Manly in Crisis (a mega thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

#crisis ??

• Yes

Votes: 111 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 91 45.0%

• Total voters
I just re-watched the segment and Hooper firstly said that the club(I assume Dolphins)picked up the phone and made inquiries about them,as most clubs do when there’s a bit of upheaval at another club.Kent then said he had unconfirmed reports they had coffee with Bennett,all the while having a smile on his face.Kent tried to call the coffee shop but they never returned his call.During the babble they were carrying on with,I think it was Braith that said the Dolphins had $1.5 million to play with(and he’d know given he’s Munsters manager).Rothfield then fired back saying “so $750K to each””To which Kent replied “no,they’ll only go after one of them”or words to that affect.Given Kent was smirking the whole time this was discussed and looking at Braith,I’d suggest this is a beat up just to get the Munster signing moving
Agreed, it is unbelievable really that the NRL have allowed a player manager a vehicle where he gets 3 days a week with mates in the media to push a narrative that will benefit his clients

With all due respect, we did not lose Foran, Foran was always going to go, The Eels offered him a $hitload more than us and the rumours were strong as far back as 2014 that Foran was going, the club was naive in thinking that they could sign both DCE and Foran for the following season, especially when they were the two best halves at the time, the offer to DCE was a lot lower than what the Titans were prepared to pay so he decided to go to the Titans.
The club decided then that they would concentrate on Foran, stupidly thinking that he was going to stay when in actual fact he already came to terms with Brad Arthur and Parramatta, so Manly went for Kane Elgey from the Titans, Elgey decided to stay at the Titans, so we were left with no option other than to try and make DCE backflip on his Titans deal and the only way we could do that was to offer a lot more than the Titans, DCE would probably have stayed with us if we offered around 900K, instead of the 1m the Titans offered.
As for Tooves, he sided with the non Penn aligned ownership group which put him at odds with the Penns when they later took total control of the Sea Eagles, so his cards were marked, and he hasn't coached since, not for want of trying ,and somehow I don't think he was that popular with the playing group.
As for Glenn Stewart, the club wasn't prepared to pay him the money he was getting as we were struggling with the salary cap, and the NRL wouldn't accept his contract as they deemed it too low, even though he wanted to stay so Souths offered him a better deal and he went there, but only lasted one season.
Trent Barrett, now that was a nightmare, because of Barrett we signed Walker and Tapau on big deals, but had to let Gutherson go and it's been haunting us ever since.
What he said

Remember when inducing players to break contracts was a serious matter in the NRL?
Nope, neither can I.

Is the football club the judean people’s front, and the football department the people’s front of Judea?
Then the Tartak Ten must be the Popular Front @Shoe1 ..........Splitters!!!
This next gif is for anyone that doesn't speak nerd, particularly the Monty Python dialect
monty python fart GIF

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7