Manly in Crisis (a mega thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

#crisis ??

• Yes

Votes: 111 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 91 45.0%

• Total voters
Hopefully Mestrov puts the Fultons & Tartak way down the pecking order.
Resulting in a more stable back office.
Hasler has one year to get us back in the finals.
Hasler appoints a Turbo the new Captain.
Let players who want out ,walk .
Make a couple of forward acquisitions.
Problem solved.
Too easy.

You're welcome.

Hopefully Mestrov puts the Fultons & Tartak way down the pecking order.
Resulting in a more stable back office.
Hasler has one year to get us back in the finals.
Hasler appoints a Turbo the new Captain.
Let players who want out ,walk .
Make a couple of forward acquisitions.
Problem solved.
Too easy.

You're welcome.
I agree, the seven have not being spotted anywhere, if they don’t want to be here leave, Hasler needs to be a little humble and realize there is no I in team. Time to rebuild with juniors who are from the area Mestrov needs to make tough calls and if DCE was given special attention on the Gold Coast shame on Des for alienating the team.

This is NOT about a Des v Fulton family power struggle. Its about any coach now or in the future having to deal with others that seem to 'run' the club from the shadows.

Personally, I keep struggling to see why we should keep the great man's kids in jobs when let's be honest the only reason they are there is because daddy allowed it.

The power and clout left the building when Bozo passed. He will forever be remembered but why allow the kids to run a rule across the club for another 30+ years?

I look at it a bit like Kerry packer. Love or hate the man he was a beast that so many feared him, just as Bozo was. however, his kids are jokes and have ruined that family name in pursuit of personal gain and power.

I really don't want that for our great club.

This is NOT about a Des v Fulton family power struggle. Its about any coach now or in the future having to deal with others that seem to 'run' the club from the shadows.

Personally, I keep struggling to see why we should keep the great man's kids in jobs when let's be honest the only reason they are there is because daddy allowed it.

The power and clout left the building when Bozo passed. He will forever be remembered but why allow the kids to run a rule across the club for another 30+ years?

I look at it a bit like Kerry packer. Love or hate the man he was a beast that so many feared him, just as Bozo was. however, his kids are jokes and have ruined that family name in pursuit of personal gain and power.

I really don't want that for our great club.
I think there is a toxicity to the club and that is partially around the Fulton's, partially Penn, partially Des and a whole lot of not having a CEO and the media drumming things. My response is the same with Des and DCE - if Fulton is a super talent spotter and if they add great input into the club in the pathways and other areas... unless we have a talented alternative to come in and replace them then it is no good detting rid of them. Now I am just guessing that in the talent identification/pathways business there would be a heap of talented people around with runs on the board in some way. The problem would be getting the Boycott 10 offside seeing Scott Fulton has been very close to them... but then again they are already offside.

There should be a fifth option that the length of the Fultons' tenure is based on results - like employees of any organisation.

Thus far, they've introduced some great young talent to the club. It's unfortunate that the coaching staff is slow in giving them opportunities in the NRL.

Too funny but did you make it up?
Spotted a few in the photo not looking at the camera but could not locate Schuster...
Did I tell you I was drinking an exceptional red tonight?
Dee Why, if you are drinking an exceptional red it is your duty to share the name and year so I can get some for myself. Need a good glass especially after the last few weeks!.

NYEagle

Well they’ve brought talent to the club. Who has Des brought in other than Foran?
I think it’s fair for them to question why some of the young players they’ve recruited haven’t got a proper run. It’s not like we haven’t all been doing this ourselves every week when the team lists come out, and the ridiculous injury toll should’ve opened the door for the young guys but Des has just picked Burbo, KDL etc instead.

Dee Why, if you are drinking an exceptional red it is your duty to share the name and year so I can get some for myself. Need a good glass especially after the last few weeks!.

NYEagle
Here’s a couple for you in the reasonable price range.

St Hallets “ Faith “ Shiraz

Under $20 , excellent wine

If you want to lash out their “ Old Block Shiraz” is sensational , around $70 a bottle.

Also Jacobs Creek ( don’t laugh )

It’s called their “ Reserve “ , it has a greenish label and mentions “ aged in whiskey barrels “, you can go the Shiraz or the Cab Sav , both excellent , around $23.

Budget line , look for Grant Burge “ Ink Shiraz “ you can get it for about $15 at BWS maybe $17, but for the money it’s very good.

The Fulton’s are fine

It’s Cleal & Singe that should be going

I know Noel well , great guy , but think he’s done **** all in recent years.

I know Donny , not well but met him during WCC tours , I think it’s clear our team is no where near as fit as the top 8, and that rests at his feet!

And whilst we have assistant coaches , do they do anything other than the warm up drills ??

Has Des really developed any of these into superstars???... We don't seem to be a production line of development. They get better after they leave. Even Jake's game has gone backwards under Des over the last few years

/rant

One thing I believe the club, ownership, management, the players have forgotten about is us, the fans. To me, that's where the gap is at present, and to be honest , that gap is widening.

As can be seen on this board, we all support the team in our own unique ways, we all have our own thoughts and views. But one thing is true, we all want the same thing, a healthy , happy club, with everyone pulling in the same direction, leading us to eventual wins, and premierships.

The media have spoken about The Penns, the Fulton's, the Haslers, the players, the Krilliches, the Mestrovs etc etc etc ... one core group that appears forgotten about in all of this? The fans - and what damage this is all doing to the goodwill of the brand (that's us).

End of the day, this is a spectator sport. Without us, there IS no rugby league. There IS no club. To me , it feels like there is a huge divide between the club and us. And that divide is widening.

I understand some fans like @BOZO and @Eagle of London think we don't deserve more information, guidance on the direction of the club, interaction, media presence, but I honestly think (particularly at times like these ) connection , and feeling part of things is paramount. Even the CEO'S of old got it, and held fan forums, to indicate direction, signings, strategies (that one that was videod comes to mind).

I'm starting to see many posts, and messages on social media of what I'd term ironed on fans now showing an apathy to this team and interest levels waining to all time lows.

I personally think the club needs to stand up, reach out, and re-connect with us. Could you imagine any of the current playing group coming and having a BBQ and game if footy with us like Ashley Albert's, Glenn and Brett Stewart did?

We need to be shown signs of hope. I see very passionate fans like Eagle of London, Bozo and many others still fighting the good fight (which is absolutely fantastic), let's hope they don't lose hope or interest, or we are all ****ed.

So come on club, time to start considering your customers here. Time to step up, and connect with us. Time to show us why we should be parting with our money on memberships and merchandise. Relying on past success will only keep you afloat for so long ...

/ rant over

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10