Manly in Crisis (a mega thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

#crisis ??

• Yes

Votes: 111 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 91 45.0%

• Total voters
All the players and all the staff would have been told very very clearly by Mestrov ... don't blab to the media jackals, we'll sort this stuff out here between ourselves, in private. I say 'would have been told' because that was in one of Mestrov's very first public comments, no more aring of Manly dirty laundry in public.

I doubt any players or staff would disregard that so quickly. Yet stuff is leaking out almost hourly. So who could it be? (No prize for this one sorry.)
And Old Ztc is at it again.
Pumping out propaganda left right and centre.
How many factions are there though ?
The Des camp
The Fulton gang.
The new Mestrov faction.
Is Penn aligned with the Fultons,Mestrov or Des ?,
Or are they a completely separate faction /
Or is the media the only faction here ,hooking us and reeling us into their BS Game ?
I'm confused !
And totally over this sh1t !

Last edited:
This is a depressing period for our club. I have little faith in Penn or DESpicable so I'm pinning my hopes on the new CEO. He could be our saviour.

According to Kenty on 360 tonight, Wayne Bennett met with Tom and Jake at a local coffee shop today.

Clearly they are not really with Des, unless they know he is gooonnne!!

Hmmm

Kenty will be happy he roped in at least one mug with his tongue in cheek shot at how journalists get stories these days ...

Breaking news. I just heard from a mate that Paul Kent was seen having coffee with Bevan Shields from the SMH and Terry Davis and Kerry Stokes from Channel 7.They seemed to be discussing some serious paper work on the able between them . Is Paul thinking of making a move? Hmm:giggle:

The positives from this fiery story is that there is a lot of passion at our club

We just have to use the passion properly working together and put the passion into good use

Funnily enough it was the topic of conversation at our dinner table last night. Winning premierships is what it’s all about. I feel the Rorters are on the cusp of more success and like Mark said, no cap there.
If you were Tom, or perhaps a club without cap restrictions, what would you do? Capitalise on the opportunity? Imagine there backline, it reads like a rep side.
1. Teddy
2. Sualii
3. Manu
4 Turbo
5 Taupo
They possibly have the strongest pack in the comp, with one of the best FR rotations, throw in Cheese next year, quality halves and a solid bench. Almost forgot a very astute and well respected coach. It frustrates me, knowing where we are with our club. The chooks have built a side and culture to envy, (it can’t just be uncle Nick’s money either, surely it begins with the personnel) the gap between us and them is ridiculous on all levels. Not to mention how playing out of there new home ground must feel, we need help and lots of it, I haven’t attacked the Penns, but the more you think about it, the more obvious it is, we need a new owner with the passion and pockets to rebuild us from the top down.

Last edited:
Here's what I think is going on here, Mestrov has narrowed it down to a handful of people within the club who he suspects is leaking all the clubs biz to the media, so he has created several ridiculous rumours to get into the ears of the suspects, one individual rumour per person.
Then when something like 'Turbos to the Dolphins' comes out, they know specifically who they told that one to, and can now plug up that leak permanently.
Or at least I hope that's what this is.

I'm interested in seeing if they offer Lodge a contract once this season's over.

They got him for the remainder of the season for $100k which was supposedly based on the NRL's market value (despite him being on larger contracts at both Brisbane & NZ).

Given he's played well for them & no doubt impressed Uncle Nick, & the only forward they've recruited is the Cheese (who is more of a hooker/lock than a prop) I reckon Lodge will get a shiny new contract for next year & there will be barely a peep in the media.

According to Kenty on 360 tonight, Wayne Bennett met with Tom and Jake at a local coffee shop today.

Clearly they are not really with Des, unless they know he is gooonnne!!

Hmmm
Dont get your feathers in a knot feathered friends

Kent has got it wrong again

The Turbo boys did not meet Wayne Bennet

They met Tony Bennet

Here is Tony singing one of his greatest hits
I left my heart at the Manly Corso

See the source image

Last edited:
Sorry if covered in another thread ... but I feel this is an important detail ...

To me it sounds absolutely preposterous that a coach (that wanted to keep his job) would deliberately lock the owner of the club out of the dressing room ...

So, if true, and it sounds like it is ....

Is Dessie simply demented ?
Is it a statement of who has control .. ?

My take is it is a play for the winners prize of $800,000 ... Des is angling to get Penn to sack him and pay him out .... and Penn and Mestrov will increasingly place restrictions and insults (re sacking mates and staff) on Dessie hoping he will walk and save the payout ...

Sorry if covered in another thread ... but I feel this is an important detail ...

To me it sounds absolutely preposterous that a coach (that wanted to keep his job) would deliberately lock the owner of the club out of the dressing room ...

My take is it is a play for the winners prize of $800,000 ... Des is angling to get Penn to sack him and pay him out .... and Penn and Mestrov will increasingly place restrictions and insults (re sacking mates and staff) on Dessie hoping he will walk and save the payout ...
If the coach locked every one out of the room if it was a finals do or die game I would understand

But locking the owner out of a nothing game is just an ego trip for Des

And if Des keeps his Ego trip above our club he can make another trip out of Manly and coach another club

This Ego Merry go round must stop for the good of our club !!!

The obvious play by Des.

He wants out but he wants his $800k

Can’t say I blame him but for Des it’s always been about the $$$$, it’s why he went to the Bulldogs.

Maybe just wanted a closed to all dressing room situation to address the players or some form of a dressing down or whatever . Quite sure that the matter would have been defused or a plausible explanation offered afterwards . Certainly wouldn 't or could have prevented Penn or any senior official eventually entering the dressing room . Doubt if Des would obviously be keen to walk in the present circumstances , probably still has the support of the playing group in general , . Seems to be more focus on his support staff for whatever reason at the present time . Sure that things will be sorted before not too long administration wise ,. Footy wise just more concerned in getting the best fit for the 6 and 13 roles for next season

Here's what I think is going on here, Mestrov has narrowed it down to a handful of people within the club who he suspects is leaking all the clubs biz to the media, so he has created several ridiculous rumours to get into the ears of the suspects, one individual rumour per person.
Then when something like 'Turbos to the Dolphins' comes out, they know specifically who they told that one to, and can now plug up that leak permanently.
Or at least I hope that's what this is.
Ha , @Dan and I did this about 10-12 years ago , we created a rumour about having signed a really big player who was about to play in a GF and was going to announce his defection to Manly the week after the game.

AND it worked , a story appeared in the Daily Telegraph which caused much embarrassment to the author when it was discovered to be absolute bull**** !!

They just need a snippet / rumour to run with something these days.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8