) and in general was just too hard on the players who weren’t responding to it
One big difference that I see is Des backs his players to the point that results do not seem to impact on their selection - think Gojetski, Marty, Froggy, Harper, Schuster, DCE...
Players do not seem to get dropped on form with changes to the side seeming to occur generally when a player picks up an injury...
I get why (Des wants them to know he backs them) but I do not necessarily agree with his approach...

Agree the media is full of morons looking for something/anything to fill column space / air time...

I bet (see what I did there) that the sponsors are just shaking their heads in astonishment. ...

They will be looking back on the days of just simple drunks having a punch up over a pizza as the glory days ..

When it's the owner, head coach, CEO and half the so called grown ups at the club self destructing ... the embarrassment and shame is off the scale ..
o

So Des is creating surveys (without advising his bosses), locking owners out of dressing rooms, has a very divided squad, and people are still trying to say he's the right man for the job because wait for it....they "know" there are no other better alternatives.

FMD
So the survey was Des’s idea ? That doesn’t make sense.

Penn is a fly by night flop, he strolls around HQ with a God complex when decides to jet in from overseas. The HQ staff are not massive fans of him. I put far more faith in Des turning it around, than Penn.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7