Manly in Crisis (a mega thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

#crisis ??

• Yes

Votes: 111 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 91 45.0%

• Total voters
Just read we have identified wooden spoon coach Siebold as a replacement for our 2 x premiership coach Des Hasler??? I agree with moving Des into a coaching director role and introducing new talent/ideas into our coaching structures for long term growth and sustainability but is Siebold seriously the answer????

Just read we have identified wooden spoon coach Siebold as a replacement for our 2 x premiership coach Des Hasler??? I agree with moving Des into a coaching director role and introducing new talent/ideas into our coaching structures for long term growth and sustainability but is Siebold seriously the answer????
How many clubs have coaching directors?Who is the Panthers coaching director?Do you think Bellamy or Bennett have coaching directors?

Geez I hope the Penn loses its ink soon.
crash bus GIF

I agree to a degree as well. I honestly don't think that happens.

1. Siebold is a hothead, and doesn't bow down to pressures. He won't be pushed around by Penn, and I bet has Des back the whole way. He also knows the modern game. He may also entice some players from the bunnies / broncos stocks (because he's not so far removed);
2. Des continues to coach for a year or two, remains part of the club. We SURE as hell know he won't bow down to Scott's demands or pressures. Him, with Siebold (who DOES have Manly DNA and is a local) will form a ruthless one / two punch. Players will certainly know who's boss;
3. Third, you'd have to give credit to Penn here, because one, he'd know the take no **** people he's employed here, two - he'd have opened his purse strings to facilitate two experienced operators, three, he's settled the club, and considered succession so there isn't any drama.

THIS, is what I think will happen. You'd be happy with this mate, surely? If all that happens, let's see the media put a negative spin on THAT. hehe

Stick around bud, we love ya.
I'd be happy with that Scenario, and god damn i hope that's the way it pans out.

We would've made the 8 this year without jerseygate btw which Hasler had no part in.

Anyone making excuses for Seibold saying that Broncos were already a basket case before he took them to a spoon should be asking themselves whether Manly is any better.

Last edited:
Are you giving Penn kudos forthe 2011 premiership?

Is so, that team was already well established, as was the running of the club.

Proof will be how manly gets out of this mess
That Team was established by the great Max Delmege indeed who also saves our arses

But Mr Penn was part owner in 2011 and credit must go to him for taking part in keeping the team together

The only way to get out of our 2022 mess is to make changes and this is what is now taking place

If as reported by the reliable Press (Not!) that communication has broken down between the parties to only through lawyers then Des's future at the club in any role is untenable. But I reckon Des won't go without being paid and not to pay him would be extremely damaging to the club. I wouldn't be surprised if they cut their losses employ a old head as coach with a potential successor as assistant. No one's really talkin up Flanagan but he appears the only old head with credentials who could keep the seat warm for a successor.

On Des his usage of Bullemore as a edge when he cleary at broncos was a middle and Schuster also. Picking Parker/Harper over Koula until injury struck and Kaeo weekes not playing until last round.
There are alot of questions to be answered, is he best person for job still ? Imo yes but he needs to held to account alot more.

If as reported by the reliable Press (Not!) that communication has broken down between the parties to only through lawyers then Des's future at the club in any role is untenable. But I reckon Des won't go without being paid and not to pay him would be extremely damaging to the club. I wouldn't be surprised if they cut their losses employ a old head as coach with a potential successor as assistant. No one's really talkin up Flanagan but he appears the only old head with credentials who could keep the seat warm for a successor.
Des reportedly locked the owner out of the dressing room after a game which proves his Ego agenda is bigger than the morale of the club

A little Humility goes a long way in negotiations and I can understand now why the inflating Egos are escalating this crisis

On Des his usage of Bullemore as a edge when he cleary at broncos was a middle and Schuster also. Picking Parker/Harper over Koula until injury struck and Kaeo weekes not playing until last round.
There are alot of questions to be answered, is he best person for job still ? Imo yes but he needs to held to account alot more.
The Buck stops at the coach . The coach is accountable

Des Haslers selections and game plans attributed to our mediocre season

The team was Des haslers baby and he rocked the cradle

and put our team to sleep

Last edited:
How anybody thinks Dessie will play nice with another head coach who took his job is beyond me ... or allow him enough autonomy to do the job..
The Manly club made Des who he is

All Des's Glory came from our Glorious club

If Des had any Decency and Gratitude he would do what is best for our club and leave the club with dignity

Never lifted them and inspired them to any great heights
Yeah major issue with Des second run picking safe over potential of big upside.
Parker/Harper over Koula
Davey over Schuster
Whole front row rotation over Bullemore
Garrick over Weekes

I can just imagine Dessie on his first day as Head of Football .. welcoming the new head coach to Narrabeen ...

Des .. welcome, you're late !
coach .. it's 6.00am ?
Des .. I've been here since 4.30am, anyway just want you to know that you'll have my complete support
coach .. Thanks ... what's this ..
Des .. Oh, that's your pre-season training program ... thought I'd help out and save you the trouble .
coach ... ar thanks Des but I had planned to co
Des .. here, take this as well ...
coach .. what's that ..
Des .. team selections for next year ... week 1 through to week 26 .. all done for you ..
coach .. but ...
Des .. just being helpful ..
coach .. but .. you've given me only one team sheet ?
Des ... pick and stick son ... pick and stick ..

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8