Manly in Crisis (a mega thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

#crisis ??

• Yes

Votes: 111 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 91 45.0%

• Total voters
So Des is creating surveys (without advising his bosses), locking owners out of dressing rooms, has a very divided squad, and people are still trying to say he's the right man for the job because wait for it....they "know" there are no other better alternatives.

FMD

And not to mention he would sign on for $50k, to help ease any cap pressure…..because all East players would play for a fillet of carp and soggy chips.

Sorry if covered in another thread ... but I feel this is an important detail ...

To me it sounds absolutely preposterous that a coach (that wanted to keep his job) would deliberately lock the owner of the club out of the dressing room ...

So, if true, and it sounds like it is ....

Is Dessie simply demented ?
Is it a statement of who has control .. ?

My take is it is a play for the winners prize of $800,000 ... Des is angling to get Penn to sack him and pay him out .... and Penn and Mestrov will increasingly place restrictions and insults (re sacking mates and staff) on Dessie hoping he will walk and save the payout ...
Des has been looking demented for a while now

Not sure about that.
I feel next year we will make the 2022 Tigers team look like champions.
There seems to be a group behind the scenes trying to do as much damage as possible to get there own way.
Having media mates allows it to fester even more.
Penn and Mestrov need to have everyone reapply for their jobs and move the ones on who are causing issues.
This is what i've been saying - we're the next ****ing Tigers

How much more embarrassing is this rubbish going to get?
How about some positive news for a change!
Last year felt like we were finally emerging from the sh*tstorm that this club has been spiralling within since 2013-14...
Sure, football-wise, it still felt like a bit of an illusion as we could not compete with the top sides but the backroom crap had stopped (or quietened down?) and there was real hope (for me at least) that the club was finally getting back to where it needs to be for us to see consistent success...
And then the wheels fell off and here we are again right back in the middle of the storm...
I am really f*cking tired of the storm...

if we're not careful, we'll turn into the Tigers
Well thats not very positive! Even the Tigers have begun addressing their issues and started the rebuild, they’ve been able to sign some quality, Api, Papalii, Don’t know about Sheens, but I think he may be more of a smoke screen to take a little pressure off Benji, anyway will be interested to see how they go next year, at least they have given their supporters some positives to look forward too.

Yeah regardless of thoughts on Penn he is the owner of the club and if true this is childish behaviour.

Caveat being, as others have said, if it was a players an coaches only discussion and everyone else was removed.

But if it was just Penn then it is Des spoiling for a fight

So Des is creating surveys (without advising his bosses), locking owners out of dressing rooms, has a very divided squad, and people are still trying to say he's the right man for the job because wait for it....they "know" there are no other better alternatives.

FMD

.. and numbnuts still hate on Barrett for saying he wouldn't re-sign at the end of his contract ... starting to sound like he was the smart one to get out of the place ...

My Twitter feed is full of Manly stories , about one every hour , tweeted by Foxsports News and then FoxNRL.

It’s like there isn’t even finals games this weekend.

Finals not getting a mention , or hardly any mention.

They’ve released 6 Manly stories today

Gutter journalism

Really hoping Mestrov takes control quickly. Has a reputation of being a tough administrator - he is going to have to be. Ultimately I would just like to see change because what we have now is not working. Fitness/rehab personnel needs an overhaul, assistant coaches particularly defence needs an overhaul AND/OR a head coaching change. We need a fresher/fitter squad. I love what Payton has done at the Cows and that was delivered via a simple game plan with an uncompromising mindset.

Last year felt like we were finally emerging from the sh*tstorm that this club has been spiralling within since 2013-14...
Sure, football-wise, it still felt like a bit of an illusion as we could not compete with the top sides but the backroom crap had stopped (or quietened down?) and there was real hope (for me at least) that the club was finally getting back to where it needs to be for us to see consistent success...
And then the wheels fell off and here we are again right back in the middle of the storm...
I am really f*cking tired of the storm...
It’s pretty depressing really , it seems to have been this way for a decade now.

Well thats not very positive! Even the Tigers have begun addressing their issues and started the rebuild, they’ve been able to sign some quality, Api, Papalii, Don’t know about Sheens, but I think he may be more of a smoke screen to take a little pressure off Benji, anyway will be interested to see how they go next year, at least they have given their supporters some positives to look forward too.
not positive? hahaha what the **** IS there to be positive about with this club right now?
Who have we signed? A guy from the Tigers
Can't get anyone else to come here from a winning team

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8