Manly in Crisis (a mega thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

#crisis ??

• Yes

Votes: 111 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 91 45.0%

• Total voters
Apparently Zorba said similar today on the BSB this morning that not only his he still mourning his late wife but the club is self destructing and this is all he has left, the club and the team and all this stuff wouldnt be happening if he was still in control or if Bozo was still around, it would have been nipped in the bud straight away
I don’t buy it that Arko is moping about the situation at manly. Arko rode through a million crises, usually up to his elbows in it (read his book).

He knows that crises are part and parcel of any club. I suspect his only regret is that he is not involved now trying for a solution.

I don’t buy it that Arko is moping about the situation at manly. Arko rode through a million crises, usually up to his elbows in it (read his book).

He knows that crises are part and parcel of any club. I suspect his only regret is that he is not involved now trying for a solution.
I disagree but thats my choice and you have yours and thats what its all about

So it's Tuesday after 4pm, no team announcement?

Oh that's right we ain't playing, so then I should rephrase - when will the police report be out about our mad Monday antics? Surely drunk & disorderly, a few indecency claims from the boys dropping their clothes, assault - well forget that last one because none of them have any fight in them.

We just have to suffer a few more days of this **** and then the journos will move to real football stories.

And Mestrov will come out and tell us what’s going on.

#nextweek
Assuming Mestrov has any idea what's going on. Which seems doubtful.

Stories every hour all day today.

Very late in the afternoon there was a very small swing into some finals talk.

But , Manly “ owned the day “.

My Twitter feed is full of Manly stories , about one every hour , tweeted by Foxsports News and then FoxNRL.

It’s like there isn’t even finals games this weekend.

Finals not getting a mention , or hardly any mention.

They’ve released 6 Manly stories today

Gutter journalism

What a ****ing joke. Just think , after they strip away a heap of home games to line Penns pockets, season ticket holders can watch the same pathetic **** (coaches, staff, players, owners , management) get thumped week after week again.

Looks like Penn and Mestrov have gone to water under Des threats , surveys , and people like a few in this forum sucking Des knob while he delivers them loss after loss.

One top 4 victory in 3 ****ing years, and you numbnuts still promote him as the man for the job.

If this fossil is still making the decisions , I'm done. Just like Cambo and others with Slater.

EDIT: Earth to NRL. Is there ANY players available willing to come to Manly right now and play for this bloke ? Tuilagi? That one plodder is IT.

Last edited:
Payton is/was not afraid of his stars... JT got sat on the pine, the hammer went back to reserve grade and Valentine got told he does not belong at fullback...

Whilst Cherry gets to stay outside the team during Covid in QLD, by all accounts.

On the flip side, Des is constantly trying to meet contract clauses to keep employed.....does Payton have that issue?

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8